There are no users currently in the chat room

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

Kovy said he will sign when this hits 1,000 pages

Oh I quit.

so anybody use the Sears Auto Center lately?

This thread hasn't had any American Dad / Family Guy references...so here goes:

rogerdevils.jpg

:thumbsup:

nice cream?

I couldn't find the "buh dum tish" emoticon

I have to say: I am having a very hard time believing anything else but that Kovy wants to play in LA. Why else would LA be lowballing him by so much and dropping out so easily? They know he wants to sign there, he's reaching out to them. Had the Kings given him a good offer, he'd be signed already.

Edited by ben00rs

Good news, everyone!

I'm going to the shore tomorrow.

Which means, 100% without a doubt guaranteed, Kovy will sign somewhere, because I won't know about it the second it happens.

In fact, I recommend everyone find something to do. Remember: A watched Kovy never signs a ridiculous fvcking contract.

no one cares about the fart scene -- no one gets Animal House references -- I'm old

Edited by Pepperkorn

“Nothing is different from yesterday or the day before,” Lamoriello said.

per TG

Some interesting stuff here:

Rich Chere article

"I hope (Nabokov's) decision to join us will influence Ilya Kovalchuk," Medvedev told Russia's Sport Express.

And why would that make Kovy want to sign with you?

Please, kids, if you're oging to quote Catch 22 lyrics, you might as well choose the best set Tom ever wrote for the band:

She was diagnosed on a Friday,

The kids were almost home,

The kids were on their way back home from school,

Lying face down in the gutter,

Of unaccomplished dreams, broken memories of things to come.

"Sorry ma'am, I really am. I had to break the news.

I had to make the phone call to tell you that you're due,

You know where, I'll tell you when,

And I suggest you start living these next three weeks the best way that you can."

Every night for three long weeks, she'd roam the hallways half asleep

And as the footsteps fade away,

In my mind, I could swear, I could swear I heard her say:

Don't wait for me, I've got a lot to do I've got a lot to be

And in the end maybe I'll see you there.

And it goes on and on, but it's too sad for this epic Kovy thread. Oh yeah...Kovy! My prediction is that he'll sign with the Toledo Mud Hens for an entry level contract worth 425 ruples, half a hybrid Toyota Corrola and three bags of Cheetos....baked Cheetos.

Because this worked so well during the Kovalchuk trade rumors...

Joseph-Ducreux-Disregard-141-Page-Thread-Acquire-Kovalchuk.jpg

good stuff

Reading that makes me understand what a difficult decision this is for Kovalchuk. This may take a while longer.

"I hope (Nabokov's) decision to join us will influence Ilya Kovalchuk," Medvedev told Russia's Sport Express.

And why would that make Kovy want to sign with you?

because they're going to be contenders for the KHL title with that kind of lineup.

because they're going to be contenders for the KHL title with that kind of lineup.

Do elite players really give a sh!t about the KHL title? The hardest and most prestigious is still the Stanley Cup.

True, but I'll use any excuse to take an uneccessary shot at Nabakov. :evil:

Do elite players really give a sh!t about the KHL title? The hardest and most prestigious is still the Stanley Cup.

What do you get for winning the KHL title?

EDIT: Answering my own question... the Gagarin Cup

01.jpg

Edited by mmajeski06

Okay, I know I am not an everyday poster, but I read this board everyday. My question...does anyone here firmly believe (without having their special "source") that kovy will sign here? I think it's a good possibility since LA is apparently out again. However as a devils fan I always assume we will let someone else get that top guy...thoughts!?

Okay, I know I am not an everyday poster, but I read this board everyday. My question...does anyone here firmly believe (without having their special "source") that kovy will sign here? I think it's a good possibility since LA is apparently out again. However as a devils fan I always assume we will let someone else get that top guy...thoughts!?

We all know just as much as you. If you're asking for my gut feeling, I have a baaaaaaaaad feeling that he won't be a Devil next year. I don't have any "sources to back that up", and I'm not "friends with Mark (N)Єverson", it's just the way I see it happening.