Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

FWIW, here's (N)Єverson's story today:

The Ilya Kovalchuk watch resumes today after the left wing's agent said last night Kovalchuk had "narrowed down" his choices, with "details yet to be finalized."

The Devils appeared to have the inside track on signing the free agent to what one source suggested will be a seven-year, $60 million package.

The Devils have about $6 million in cap space available, counting 16 certain roster players. Aside from Kovalchuk, they also would have to fill six other roster slots, probably for a total of $4 million, leaving some $2 million for Kovalchuk. They can exceed the $59.4 million cap by $5.94 million until the regular season begins, at which time they must comply.

I hope I'm wrong, I just think the longer this goes, the lower the chances we sign him. (btw, up to 118 users)

That's what I feared because Lou, in the last few years, has seemed like the guy to say "this is my offer, accept it or we're done talking." Obviously I have no real way of knowing this and would happily be wrong, but I'm getting nervous. However, there's still a bit of optimism since NJ is still being mentioned as a possible destination for Kovy.

I'm not as thrilled with Lou's comments as everyone else. I think he is very disrespectful to people such as TG who is just trying to do his job. Lou just isn't interested in what his image is or letting the fans and media know that he's TRYING.

:rolleyes:

DON"T WORRY ABOUT MY CAP

I AM THE LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

judge-dredd.jpg

Dredd FTW!

Edited by ben00rs

It's now being reporting that the Islanders are now the front runners at $10 million per season:

Banhammer.

ban.gif

Why do Canadians think Parise is suddenly available?! lol Jeff Finger and a 2nd rd pick for Zach Parise anyone? Afterall, with Kovalchuk signing theres NO WAY they can keep Parise. :rolleyes:

"Don’t worry about my cap.”

Priceless

Haha yeah

Ilya's never gonna give us up / let us down / run around and desert us / make us cry / say goodbye / tell a lie and hurt us?

Good spin!!!

I was all like

huh.gif

then I was all like

rant2.gif

but then I was all like

rofl.gif

That was the intent.

this thread is such a clusterfvck lulz.

i love it. well played, kovalchuk.

Edited by RD

This is causing me pain. I don't even know if I want this guy on my team.

Feel the same.

ban.gif

This is too many different kinds of awesome to count!

Gosh, if ONLY the Devils had been his first choice.

ban.gif

Never gonna give you up......never gonna let you down...

Never gonna give you up......never gonna let you down...

Damn! That song gets stuck in my head far too easily!

Random update. No reporters have heard anything (duh). Grossman and Lou have been silent.

There are people on HF now saying they have different sources that Kovy is going to sign today NOT with the Devils. Who knows if that means anything..

Random update. No reporters have heard anything (duh). Grossman and Lou have been silent.

There are people on HF now saying they have different sources that Kovy is going to sign today NOT with the Devils. Who knows if that means anything..

Ya know, if the Devils and Kovalchuk have agreed in principle to a deal but are waiting for a trade to clear cap space before putting pen on paper, what's to stop some other team from swooping in and inking him? Wouldn't surprise me. But even the KHL wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Reports of the report that reported the report that was reported yesterday?

I've decided that he's gonna be re-named Status Quovalchuk for the time being.

Random update: No Update

Baseless rumor, baseless rumor, baseless rumor, baseless rumor

Fixed.

Link? I always enjoy reading the "friend of a friend's brother's sister-in-law's mother's grandmother's father's great grandson's dog's owner's friend..." source of a rumor.