Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

There's still work to be done. I'm not happy with that roster right now.

Like what? Every team is capable of being improved, but I would say we look pretty damn good right now....

i hope the 50mil is just bonuses, which i think dont count against the cap

Bonuses do count against the cap (example A, Hedberg's deal which isn't actually for $1.5 million, example B Toews' bonus for winning the Conn Smythe kicking in and further hamstringing the Hawks).

Like what? Every team is capable of being improved, but I would say we look pretty damn good right now....

We still can't move the puck as well as need to from the back end.

yup

Kovy... end to end

Tedenby in the minors then?

May as well trade him instead of the 1st. Considering we now have 3 of the top 15 LWs in the game, it's not like we're going to need a top 6 guy at that position anytime soon.

Possibly. Greene is decent, and supposedly Tallinder is ok? The D should be an interesting group to watch this year....

May as well trade him instead of the 1st. Considering we now have 3 of the top 15 LWs in the game, it's not like we're going to need a top 6 guy at that position anytime soon.

That is of course assuming that no-one on the LW or C gets hurt. Say Elias goes down, or someone at C and Elias is needed to fill in. We need the depth, last season showed that.

convenient that 102 / 17 = 6. That's Elias' cap hit and seemingly a barrier for the team. Makes a statement too regarding where Lou wants to see contracts.

I would not trade him. He has a lot of upside and it would be silly to trade him.

Now trade his ass to the kings for Johnson and Kopitar!!

Lou would be all like "nobody makes lou wait!!! NOBODY!!!!"

This really made me LLOL(extra L for literally)

i demand this thread goes to the hall of fame section :dance:

It will be there before week's end

I would not trade him. He has a lot of upside and it would be silly to trade him.

Ya, there's no reason to just throw away a prospect.

Or you shift him to right wing and keep a developed asset.

Tallinder has an excellent first pass, Greene can move the puck and Urbom moves the puck well.

Or you shift him to right wing and keep a developed asset.

Tallinder has an excellent first pass, Greene can move the puck and Urbom moves the puck well.

i'm trying to think of teams that have two players who consistently play on their off-wing. the devils could potentially have 4 if they kept tedenby.

if Kovy does somehow sign with Devils, it will have nothing to do with what anyone said on any forum or blog. Same thing goes with if he signs with the kings.

But I cannot help but smirk and throw another round into the "Eat yer wirds" cannon everytime someone on this board writes off/badmouths Ilya.

I look forward to them all praising him in the future seasons I hope he chooses to spend in NJ.

koolaid.gif I'm drinkin the Kovy-Aid. koolaid.gif

C'mon! Ilya!

Oh B.S.! He looked at this thread and was all "Epic, I'm home!"

This is excellent we keep him but bad because SD is going to have a "told you so" attitude!

I WELCOME SD WITH OPEN TYPING FINGERS! (that's three fingers btw)

theres gonna be alot of people eating their hats smile.gif

And I saw someone sed they'd eat their jersey, gotta go find that one! smilydev.gif

Elais-Arnott-Kovalchuk is going to be a good line. Arnott is real good down low. With Kovy and Elias' shots there's going to be a great chance for deflections and rebounds.

EAK! .... line! Looks Scarey!!!!

dchesnokov

Kovalchuk's mother tells Pavel Lysenkov of Sovetsky Sport that Kovalchuk's deal with #NJD is for 17 years.

Ilya Mom's the bomb! She's got all the 411 and loose lips!! banana.gif

Woohoo in your face Kovalchuk's wife

I would!

Welcome home Kovy! I just saw this info on TSN and had to come over to celebrate w/ my fellow Devils fans.

I am anxious to see what Lou has up his sleeve in terms of the contract.

Holly

2 Posts! Kovy thread pullin em outta the woodworks!!! Stick around more Holly!!!

Check and Mate.

No, Tver Oblast mate. giggle.gif

K-17 burnbaby.gif

K-17 - Cup maker!

Edited by Masked Fan

This is as exciting as having sex for the first time

No it isn't. Not even close. cool.gif

No, Tver Oblast mate. giggle.gif

Well Done. I didn't have that knowledge on the top of my head.

P.S. Masked Fan should win the Mary-Kate Olsen Award for best "bulimic" poster. All his posts nowadays are of the "binge and purge" nature. Just sayin... :whistling:

Edited by ben00rs

This is as exciting as having sex for the first time

Eh... I think it's better than having sex for the first time.... Doin it for the first time is bloody... and painful for some involved... and... not as fun as it should be...

@Russostrib Star Trib source on Kovalchuk contract: Goes 6, 6, 5 years of 11.5, 10.5, 8.5, 6.5, 3.5, then 750, 550, 550, 550, 550, 550. AAV: 6 mill

Eh... I think it's better than having sex for the first time.... Doin it for the first time is bloody... and painful for some involved... and... not as fun as it should be...

dont forget the two pumps that you get out of it.......im going to enjoy this for 17 yrs....so in fact you are right this is better haha