Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

The meeting according to LeBrun is "All Day".

LET GO KINGS!!!

yea first breakfast, then a quick tour of the practice facility, then a very nice lunch at the staples center followed by a tour of the arena, locker room, etc., then a quick sit down to discuss contract options and the team with the owners and coaches.... then out to dinner to one of the fanciest restaurants in town with Kovy his agent and the kings brass team.

An all day meeting suggests, to me, that it's the make it or break it meeting. LA wants Kovy, Kovy wants LA, but if Kovy and LA can't meet on terms after today then they're actually through this time.

So I guess we'd be looking at

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus

Elias-Arnott-Clarkson

Rolston-Josefson-Langenbrunner

If Josefson learns quick, that third line could be great. I still question Clarkson being on the second line. I just don't see it.

That's just not a cup contending team, IMO. I mean we'll still be better than the Rags and Isles and will more than likely make the playoffs with this team, but I still think a big change needs to happen. With or without Kovy.

first one to post on page 200 wins. lol

That's just not a cup contending team, IMO. I mean we'll still be better than the Rags and Isles and will more than likely make the playoffs with this team, but I still think a big change needs to happen. With or without Kovy.

I'm not happy with that group of forwards either. Clarkson doesn't belong on the second line. Who the hell knows what kind of year Rolston is going to have... and no one knows if Josefson will be there even though he's been given every opportunity now to get that job.

I wouldn't be surprised if this ended today or tomorrow. Kovy knows what NJ has to offer and he will understand what LA has to offer as of today. Then it's just a matter of weighing the pros and cons which i'm sure he's been doing.

Actually, probably more like tomorrow to set up the press conference and let him sleep on it.

My guess. Also I think he's going to LA.

I think what has been holding up a deal with the Kings (only my speculation) is perhaps some pshychological need to get past the $100 million threshold in a front loaded deal that he was supposedly offered in Atlanta, even if it turns out to be over 15 or 17 years. My guess is that he'll learn to live without it, and get soemthing that allws him one more relatively big UFA deal, whether it's in the NHL or Russia.

I'm not happy with that group of forwards either. Clarkson doesn't belong on the second line. Who the hell knows what kind of year Rolston is going to have... and no one knows if Josefson will be there even though he's been given every opportunity now to get that job.

One other thing to consider is that Rolston becomes a healthy scratch on a somewhat regular basis, with the hope of giving him the message loud and clear so he has an extra incentive to waive his NTC. He's probably given every chance to succeed early on, but after that, who knows...

TGfireandice

Darcy Zajac has signed two-year contract with Albany (AHL). He's Travis Zajac's younger brother.

Clarkson should be on the 3rd line with rolston. lets give rolston a smaller role this year, he can still play but obviously not at a major role. keep the expectations low on rolston and let him play a simple defensive responsible game and he'll be fine.

I think the guys in camp both rookie and training camp later on should realize there is a good chance they could get a shot this year and work extra hard to impress and give them a shot at some open/iffy spots in the lineup.

An all day meeting suggests, to me, that it's the make it or break it meeting. LA wants Kovy, Kovy wants LA, but if Kovy and LA can't meet on terms after today then they're actually through this time.

It suggests to me that Kovy will settle in terms of asking price to meet LA's cap requirements. I think he really wants to play in LA and although the Kings bailed out twice, they know they have Kovy over a barrel. I think they need to come to terms that won't embarress Kovy or Grossman pubicly (e.g. incentives).

TGfireandice

Darcy Zajac has signed two-year contract with Albany (AHL). He's Travis Zajac's younger brother.

great news.

I still think it's possible Lou signed Clarkson to trade with Toronto for Kaberle. More like hopeful, I guess, but I'd be more than happy to keep him for the checking line. I just don't see him as a top two line forward.

Langs isn't moving down to the third line. He'll most likely stay with 9 and 19 on the first line. If he gets bumped to third line his attitude would be even worse than it already has been.

Sweet Sassy Molassy, I was hoping to wake up to the news that Kovy was off the market. Grrrrr, He better be signed (by any team/league) by the time I finish my Chocolate Cheerios.

Those lines are fine to start a season with. When was the last time our regular season roster was the playoff roster.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Arnie-Clarkson

Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov

Leblond-Pelley-Whoever

I'm more concerened about a puck moving D anyway.

One other thing to consider is that Rolston becomes a healthy scratch on a somewhat regular basis, with the hope of giving him the message loud and clear so he has an extra incentive to waive his NTC. He's probably given every chance to succeed early on, but after that, who knows...

don't see this as an issue - trading rolston has much more to do with finding a willing dance partner than it does his NTC. when a player knows he'll be embarrassed and isn't wanted, they'll waive it.

Langs isn't moving down to the third line. He'll most likely stay with 9 and 19 on the first line. If he gets bumped to third line his attitude would be even worse than it already has been.

Then it's time for him to go. If he can't come to grips with the fact that he's not a top line forward anymore than it's his fault.

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Break out the checkbook and pay grandma for the rubdown!

I still think Kovy-Watch lasts until tomorrow. Today the Kings win him over, tomorrow he signs the paperwork.

Edited by mmajeski06

Those lines are fine to start a season with. When was the last time our regular season roster was the playoff roster.

Elias-Arnie-Clarkson

Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov

Leblond-Pelley-Whoever

PMD should be #1 on the list but I still think we need help on the right.

Parise-Zajac-$$$$$

Elias-Arnott-Zubrus

Rolston-Pelley-Langenbruner

PL3-Jofeson-Zharkov

Kaberle-Greene

Voly-White

Tallinder-Urborn

That's what I'm hoping for. $$$$ means we use the money we were gonna spend on Kovy on Kaberle and a top line RW.

Elias-Arnie-Clarkson

Rolston-Zubrus-Zharkov

Leblond-Pelley-Whoever

I don't see Arnie & Clarkson on the same line.

Elias-Arnie-Rolston

Sweet Sassy Molassy, I was hoping to wake up to the news that Kovy was off the market. Grrrrr, He better be signed (by any team/league) by the time I finish my Chocolate Cheerios.

Since when did they make chocolate cherrios? You, sir, just blew my mind. But did you really expect him to sign by 8 AM your time? This sh!t is going to go on for a while, methinks.

I assume thiswhole Kovy thing is holding Lou up from making any more moves right now, but the good thing is that the whole kovy thing is preventing anyone else from making any moves as well. Still a decent group of FA Wingers and at least a small handfull of defensemen.

Break out the checkbook and pay grandma for the rubdown!

He went Happy Go Jackel on him like a Donkey eating a Waffle!

Since when did they make chocolate cherrios? You, sir, just blew my mind. But did you really expect him to sign by 8 AM your time? This sh!t is going to go on for a while, methinks.

I just found out about them a couple weeks ago. They are delicious. As for him signing, expect? No. But a boy can dream, a boy can dream...

Well I was hoping this would end by the time I leave for work at 1...but I guess the time differences make that next to impossible. Oh well. I'll be checking twitter a lot today on my phone.

Edited by mmajeski06