Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

the saga going on and on? Ek says his source tells him that its not looking good at all that the two sides reach a deal.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

via twitter

@Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) : kovalchuk update..According to source..."I am stunned to say it, but again it is not looking good for a deal with the Kings getting done."

wow a direct quote from an unknown source!

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

the saga going on and on? Ek says his source tells him that its not looking good at all that the two sides reach a deal.

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

hopefully he's right just this once.

Well, In Cali they have the "doctors" right in or next to the "Marijuana marts" ready to write you a perscription. Def the most convienient place to buy. I'm not sure that the ability to buy pot factors in to Kovy's decision though. I would guess he doesn't smoke.

Maybe the delay with the signing is that Kovy keeps saying 'Dave's not here man' every time Lombardi tries to call him.

Joe

hopefully he's right just this once.

There's always the chance that it could be in that 2.3%.

Real_ESPNLeBrun

Via email Kings GM Dean Lombardi declines any comment regarding his meeting today with Kovalchuk camp.

So who wants to hypothesize about what this means?

:huh:

Maybe they flew Kovalchuk out there only to hear him say, "Nyet. I don't think so."

:rofl:

Ask ben00rs....he has quite the imagination.

Agreed. *bows* But what are you referring to?

Anyways, I would say it means the Kings are going to call off talks with Kovy again because his wife is demanding a movie deal and a recording contract along with Kovy's 8 million dollars a year.

Saying Nicole Kovalchuk is a former entertainer is like saying I'm a former sportswriter. The gig she'd most likely get in LA would involve garters and dollar bills.

Sheesh... Nicole ??? (Kovalchuk) was the lead singer in the Russian pop band Mirage prior to marrying Ilya.

Musicians dig their music and have a heart for cool stuff like NAMM in Anaheim each January and of course the Grammys in LA.

The band Mirage, Nicole is the Blonde

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

Per Daren Millard

Kovy meetings with LA mgmt, coaches & players went well. He wants LA. Kings must say yes/ no. How many clubs wish they were in this spot?

Please just say yes and let it be over.

Edited by CADevilsFan

Sheesh... Nicole ??? (Kovalchuk) was the lead singer in the Russian pop band Mirage prior to marrying Ilya.

Musicians dig their music and have a heart for cool stuff like NAMM in Anaheim each January and of course the Grammys in LA.

The band Mirage, Nicole is the Blonde

yeah, and Fedor Fedorov recorded some tracks too. the closest she'd get to the Grammys, again, is a strip club down the block.

yeah, and Fedor Fedorov recorded some tracks too. the closest she'd get to the Grammys, again, is a strip club down the block.

yeah, that was awful.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is saying the Devils have the advantage so expect him to sign with LA soon.

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is saying the Devils have the advantage so expect him to sign with LA soon.

blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) is saying the Devils have the advantage so expect him to sign with LA soon.

Guaranteed he goes to LA because his wife likes it. She will be seduced by the left coast's aura. I am sure they are out west looking at real estate etc.

Santa Monica, notoriety, Malibu sure beats ...West Caldwell, obscurity and LBI. The novveau riche will fall for Calif everytime. The Canadian boys ( ie Scott Stevens, Brodeur, Dano) on the otherhand can see through the trappings and have made a very good life for themselves here in the Garden State.

If Kovy does pick the Devils...he will have me as a fan for life...

just another day waiting for Kovy to sign.

just another day waiting for Kovy to sign.

Yeah no big deal.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/07/11/10/Kings-Will-Meet-with-Ilya-Kovalchuk-on-M/landing.html?blockID=269742&feedID=3707

Even if a deal is reached it likely wouldn't be announced until after Tuesday's Major League Baseball All-Star game in Anaheim.
Center Jarret Stoll also met Kovalchuk, as did defenseman Matt Greene. "It seemed like he cares about being here and hopefully playing for the Kings," Stoll said. "He wants to win, and that's the most important thing for anybody to say and to think."

Per Daren Millard

He also reported on Sunday that the saga is over and that he would announce signing with the Kings on Monday, after World Cup is over. Not sure how credible that guy is.

She looks weird because she had her lips done. The bitches in LA will also say she had bad cheek implants and chin work because of odd dimples and strange puffiness - though I really don't think so - what do I know though? :noclue:

the right side of her face does look swollen but I think that's just her. and of course her eyes look cool yet weird because you can see the white below her iris at all times - like susan Sarrandon but hooded lids make it look weirder. Her body is weird to me -- guys like that though that sort of barrel chested look - no it's not her knockers boys. Weird because to me it send my health alarm bells off - she's a poor genetic package but - fake lips fake tan fake LOTS can dupe testosterone :evil:

If she seriously wants a music career then she would be in NYC. All my friends seemed like just local bands and I turn around and they're on the cover of freaking Rolling Stone... :blink: All of my actor friends went out west - failed because they were too busy fvcking around -- came BACK to NYC and got cast in jobs out there - THEN relocated successfully. You do NOT get the weird drug induced adoration in NYC -- well :unsure: you CAN but - it's just easier to see it for what it is.

fact is -- she wants to day dream. LA you can peripherally be involved in the business get told how hot you are and never actually succeed. Oddly enough my former managers daughter was a famous rock star -- though I'd never heard of her... turns out she was actually Heidi Fleiss's replacement as Hollywood madam. how weird is that???

I hate stupidity and just fvcked up values. It's sad. it's sad because it's built on nothing - it is unsustainable - so it can't be REAL happiness, you know?

BUT -- that is a whole other kettle of fish.

If Kovalchuk goes to LA fine. He's not committed to hockey enough for the Devils. It was all a big line. I suspected as much but I'm so anti-finesse I figured I'd try to buy into this. Plus Manta's blanket lack of trust just annoyed me :uni: If he does have to come here I think people have to assume he IS that committed - not that the team is second fiddle. LA has shown they want him -- they just cant' outweigh his love for hockey. That is something yo've got to respect when you see the HUGE pressure that is being placed on him. If he can't come to terms that IS his decision. He wants to live the dream one way or the other. there is urgency ... because his wife is aging. She cannot wait until he retired to pursue her dreams. How sad is that... her dream is what then? That business just breaks my heart...

It's now time to start giving Langenbrunner some love. The guy is just a little bit lost. I've been bashing him but he needs some help getting on track -- he needs to be reassured he's not really off track just not focused.

He also reported on Sunday that the saga is over and that he would announce signing with the Kings on Monday, after World Cup is over. Not sure how credible that guy is.

and was one of the guys saying the Kings were done like a week ago. Who knows? Maybe he is right this time, but he's being a reporter/entertainer and being definitive about every statement because nobody is paying attention to you if your answer to a sports question is "I dunno, could go either way"

Per Daren Millard

so the twitter message before basically said kovy was a king, now he stating the obvious: "Kovy has to say yes or no." But he isn't exactly a king in that case yet.

so the twitter message before basically said kovy was a king, now he stating the obvious: "Kovy has to say yes or no." But he isn't exactly a king in that case yet.

Actually he says KINGS must say yes / no, even better. It's obvious he's a Kings fan and he wants to see them sign him.

Here's what I think.

Chances of Kovy going to the...

Kings: 75%

Devils: 20%

KHL: 4%

Other: 1%

What do you guys think?

Edited by mrthemike

Kovy meetings with LA mgmt, coaches & players went well. He wants LA. Kings must say yes/ no. How many clubs wish they were in this spot?

None? The Kings have said "NO" twice already, how much more begging can Kovy do for them to sign him.

Here's what I think.

Chances of Kovy going to the...

Kings: 75%

Devils: 20%

What do you guys think?

Kings: 90%

Find New teams

to plead with: 5%