New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

He would most likely do the following then:

Make pads smaller to increase goal scoring

Eliminate instigator penalty

allow bench-clearing brawls

Helmets are optional

Even sluttier cheerleaders

Force goalies to only wear those old masks like Ken Dryden wore, and band full goalie helmets.

Interaction with fans will not result in a fine or suspension.

This sounds like NHL circa 1975. We might be on to something here........

the wwe can then be involved and provide wrestler appearances. i wouldnt mind seeing stone cold steve austin giving the stunner to crosby

It was actually 660 AM in NYC.

was it on their newsflash that they have? i just put it on and the Mink didnt mention it

Dude! I've been looking at other sites and comments. I can't believe the amount of bitshing about the contract went on from non-Devils hockey fans. I wondered if the NHL was pressured a bit by the perceived blowback.

Kovy's floating around as a Current TRENDING topic on Yahoo. Amusing... haha

He has now "made it" in my book. Seriously.

the wwe can then be involved and provide wrestler appearances. i wouldnt mind seeing stone cold steve austin giving the stunner to crosby

Also have the team named after the area stereotype. NJ could be called the Mobsters, with their uniforms red white and green like the italian flag and play in the swamps of the meadowlands where the mob has buried possibly hundreds and........oh wait........

Also have the team named after the area stereotype. NJ could be called the Mobsters, with their uniforms red white and green like the italian flag and play in the swamps of the meadowlands where the mob has buried possibly hundreds and........oh wait........

we can have lou lamoriello come out in a ric flair robe :whistling:

I've never heard err READ so much Devil bashing on Twitter ... ever. I hate you NHL :horse:

At any rate, looks like this thread WILL reach 400+ (today?) :cheers:

i do think this anti-bettman talk is hilarious in light of the summer of 2006. some of you have amazingly short memories.

i do think this anti-bettman talk is hilarious in light of the summer of 2006. some of you have amazingly short memories.

Or are too young to remember...

Man...shame I'm missing out on gary bashing today. Sadly...finals take priority :noclue:

i think the first NJ insult came when they forced us to compensate the Rangers for "taking away from their fanbase" did they do that with the Islanders too when they started? So the league was biased from day 1

People just plain don't give the Devils any respect. But what do you expect. Most folks consider Jersey just a rest stop when they travel from PA to NY or vice versa. My Grandmother used to call Jersey "New York's Garbage Dump." I guess that's one of the resons why I killed her. :unsure:

ehhh, screw the whole thing! haha. gotta love Bender Bending Rodriguez!

I just joined the FVCK GARY BETTMAN!!!!!! group on facebook, only 125 members but i guess it's because it's either a new group or just one of those under the radar ones. doesn't look like it's all devils fans pissed at him either...

I will be joining ASAP

ha, Staten Island (and a lot of Manhattan) was built on artificial landfill, and they call us a dump...

Unfortunately, outside of the bettman bashing taking place in Devil forums, everyone else is bashing the Devils. Its just horrible being in limbo right now. I just hope this reaches a resolution sooner rather than later.

Instead of reading stupid rumors on where Kovy will sign, we're going to be reading how much everyone hates the Devils until a resolution is reached. Depending on the resolution, we might still hear a lot of people voicing their displeasure with the Devils, but it won't matter to us if we still get Kovy with a low cap hit. But I'm fearing the worst situation, in which Kovy decides to sign elsewhere in the end, and the Devil's organization will be laughed at for some time. I really can't believe the Devils are in the middle of something like this. This is so not LOU.

And call it the XHL!!!! X of course is for XTREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got this odd mix of Vince McMahon ("THIS IS THE XFL!!!!!") and Duff Goldman in my head.

One word: Parity. It's tough to achieve it if the NHL lets teams lock up all their talent long-term without letting the teams that draft and trade poorly have a crack at 'em too.

L2DraftandTrade?

I mean honestly, if the argument against long-term deals is that "Well, we want other people to have a shot at them as well," then you need a GM that understands your business a bit better. I know we've been spoiled because we've had a really good GM for a long time, but the answer is to get better or get new GM's, not dumb it down for everyone else.

burnside's agenda is to make the devils look bad.

his article does that because it makes lou look like he was trying to swindle kovalchuk. now, hopefully kovalchuk doesn't think that.

L2DraftandTrade?

I mean honestly, if the argument against long-term deals is that "Well, we want other people to have a shot at them as well," then you need a GM that understands your business a bit better. I know we've been spoiled because we've had a really good GM for a long time, but the answer is to get better or get new GM's, not dumb it down for everyone else.

exactly, why should we have to lower our standards and play on the level of an expansion team? The idea is "whatever it takes to win" that should be the motto of every pro sports team not "let's make sure we give everyone a shot". that's an example of when equality = boring.

So some questions:

1. What is Kovalchuk's official status now? He's devils property until when?

2. Can he just sign with the KHL without any repercussions whenever he wishes?

burnside's agenda is to make the devils look bad.

his article does that because it makes lou look like he was trying to swindle kovalchuk. now, hopefully kovalchuk doesn't think that.

From the article

"Either way, the charade of Tuesday's news conference was distasteful."

What a load of sh!t. How is it distasteful either way? Such crap.

Unfortunately, outside of the bettman bashing taking place in Devil forums, everyone else is bashing the Devils. Its just horrible being in limbo right now. I just hope this reaches a resolution sooner rather than later.

Instead of reading stupid rumors on where Kovy will sign, we're going to be reading how much everyone hates the Devils until a resolution is reached. Depending on the resolution, we might still hear a lot of people voicing their displeasure with the Devils, but it won't matter to us if we still get Kovy with a low cap hit. But I'm fearing the worst situation, in which Kovy decides to sign elsewhere in the end, and the Devil's organization will be laughed at for some time. I really can't believe the Devils are in the middle of something like this. This is so not LOU.

Lou does not like to lose anything, I would bet there is no way he is losing Kovy, not at this point!