Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

but what about the hyphenator?

Holy crap! Best nickname for him ever!

Holy crap! Best nickname for him ever!

that's not mine - andrew peters came up with that.

Hey I lost a post I was going to quote here...

(how'd I do for useless space take post, eh? eh???? :uni: )

All guests log in - register and just say hello why dont you all?

but seriously -- I would like to know how many different posters took part in this thread -- not us psycho blabber mouths..

Hey, speaking of which, too bad Derek didn't post here... back in the day he couldnt have left this alone!

:blahblah: Even "I" posted for a change hehe So this MUST be a big deal :cheers:

No doubt his greatest accomplishment as a Devil.

andrew peters is actually known as an awesome teammate and great locker room guy. too bad he doesn't belong any where near an NHL locker room.

I think Kovy genuinly wanted to be here. After watching the press conference he seemed comfortable. He was cracking jokes and looking over at the players laughing. I understand his point of taking his time it was a 17 year deal. He had to be 100 percent sure that he wanted to be comitted to a team that long. So on the 17th day of july number 17 chose a 17 year contract to wear number 17 for the next 17 years

Edited by lilgriffey84

...right. Looks like I'll have to actually pay attention to the internets tonight in addition to watching Rescue Me at 10. Bah.

...What?

Edit: $10 says it's not legit. Or, they 'rejected' it, but Lou has this settled before anyone wakes up tomorrow. It'd be a joke for the NHL to not step in somehow..but so help me god, if they actually mess this up...

Edited by Devsfan118

...right. Looks like I'll have to actually pay attention to the internets tonight in addition to watching Rescue Me at 10. Bah.

Seriously. I'm tryin' to watch White Collar and my Twitter feed is exploding with people laughing at the Devils now.

I fully expect the Devils to take the NHL to arbitration/court over this.. and win.

You can't veto a contract ex post facto based on a rule that has.. yet to be created.

uh... they better go after hossa and pronger and all those guys too then.

seriously, if this is true, this is the biggest crock of bull$hit

First we had the "Brodeur Rule" and now we have the "Kovy Rule".

Bettman hates us

Hossa deal is the very same thing...Lou will win in court and the NHL will look stupid.

wow this sucks, i hope this doesn't affect too much. Anyone have any insight as to what this could mean as far as him being a devil? Would they just restructure it or is it possible that he sign elsewhere now?

edit: Per TG "TGfireandice

I can confirm, via a source, that Kovalchuk contract has been rejected

less than a minute ago via web"

Edited by goalieguy87