Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

:lol: it doesn't help that 95 has like 20 lanes each way. I hate driving in South Florida. Only place I've ever seen someone driving with a macaw on their shoulder.

Au contrare...oh wait....it has 20 lanes in Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach.......in Miami it onle has 3-4 and two "express" lanes

Nah I traveled all over the country and into Canada in wood bat leagues during the summer when I was on break from school.

Ooo my bad, my bad. Sounds like someone was a serious baseball player and then had a serious falling out with the sport? :noclue:

Ooo my bad, my bad. Sounds like someone was a serious baseball player and then had a serious falling out with the sport? :noclue:

I was at the point where in college I was having to do homework in trains, buses, vans, planes, you name it. It got real hard and my grades were slipping. I was playing NCAA D3 ball so it wasn't like the schools catered to the athletes.

I had to make a choice. I figured I wasn't going to end up in the majors... and my last at bat as a baseball player I hit a 3 run home run to win the game against Ursinus College in the last game of the year. I didn't come back the next year to concentrate on school.

Au contrare...oh wait....it has 20 lanes in Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach.......in Miami it onle has 3-4 and two "express" lanes

But they drive like their still on 20 lanes I have never seen more people ride the shoulder at 60-80mph, Maybe Kovy does not like NJ highways (Wifeepooh got too many tickets in Jersey for being on the phone)

You are rght about the cell phones, omg so many who do these people call?

and at the bad choice of words Dade county and Broward County are Lawless and Drivers either have no license or ins. or both it is sick.. sorry bad choice of words

So I was defending my people....now I have to speak the truth (which ain't positive). Obviously in Miami the great majority of people are either immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants. The first, come from countries where is not common to possess cars, so the vast majority have never driven....then they get dropped on I-95, I-75, 836, 826........you get me....same goes for cellphones, specially with Cubans. The second part, the sons and daughters are those of people who came in the 80s....either the criminals and mentally ill Castro got rid of, or have some link to Colombian drug....either way, not the best people to teach their kids some respect for others.

But I'm back to my original problems. Florida enacted a law against the use of cells like 2 years ago.....and fvcking cops go around talking on the damn phone....and how are fvcking 90 year olds allowed to drive around!!!

I was at the point where in college I was having to do homework in trains, buses, vans, planes, you name it. It got real hard and my grades were slipping. I was playing NCAA D3 ball so it wasn't like the schools catered to the athletes.

I had to make a choice. I figured I wasn't going to end up in the majors... and my last at bat as a baseball player I hit a 3 run home run to win the game against Ursinus College in the last game of the year. I didn't come back the next year to concentrate on school.

A three run walk off shot and questionable to go to the majors...Kudos to you, that's where steroids begin for most ball players.

So I was defending my people....now I have to speak the truth (which ain't positive). Obviously in Miami the great majority of people are either immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants. The first, come from countries where is not common to possess cars, so the vast majority have never driven....then they get dropped on I-95, I-75, 836, 826........you get me....same goes for cellphones, specially with Cubans. The second part, the sons and daughters are those of people who came in the 80s....either the criminals and mentally ill Castro got rid of, or have some link to Colombian drug....either way, not the best people to teach their kids some respect for others.

But I'm back to my original problems. Florida enacted a law against the use of cells like 2 years ago.....and fvcking cops go around talking on the damn phone....and how are fvcking 90 year olds allowed to drive around!!!

I seriously want to run for office just so I can enact an ordinance where you have to retake a driving test when you turn 60, 65, 70 and so on. Seriously it's not even to be funny old people are dangerous on the roads.

And I can't tell you how many times I'm talking on the phone and driving and I say HOLD ON! and put the phone down to drive past a cop and the cop is on the phone at the same time. It's stupid.

A three run walk off shot and questionable to go to the majors...Kudos to you, that's where steroids begin for most ball players.

It was sickening. Our 2nd baseman and right fielder were roided up in college. And when we played TCNJ, there was no doubt over half of that team was on SOMETHING. With the amount of money and drugs and foreigners in baseball today, it has become impossible for competitive college ball players to shoot for their goals and make the majors.

Behold the asparagus fern.

asparagus-fern.jpg

Edited by Elias26

Lebrun says Pat Sharp maybe availiable

http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

"My ESPNChicago colleague Jesse Rogers believes Patrick Sharp could be in play as well now and he's much more easily moveable... We'll see "

hes very versatile can play center and winger

Coming from NJ I grew up with a inspection sticker that said NJ Drivers the safest State, traveling up and down the Pkwy Tpke and the wonderful rt17 rt4 cloverleaf I thought what are they talking about, Safe, Then I moved down here and it was open season driver vs driver look both ways before you go through a green light, But phones are the worse and like you said there is a law about it. almost time to hit 95 and drive north :( I miss home

Coming from NJ I grew up with a inspection sticker that said NJ Drivers the safest State, traveling up and down the Pkwy Tpke and the wonderful rt17 rt4 cloverleaf I thought what are they talking about, Safe, Then I moved down here and it was open season driver vs driver look both ways before you go through a green light, But phones are the worse and like you said there is a law about it. almost time to hit 95 and drive north :( I miss home

There a whole lot dumb drivers in jersey though...at least in my daily commute. Actually, I'd have to say the worst driving I regularly have to do is probably Route 1 (towards Rutgers). SO many people texting and not paying attention. And then there are the quality drivers with their beat little hondas with the fart cans driving like total morons. It's two lanes, plenty of lights, often crowded...and yet people feel compelled to zig and zag from lane to lane like they're actually going to save time. It's ridiculous

"My ESPNChicago colleague Jesse Rogers believes Patrick Sharp could be in play as well now and he's much more easily moveable... We'll see "

PLEASE LOU!!!!pray.gif

C'mon....the State compensates with infernal heat, not much to do that isn't clubbing, and lower gas prices (even though you spend it just to get like coffee)

It was sickening. Our 2nd baseman and right fielder were roided up in college. And when we played TCNJ, there was no doubt over half of that team was on SOMETHING. With the amount of money and drugs and foreigners in baseball today, it has become impossible for competitive college ball players to shoot for their goals and make the majors.

Didn't Colin used to play ball for TCNJ? He probably has some stories about roided up teammates too.

C'mon....the State compensates with infernal heat, not much to do that isn't clubbing, and lower gas prices (even though you spend it just to get like coffee)

Ok you said it Coffee, Food period, Stone Pony, oh and sleazside Heights, lol j/k but I do miss home but will be moving back to E. Rutherford soon so not all is lost can not wait to see a game in The Rock.

PLEASE LOU!!!!pray.gif

It would be nice. Common Kovy just get it done with so we can all properly move on.

At this point I hope he signs with LA. It's obvious it's his first choice. I'd hate to be the team he settled for. If he does come to us and has to 'settle' then we won't see his best and we'll have to pay though the nose to get it. Sign with LA already and end the drama for us fans. I'll miss you Kovy, but please end our suffering. :)

Scoops

I still think his wife is forcing to sign in LA, so she can be a Victoria Beckham of some sorts... IMO he didn't fit to well with the Devils, and if we keep him is almost certain that some tension btw players vs management is gonna grow.

I Hate to lose a awesome player like kovy, but I think is best the Devils just let him walk...

I still think his wife is forcing to sign in LA,

I already explained how that worked in detail.

yeah, it's worse between West Palm and the airport. too many lanes leads to people driving diagonally. lol. the Miami

drivers are probably worse, but they're corraled. there's no one coming at you from 100 feet outside.

I already explained how that worked in detail.

hahaha I remember no sexy time for him until he signs with the Kings

yeah, it's worse between West Palm and the airport. too many lanes leads to people driving diagonally. lol. the Miami

drivers are probably worse, but they're corraled. there's no one coming at you from 100 feet outside.

Broward County has too much space with the 8-9 lanes it has at some points :lol:

Dade has less room....that becomes lesser due to the mentioned as$holes doing 45 'cause of the phone....or grandma doing 35-40

Oh no doubt outside of LA is a popular choice for Kings players, as from what I hear (and I am ignorant on LA but I have heard) LA is not a good place to raise a family. However, I would assume the education level is a lot higher in the NJ suburbs than the LA suburbs.

It's about time Chelios moved to Florida.

Let me help you here.

LA is not set up as a "mega-urbancity-downtown" with suburbs in the way that NY or say Boston is. It is a collection of cities, areas, and communities that form LA as a whole.

Very few folks LIVE in the CITY (aka where the towers are) other than homeless folks and a few loft-dwellers.

Having said that LA is much more than the snapshot of the ghetto you see in gangsta rap videos.

There is more $$$ here than any community in the US save maybe NY (And the film industry is giving them a run for their money).

Communities that Kovy would be living in like: Malibu, Newport Beach, Beverly hills, Thousand Oaks, Anaheim Hills are amongst the most beautiful in the U.S and are a GREAT place to raise a family. Even if these are out of the average folk price range there are still many that are wonderful places to grow up (including the Valley, Santa Clarita, Orange County, and Ventura County). Make no mistake that the educational strength of LAUnified is a joke, but here most folks send their students to private schools their entire lives - and not just the rich. Kovy's kids would be amongst the most elite students with their choice of schools out here.

While I'm in no one pissing on NJ - because I think its a great place to live - LA is beautiful and has so much more than some of the plastic surgery, Paris Hilton, Gangsta Rap stereotypes that are being served up by some in this thread.

Kovy's family should have no worries either way at this point.

Edited by DevilinLA

This would be nice. Fellow UVM alum too