Sign in to follow this  
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

Twitter is exploding with the news that Kovy has settled on the Devils. TLoAs link above seem to be the source. 8.5 mill for 7 years? Yikes!

Damn, why does it have to be (N)Єverson. Hopefully another reporter can come out with something soon.

Guess this means the Devils have the rest of the summer to clear around 4 Million for the cap.

Guess this means the Devils have the rest of the summer to clear around 4 Million for the cap.

If Lou can deal a retired Malakov, surely he can deal a Rolston who merely plays like he's retired, right?

Sam Woo has quotes on facebook that Kovy said " this is the place to be "

i would cry a little if we can deal rolston, that's poetic.

hahha made me laugh

Come on, please let this be true! :pray:

If we sign him and the Islanders are still under the cap floor wouldn't it make sense to trade Rolston and maybe a 3rd next year for a high pick of theirs? Just to kill two birds with one stone?

Another rumor out there has the contract at 3 years and $26 mil.

Regardless, it looks increasingly likely that NJ is the final landing spot for Kovy, though I wanna hear it from Jay Grossman or at least Gulitti or Chere first before getting excited.

Anyone just hear what was just said on WFAN 20/20 update???

At this point if we get a report saying that he signed with any other team it would be really painful.

wow this might happen. not thrilled at 8.5 though, that is going to make things mighty difficult around here, unless we can get parise on one of those 15 year deals.

come on already! somebody make it official so we can move on to giving rolston los angeles brochures.

Brooks just threw a bunch of things at the wall hoping they stick in terms of personnel movement to clear cap space.

No tell us ;)

7yr 60 mil on the fan. I assume they are gettng it from NY Post article

This is starting to have that inevitable feeling to it.

Agreed. I'm not so much nervous about him coming here, I just want it to be official so I can actually get out of bed and get things done today.