Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

Can't fvckin believe this is still going on. In July, page 500 seemed like a sick joke...but here we are. It's 3:30 in the morning, I'm drunk, and this clusterfvck is still going on.

I think they will have to go through arbitration again, becuase clearly the league will NOT ALLOW any other contract to be signed - it seems that it isn't even AAV

And now no one is posting. I'll go ahead and point out that this deal HAS to get done within the next week to leave enough time to trade guys away. I think Lou might be having a hard time doing so.

If it comes down to it, and Lou can't trade or demote players he will simply release them*. Not the ideal situation plus adding to the edge of the trading partners.

*eligible players No point in releasing a Rolston as his contract would still be on the cap in such a scenario.

Edited by Rock

500 pages of when will kovy sign....... crazy sh!t.

Wow....NLD was started in 2004 and is at page 560. This was started...oh in July...and just hit page 500...and it's about 7 posts away from 10000 too. Too average it out...this thread is receiving almost 278 posts...A DAY!

Kovys agent apparently contacted the KHL

http://fwix.com/nyc/share/7717278fe8/report_kovalchuks_agent_calls_russian_league

just another thing to bullsh!t about until this guy gets signed :horse:

I read on the KHL's facebook page...not sure if it's legit.... that they are working on a charity game where Ovechkin and Kovalchuk would face each other.

And now no one is posting. I'll go ahead and point out that this deal HAS to get done within the next week to leave enough time to trade guys away. I think Lou might be having a hard time doing so.

the deal could get done september 29th and leave lou enough time.

I think they will have to go through arbitration again, becuase clearly the league will NOT ALLOW any other contract to be signed - it seems that it isn't even AAV

if the rumor is true and the devils went to the league with a 15 year deal, lou and grossman either didn't read the bloch report, or haven't listened to a single word that bill daly has said since this began.

Post #10,000?

Edit: Off by one.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

Well obviously his (Russian) agent contacted the KHL. He's not signed yet and that guy still wants his pay-day?

Grossman would be dumb to contact the KHL because he'd be letting his top client and top commission go.

These speculative fake rumor articles are really annoying.

Post #10,000?

Edit: Off by one.

Cheer up there, sport. At least you got reply #10,000.

http://devils.hockey-news-update.com/report-kovalchuks-agent-calls-russianleague/

heres the article about Kovy's agent contacted the KHL...

“‘Ilya knows that our proposal is still on the table,’ Medvedev said at the World Hockey Summit. ‘Actually, I got a call from his agent. I will call after I finishing the discussion with you.’

Ive said this many times, at this point i dont care if tis up to an $8mil cap hit

Give him a 13year contract at $98 million which is just over a $7.5 cap hit, kovy will take that, and i can see kovy playing until at least 37 which means he would get $85 million in the first ten years, magically trade rolston and salvs and we are set to rock and roll!

1st year $10mil

2 $10mil

3 $9mil

4 $9mil

5 $9mil

6 $8mil

7 $8mil

8 $8mil

9 $8mil

10 $6mil

11 $6mil

12 $4mil

13 $3mil

:noclue:

Edited by Zubie#8

Ive said this many times, at this point i dont care with anything more than 8 mil cap hit

Give him a 13year contract at $98 million with just over a $7.5 cap hit, kovy will take that, and i can see kovy playing until

1st year $10mil

2 $10mil

3 $9mil

4 $9mil

5 $9mil

6 $8mil

7 $8mil

8 $8mil

9 $8mil

10 $6mil

11 $6mil

12 $4mil

13 $3mil

:noclue:

Well I like the original rumored deal which was 60 million for 8 years. Its the same cap hit as your's at 7.5 mill :doh1:

Well I like the original rumored deal which was 60 million for 8 years. Its the same cap hit as your's at 7.5 mill :doh1:

i'll gladly take that too :hail:

So we are almost done with August and we still have nothing. I never thought I would say this but i want Fehr involved now, I almost want a walkout by the players over the shafting they just got over this whole situation. The league set up a sh!tty set of rules then half a$$ enforced it and it's a joke.