New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Kings can't actually go after him...can they? They already said they didn't want to spend that much and now wasted $3 mil on Ponikarovsky. So he'll stay with us...I desperately hope. If not, at least we'll have suspects for Bettman's muder

Except that the Kings lost out on several other choices they had after we signed Kovy, so they are now desperate and their fans are calling for blood.

Everybody promise to boo the hell outta Bettman. If you look at the situation realistically, they can't really punish the team for this, and it didn't say anything about punishment so there's NO WORRIES. Chances are that no one wants or can get Kovalchuk. The only thing to worry about is him going to Russia, and even if he does goto Russia, fvck him? Leaves us plenty of money to re-sign Parise, the real future of the Devils.

So wouldn't it be a good idea to submit a contract for league approval before kovy signs it to avoid this bs should it happen again, or can they not do that until its signed? Would make sense to just resubmit drafts until the league approves one and have kovy already agree to the highest payout the league allows...

meh. this puts an upper bound on these kinds of deals. what kind of nonsense deal was jeff carter going to get? not upset at the decision (although the NHLPA flunkies must've done quite a bad job), just hope that lou has an acceptable plan B here.

this is made all the more rediculous now because Kovalchuk also left to go back to Russia (per TG) at the conclusion of the hearing and so they have to do the renegotiating across the pond by phone. I really hope, as a lot of people here seem to, that Lou has another already signed contract ready to go in his desk and he is just going to wait a few more days to make it seem like it was just recently worked out and not a pre-made plan B because they knew how illegitimate the first contract was.

Except that the Kings lost out on several other choices they had after we signed Kovy, so they are now desperate and their fans are calling for blood.

the fact of the matter is their reasons are still valid for not signing Kovy in the first place. They already signed their LW and their not just going to do something for the 10 LA Kings fans out there. They only offered $85 mil and now would have to go up around $100. There's no way they'd be able to pay Doughty, Johnson, Quick and whoever else.

I honestly think that if we do end up signing Kovy and then winning the cup, Bettman better come with some protection when he steps on the ice. I'm pretty sure some people will be throwing throwing things at him.

I was just thinking that

this is made all the more rediculous now because Kovalchuk also left to go back to Russia (per TG) at the conclusion of the hearing and so they have to do the renegotiating across the pond by phone. I really hope, as a lot of people here seem to, that Lou has another already signed contract ready to go in his desk and he is just going to wait a few more days to make it seem like it was just recently worked out and not a pre-made plan B because they knew how illegitimate the first contract was.

Yeah, that seems to be the most predictable thing to happen now. At least that seems like what should happen.