Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

Interesting read.

I am under the impression that Kovy needs a bargaining chip. He needs more than one team interested in him so that he can get what he wants from the team that he really wants to sign with. But he is looking for a knock my socks off offer that just isn’t coming.

Would a player fly to LA for a bargaining chip. An offer can come is via phone or fax. Plus the Kings were already interested when the Devs made an offer, no?

Kings are so desperate to sign Kovy, they invited him to LA to meet with management, some future teammates, and had the wives meet up with his wife to take her out shopping. They were the ones wooing Kovy, not the other way around.

Doesn't this counter the first quote? I think Kovy simply wants to be a King, but Lou possibly has a better offer. So both Kovy and Kings were trying to work face to face to make a contract they are both happy with. I would rather have seen Kovy working with Lou (though he quietly may be). It just seems the Devs are off to business with prospect camp with a good offer sitting for Kovy, while he tries to get a better deal with the team he really wants to play for.

This is getting really deceptive. 8 days ago on Monday when there seemed to be a general consensus that he would sign in NJ by the end of the day my excitement peaked. Then on Thursday when the kings suggested they once again had no interest i felt the same way. Sunday night i accepted that it probably wasn't going to happen when i learned he was flying to LA. I convinced myself it was no big deal and thought of other potential options. Now with all these reports that he didn't like LA i can't help but feel really good again.

so then duh, if he's willing to take a discount to play there, he'd have to friggen love the place. obviously he didn't. so now we're back to square one. this sh!t is never going to be resolved. god damn it.

FWIW, The latest Internet news on Kovalchuk...

So I have to add something with Ilya....All I have heard this morning is more of the same sentiment that the Kings and Ilya are no closer to a deal now, with some really seeing the two as further apart.

"I seriously can't see them getting it done now," one key source said. A source who thought this would get done.

Of course, there appear to be only two options for Ilya...so NJ is again the leader in my opinion, but the Kings are playing this as hard as they can.

Essentially, the Kings and Devils know the Cap has seriously limited Ilya's options, and are playing it that way...neither team is saying, "screw it, we HAVE to have this guy." Meanwhile, Kovalchuk has yet to say, "screw it, I wish it was year 1 or 2, post lockout, but it isn't....I want to live here and this is enough money to make my family happy."

Sooner or later, one side has to give.

Hollywood, I appreciate the effort you make to provide this board with informantion. However, you never post a source for the material your putting on this board, making your posts baseless rumors which aren't really supposed to be thrown around on these boards. Especially as a new poster, you need to back up what you post here - it would be much appreciated

Sorry guys, no new ninja girls today.

But please, feel free to reminisce about your favorite ninja moments.

LL is pretty upset about Steinbrenner, I think Kovie should sign the line to cheer him up.

wow are you serious? thanks. 99.9% of the board couldnt figure that out about this team so glad you were here to share

First of all, learn to type. Second of all, there are plenty of people that think the devils should stick to a defensive style since it's worked thus far.

Aside from being an obviously angry little twat and spouting nonsense what exactly have you added that has been of any value? Oh yea, that's right, nothing.

It's good news for the Devils that there has been zero positive word out of LA after Kovalchuk's royal visit yesterday.

But will this be resolved any time soon?

Ninja Turtles?

turtles-hot-girl-teenage-ninja-1277998973a.jpg

From the looks of it, they could use more "pizza time."

From the looks of it, they could use more "pizza time."

I think that's personal preference. :)

Ninja Turtles?

turtles-hot-girl-teenage-ninja-1277998973a.jpg

It kinda of looks like a mix of TMNT with Jersey shore mixed with wanna be Hollywod blondes...interesting nonetheless.

For some reason, when I look at the one on the left, I can't help but think she is the kind of girl who thinks they are hot sh!t and then gets really drunk and starts crying for some god awful reason and then the frat guys see who draws the small straw to take her back to her dorm or just toss her out the window.

the one on the right looks like tara reid pre-plastic surgery nightmare

change your facebook pic :rofl:

You edited out the part where you called me a "skinny little runt". You scared?

the one on the right looks like tara reid -A mutant ninja turtle

The post fixer strikes again.

Edited by ben00rs

wow this thread is at a record low

i keep imagining kovalchuk visiting LA and acting like woody allen in annie hall, even though that makes absolutely no sense

As for the ninja turtles above, I volunteer to jump on the grenade if I meet up with them and two of my friends

You edited out the part where you called me a "skinny little runt". You scared?

Don't worry about him. You're someone that the board knows as a member, he's someone that the board knows as an obnoxious troll who won't be here in another week.

of u? no you are merely another attraction under the big top

Just go away already.

wow this thread is at a record low

i keep imagining kovalchuk visiting LA and acting like woody allen in annie hall, even though that makes absolutely no sense

There's a "Woody Kovalchuk would chuck wood" joke in there somewhere.

Don't worry about him. You're someone that the board knows as a member, he's someone that the board knows as an obnoxious troll who won't be here in another week.

Yea you're right. It's pretty obvious what kind of person he is. I won't stoop to his level.