Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

If the NHL and Bettman want to be a bunch of hypocritical punks then in the immortal words of The Bad News Bears' Tanner Boyle they can, "take their trophy and shove it up their ass."

Page 316: For Lou so loved the team, he gave his only cap, so that whoever believes in him will not perish, but eventually go through a lengthy arbitration process. Amen.

noticed the "Kovy is back" screen was taken off the devils site. it just goes right to the main page now...

To hell with the NHL, the Devils are gonna start their own hockey league! With blackjack! And hookers!

To hell with the NHL, the Devils are gonna start their own hockey league! With blackjack! And hookers!

And call it the XHL!!!! X of course is for XTREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact forget Hockey!

Wildcard Bitches!!!!!!!!

In fact forget Hockey!

ehhh, screw the whole thing! haha. gotta love Bender Bending Rodriguez!

I just joined the FVCK GARY BETTMAN!!!!!! group on facebook, only 125 members but i guess it's because it's either a new group or just one of those under the radar ones. doesn't look like it's all devils fans pissed at him either...

ahhhh, 3 years ago today when I joined this board I never thought i would be so involved in a 300+ page thread about a thrifty Russian sniper.

Big Lou is just having a bad day.

He got a ham and cheese sandwich in his lunch again and they forgot the fancy mustard. He loves that fancy mustard. You could put that mustard on a shoe and he bets it would taste pretty good. But his day is lloking up cause he got a Hostess cupcake. He likes to peel the chocolate frosting off the top and save it for later. it's like a desert desert. Whoa!Whoa!Whoa!

But no third jersies damnit!

Per Twitter, no comment from Vanderbeek or Grossman. Hopefully a revised deal is being put together and this thing is finally put to bed.

In fact forget Hockey!

Convert to the KHL, I did!! :cheers:

ahhhh, 3 years ago today when I joined this board I never thought i would be so involved in a 300+ page thread about a thrifty Russian sniper.

Happy Board Birthday RWTD! :cheers:

The Fan reported that Kovalchuk is seeking a deal in another league outside the NHL.

Man they are stupid aren't they?

The Fan reported that Kovalchuk is seeking a deal in another league outside the NHL.

Man they are stupid aren't they?

The Fan in NYC, or the one in Toronto?

maybe we can get vince mcmahon to be our commish

If anyone can get this done it's Lou Lams. Everytime I hear his ad for that Mercedes dealership on the Fan I feel compelled to buy a car from them and I live in New Mexico

The Fan in NYC, or the one in Toronto?

Probably in Toronto... WFAN hardly mentions the Devils in any of their sports shows except when they publicize their game live

Edited by grcenter47

Kovy's floating around as a Current TRENDING topic on Yahoo. Amusing... haha

In other news, I laughed so loud at this thread the people in the office looked at me weird.

maybe we can get vince mcmahon to be our commish

He would most likely do the following then:

Make pads smaller to increase goal scoring

Eliminate instigator penalty

allow bench-clearing brawls

Helmets are optional

Even sluttier cheerleaders

Force goalies to only wear those old masks like Ken Dryden wore, and band full goalie helmets.

Interaction with fans will not result in a fine or suspension.

This sounds like NHL circa 1975. We might be on to something here........

He would most likely do the following then:

Make pads smaller to increase goal scoring

Eliminate instigator penalty

allow bench-clearing brawls

Helmets are optional

Even sluttier cheerleaders

Force goalies to only wear those old masks like Ken Dryden wore, and band full goalie helmets.

Interaction with fans will not result in a fine or suspension.

This sounds like NHL circa 1975. We might be on to something here........

In that case every player has to have big mustaches and sideburns.

so by wanting to eliminate "retirement contracts", the league wants to outlaw franchise players. So they want to make it illegal to lock up a player for his career and force us to have to give up a Kovalchuk in the future if someone tries to lure him away with more money/accommodations, when his contract is up for renewal? If a team places that much value on someone that they want to lock him up and nullify any chance he may be gone to free agency in the future, why is that such a big deal? I guess now the hypocritical NHL is against dynasties like the Islanders of the early 80s or Canadiens, or teams like that. It's the "everyone plays fair, no one has an advantage" rule. :rolleyes:

One word: Parity. It's tough to achieve it if the NHL lets teams lock up all their talent long-term without letting the teams that draft and trade poorly have a crack at 'em too.