Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

No offense Big Ben, but I wasn't comparing Kovy to Dustin Brown. I was saying that Dustin Brown, Kopitar and Doughty were just as good a Parise. The poster claimed the Kings did not have any talent comparable. While Brown doesn't have the point production of Zach, he has the tenacity and leadership of what you want in a hockey player.

Some novices only pay attention to regular season individual point rather than impact to the team.

I understand that. The point I was making was that to me Parise is in the same class as Kovy. Granted, Kovy is at the top of the class and Parise is more towards the bottom. But they are both grade A players.

Its debatable as to whether Kopitar is in that class. However, as I said before you are right about the Kings having comparable talent. Doughty is indeed a grade A player and a perennial Norris candidate.

But, maybe the poster was saying they had no offensive talent comparable. While I don't agree because I see Kopitar as being just as good as Parise, I can see the argument there.

Edited by ben00rs

# Real_ESPNLeBrun

Asked Lamoriello if he was still in it, he replied again, ``There's nothing new, that's all I'm going to say."

Lou is starting to take the "no comment" approach again. Maybe he really IS close to resigning Kovy.

Edited by Amberite

Lou is starting to take the "no comment" approach again. Maybe he really IS close to resigning Kovy.

In Lou-speak, this is good news.

Or maybe he just means, "There's nothing new."

:unsure: argh... can he just sign somewhere now... i cant take it anymore its been the 2 longest day of my life i think lol

Lou Per Chere

"It's been quiet," Lamoriello said. "I don't anticipate anything today."

I don't see it happening unless we dump a certain big ass 35+ contract. But even then, if what his rumored asking price (10 years 10 mil per) I wouldn't want him at that. That'd hamstring this team for years.

Lou Per Chere

I don't see it happening unless we dump a certain big ass 35+ contract. But even then, if what his rumored asking price (10 years 10 mil per) I wouldn't want him at that. That'd hamstring this team for years.

10 years at 10 mill per is exactly why no one has snatched him yet. He's going in waaaay too high and teams are probably saying "LOL yea right".

"I think there are some potential things we'd like to do," Lamoriello said. "We've made some already. We won't rush anything. We won't do it just for the sake of doing it. We want to make the team better.

It sounds like Lou's euphoria from yesterday is wearing off. He's back to his "no comment" and "status quo" comments, and backing off of the "more changes are definitely coming" comments from yesterday.

What??? :blink: Do you follow what you type at all, or not quite? Cuz i dont think people understand your logic much of the time.

Dude. Monty Python... c'mon, man!

It sounds like Lou's euphoria from yesterday is wearing off. He's back to his "no comment" and "status quo" comments, and backing off of the "more changes are definitely coming" comments from yesterday.

He has 9 months or so. The only question is whether he follows it up in the 9 months. :lol: There's no reason to do something stupid today for the sake of doing it. And other opportunities might open up. They need a more offensive-oriented defenseman to fill things out, but there's plenty of time.

Dude. Monty Python... c'mon, man!

Yes, i got it. Just because he made a cute referrence doesnt mean his logic made any more sense.

Real_ESPNLeBrun just said on twitter Just got off phone with Lou Lamoriello. Asked him for an update on Kovalchuk. ``There's nothing new," said the Devils GM.

then he said Asked Lamoriello if he was still in it, he replied again, ``There's nothing new, that's all I'm going to say."

http://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun

series of TG tweets:

Just got off the phone with Lamoriello. He does not anticipate anything happening today with Kovalchuk.

Lamoriello: "I don't know of anything that's going to happen today."

As far as whether the Devils are still pursuing Kovalchuk: "Nothing has changed. Everything is status quo."

So the Devils are still in it? "I'm not going to get into in it or out of it. I don't even know what that means," Lamoriello said.

Edited by nyrsuck26

"I'm not going to get into in it or out of it. I don't even know what that means," Lamoriello said.

Lou rules! :lol:

Yes, i got it. Just because he made a cute referrence doesnt mean his logic made any more sense.

I mean, he was right... Kopitar, Brown, and Doughty are all big talent players. The Kings are gonna be a good team next year, with or without Kovy.

I don't know if this was posted here before, but at Darryl Sutter's press conference he said that Kovy has "placed demands putting him out of reach of at least 30 NHL teams".

I don't know if this was posted here before, but at Darryl Sutter's press conference he said that Kovy has "placed demands putting him out of reach of at least 30 NHL teams".

good to see Darryl got some use out of that podium. there should just be an organized walkaway on him. Kovy, not Darryl, the people with the torches and pitchforks will get him soon enough.

sign kovy for 8.2 mil a year puts us at roughly 4 over the cap trade rolston problem solved :giggle:

sign kovy for 8.2 mil a year puts us at roughly 4 over the cap trade rolston problem solved :giggle:

He's looking for a max deal, or something big enough that he doesn't look like an ass for turning down what Atlanta supposedly was.

Looking more and more like I'll be wrong in saying there's no way he's going to the KHL.

puts you 4 over w/o a full roster. we'd be left 1M under the cap with 18 players on the roster. 2 of which are goalies.

so, unless you plan on going with 10 and 6 every night, that doesn't solve anything.

he's not worth it, everyone should tell him to fvck off and take the money in St. Petersburg.

i was throwing sarcasm out there sorry if u guys didnt catch it no way we find takers for rolston either

kovie is a devil on tuesday i think.

i hope so....he says its all about winning why place your demands high knowing no one can afford you? he should take whatever were offering and have a chance at winning a cup