Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

Dreger reports NHLPA files grievance.

beat me to it. Oh well here we go...

DarrenDreger

NHLPA just filed grievance on Kovalchuk contract rejection.

I know everyone is saying months, but I really hope we can speed up this process somehow and have resolution within 2 weeks.

over under on a month before they agree on an arbitrator?

Hopefully picking the arbitrator will go pretty quickly. It shouldn't take that long, but who knows.

SB Nation just posted

wow, only like 10 mins after the tweet, everyone's coming out of the woodwork with the story. quick google search saw nbc sports had a story, espn, tsn. it's big news

Edited by Legion15

Hey you guys!! DarrenDreg... :unsure:

nevermind :evil:

CMON PK WHAT DID HE SAY!? WHAT DID DARREN DREGER SAY!?!?!

i take the over on a month for this to resolve.

Might as well get comfortable :e-drama:

Grieve this NHL!

So now to picking an arbitrator.

I guess each side submits names & then the other side gets to object to some of them, and finally they whittle the lists down to the person neither side objects to too much ?

Edited by BlueSkirt

Hey you guys!! DarrenDreg... unsure.gif

nevermind smilydev.gif

Ah, that's awesome :) I lol'd

Grieve this NHL!

So now to picking an arbitrator.

I guess each side submits names & then the other side gets to object to some of them, and finally they whittle it down to the person neither side objects too too much ?

That's how a typical arbitration would work. What makes this interesting, however, is that there's no third party in place (which ordinarily would be the American Arbitration Association) that administers the selection of the arbitrator. Still, I'll take the under on what Tri proposed. I think we'll know no later by the end of next week.

i take the over on a month for this to resolve.

That's how a typical arbitration would work. What makes this interesting, however, is that there's no third party in place (which ordinarily would be the American Arbitration Association) that administers the selection of the arbitrator. Still, I'll take the under on what Tri proposed. I think we'll know no later by the end of next week.

I'm going under on a month for resolve but i don't think they'll have the arbitrator this week. i'll say next week.

I'm going under on a month for resolve but i don't think they'll have the arbitrator this week. i'll say next week.

i'd be rather surprised if they came up with a name they could settle on in 2 weeks. i said the NHL has incentive at getting this cleaned up, but what if they don't? what if they think that the longer this goes on, the less money kovalchuk can actually get once it does get resolved?

Maybe I'm optimistic, but I think an arbitrator will be picked this week, and a final judgment ruled by early next week (Monday or Tuesday). Bettman will have enormous pressure on him from the NHLPA, Devils, media, etc to accept an arbitrator quickly.

NHL's pick for arbitrator released: Don Koharski, Mark Messier, Adam Graves, Henrik Lundquist's Boyfriend, Sean Avery's Tranny Boyfriend, Harry Howell.

i'd be rather surprised if they came up with a name they could settle on in 2 weeks. i said the NHL has incentive at getting this cleaned up, but what if they don't? what if they think that the longer this goes on, the less money kovalchuk can actually get once it does get resolved?

NHL certainly has a lot of credibility to lose before the arbitrator if it's obvious they're dragging their feet. If worst comes to worst, the NHLPA could go to court to force the NHL to fish or cut bait by a firm deadline, or, if it really wanted to be bold, request that the court to rule the contract is valid as a remedy for the NHL's failure to arbitrate.

Puck Daddy says each side is submitting a list of three arbitrators. Not clear on how the aribtrator is eventually chosen from the list.