Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

I'm trying to make you understand that while a judge in a legal court of law also makes interpretations, on the whole, judges are pretty predictable in their judgments because they are following a written set of guidelines. Same thing with the arbitrator.

lol.

TGfireandice: Source: a system arbitrator has been agreed upon and a day/site for the Kovalchuk arbitration has been set. Don't know either, yet.

Here we go.

And so it begins....

TG:

The objective remains that the case will be settled by the end of next week. So, you can guess that the hearing will be Monday/Tuesday
Edited by mmajeski06

I'm trying to make you understand that while a judge in a legal court of law also makes interpretations, on the whole, judges are pretty predictable in their judgments because they are following a written set of guidelines. Same thing with the arbitrator.

After studying law for 3 years, I cannot disagree with you more about this. I've worked in several DA offices and there are always judges that will blatantly make up their own law. Yes there are rules and guidelines but no they aren't always followed. That's why we have appellate courts.

More on point. TG's Twitter

The hearing will likely be held over two days.

After studying law for 3 years, I cannot disagree with you more about this. I've worked in several DA offices and there are always judges that will blatantly make up their own law. Yes there are rules and guidelines but no they aren't always followed. That's why we have appellate courts.

That's why I said judges are open to "interpretation" and "on the whole" most, but not all, will more or less follow the guidelines set forth by written laws. I didn't make any absolutes. For someone who studies law, you don't read too well.

Edited by Amberite

Everyone here thinks they're a lawyer, but the same goes for pretty much every single person in America.

I got my degree out of a claw crane machine. Nothing wrong with it. I really wanted the lobster harmonica, though.

I got my degree out of a claw crane machine. Nothing wrong with it. I really wanted the lobster harmonica, though.

:clap2:

It bugs me that an announcement's probably gonna come down while I'm on the road in middle-of-fvckin-nowhere, Pennsylvania.

That's why I said judges are open to "interpretation" and "on the whole" most, but not all, will more or less follow the guidelines set forth by written laws. I didn't make any absolutes. For someone who studies law, you don't read too well.

And for someone on a friendly board, you're kind of a jerk. The way in which you phrase it made it sound like judges as a whole are predictable. I do not agree based on the court rooms that I have been in and the cases I have read. While I used an extreme example to highlight my point, not to attack the credibility of you or your post. I disagreed with what I read to be your overly broad statement. No need to be testy.

And for someone on a friendly board, you're kind of a jerk. The way in which you phrase it made it sound like judges as a whole are predictable. I do not agree based on the court rooms that I have been in and the cases I have read. While I used an extreme example to highlight my point, not to attack the credibility of you or your post. I disagreed with what I read to be your overly broad statement. No need to be testy.

Order!!! Order!!!

:clap2:

It bugs me that an announcement's probably gonna come down while I'm on the road in middle-of-fvckin-nowhere, Pennsylvania.

That's where I was when Kovy made his decision.

Judges as a whole ARE predictable. Lawyers can usually tell their clients ahead of time what to expect before judgment is handed down. The only part that is unpredictable is how many penalties under the law the judge will choose to exercise. Also, there are many types of law (divorce law, etc) where the judge has much more leeway and discretion in how he chooses to act, and these are basically unpredictable by design.

As you said, there are certainly cases where a judge's decision will come out of left field, and I'm not surprised you're reading about them because a lot of these cases are focused on in law schools. However, these are definitely not the norm and I still maintain my stance that on the whole, judges are fairly predictable and follow the written law. And there is no reason to believe that an arbitrator will be any different when he handles this case.

Edited by Amberite

Board arbitrator?

I wish. Too many people here dislike me.

clap.gif

On the bright side, some of those Amish hotties show a LOT of ankle :)

Order!!! Order!!!

Ham and Swiss on rye, please, with a pickle on the side.

On the bright side, some of those Amish hotties show a LOT of ankle :)

Are you suggesting they raise more than just barns?

$5.95

mmmm wait you forgot Mustard, now I need a beer to wash it down!!!!

they say decision is made in 48 hours wonder if that means sunday we will know... or are these "business days" where we will find out tuesday?

hmm...

hope the arbitrator is not a closet blue skirt fan

they say decision is made in 48 hours wonder if that means sunday we will know... or are these "business days" where we will find out tuesday?

hmm...

hope the arbitrator is not a closet blue skirt fan

48 hours from the time the hearing ends. They are looking to hold the hearing on Monday / Tuesday, so expect a decision most likely by Thursday.

those barns are wood, right? ;)

:lol:

Hey wait. The Amish play ice hockey don't they?

beardathon.jpg?w=450&h=247