Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

One problem, we haven't hit 40 pages yet.

Almost

BUT... Thats not right now. the only thing that matters is the # now.

if you have an actual plan, it matters. they should be gunning to get near the cap before making the signing. yes, I agree, if it's like pulling teeth, you give up and deal with it later. but when the key cogs in this situation have clauses, you better be damn sure you can get one of them to lift before you go forward.

lest you have to trade two players without clauses to make up for it. pick two players without clauses to move instead of Rolston or Elias if neither lifted.

pretty ugly, 'eh?

I still like the one from when we traded for Kovie better because it all started from Potvin just throwing out the "oh yeah and kovalchuk to the Devils" as they were signing off on XM one day. Rediculousness

Ah, Kovalchuk. I hope you sign in the KHL because all you are after is money. The Devils could do better than to sign him to any contract. Sure he can score 40 goals, but the post-season is a different story.

One problem, we haven't hit 40 pages yet.

I rounded, So sue me. :P

Good to see I didn't legitimately miss anything in the last 7 hours I was away.

Although SD's rant looks a bit ill-timed right now. Oh well.

The more things change...

Rolston, Salvador and a1st (stinks) to NYI for

Brendan Witt. Dump Witt in Albany.

And scene.

Rolston, Salvador and a1st (stinks) to NYI for

Brendan Witt. Dump Witt in Albany.

And scene.

The funny thing is that if we signed Kovalchuk, the Islanders would need Rolston and Salvador's salary almost as much as we need to dump it. They need to get over the cap floor and convincing high priced free agents to sign on the Island is not easy.

(Sarcasm) This just in, according to SD's bio,

"Ilya Kovalchuck to New Jersey. Long term deal 7-years $60M."

Get excited, fellas.

Get excited, fellas.

If he jinxed this...

Ah, Kovalchuk. I hope you sign in the KHL because all you are after is money. The Devils could do better than to sign him to any contract. Sure he can score 40 goals, but the post-season is a different story.

yea really, its obvious he doesnt really JUST want to play here, its becoming clear its all about the money! take the pay cut Kovy win a few playoff rounds and then cash in!

If he jinxed this...

He probably did since everything he says the opposite actually happens.

I can't say i watched every playoff game but the first two playoff games I thought Kovalchuk was the only one who cared. Parise and Zajac did squat.

Get excited, fellas.

If he jinxed this...

He probably did since everything he says the opposite actually happens.

lol

What's up? The lawn is mowed. Edged too but not blown.

I hear someone predicted yesterday you would do this after comfirming with unnamed sources close to you

Isles need money and we have arguably better players for the list of crappy contracts.

Well at least if he goes to the Isles he won't be able to do much damage.

I love this thread and have read every post. I just got back from the Seaside boardwalk to pick it up where I left off (page 35?). Enjoying my vacation!

I love this thread and have read every post. I just got back from the Seaside boardwalk to pick it up where I left off (page 35?). Enjoying my vacation!

that's where I was on July 1st. I also had the worst internet on earth and could only check the boards once before the 3rd to see if anything happened.

fvck you Kovy,waited all day,didn't even sleep to finally get a tweet saying that he narrowed his choices.Why say that you are going to take a decision then??? :angry:

that's where I was on July 1st. I also had the worst internet on earth and could only check the boards once before the 3rd to see if anything happened.

Luckily, things are up to speed in this condo complex in Seaside Park. A great beach day, raw clams, Maruca's pizza and free agent madness. A great day.

fvck you Kovy,waited all day,didn't even sleep to finally get a tweet saying that he narrowed his choices.Why say that you are going to take a decision then??? :angry:

Technically, his agent said Kovy was "looking to make a decision on his future today."

So, he never said he definitely was going to make a decision. And he certainly never said his decision would be made public.

Damn the fine print, even on the 140-character-limit Twitter.

Pretty credible source from HF has the deal for 7 years @ 8.8 per. Holy fizzle is that steep if true. I would never have thought we would go anywhere near a figure like that.

in case anyone missed it, Strang said the Isles are out and so are the Kings. So who's left? Russia?