Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

A huge part of me just wishes that we could have signed him to a normal, 6 year contract or so. If the cap hit is high, the cap hit is high.

If this doesn't pass, I wouldn't blame Kovi for leaving for Russa. This might be a last ditch effort. I mean, why give the NHL a third chance to turn down a deal? Bettman is going to have to wear a disguise if he comes to the Rock this season.

Mike

OK at this point I'm starting to doubt the reports that the league made a decision yesterday.

it's 2. these things usually come out in the late afternoon.

A huge part of me just wishes that we could have signed him to a normal, 6 year contract or so. If the cap hit is high, the cap hit is high.

can't be done. kovalchuk wants at least $10 million a season, we can't afford that. we'd lose parise, and we'd have to trade clarkson, salvador, zubrus, and re-entry waive rolston.

Edited by Triumph

(faux pas)

(croissant)

LMAO!!!

I can't spell for shart.

Idiot fingers meet keyboard.

KAABLAAM goes the computer!!!!!

:yay:

maybe this thread needs to get to 17,000 posts before we get some resolution?

One more thing, I'd like to ask Bettman this, if I had the opportunity to if this one is rejected too:

"So Osama, how's it going to feel knowing that during your tenure as zoo keeper for the NHL you've had two lookouts and are now looking at yet ANOTHER lockout or a strike? Think the sport will survive that you piece of horse manure? Good day to you and your lackey the Mullah Omar."

:ECW:

can't be done. kovalchuk wants at least $10 million a season, we can't afford that. we'd lose parise, and we'd have to trade clarkson, salvador, zubrus, and re-entry waive rolston.

.... and change our name to the New Jersey Thrashers

I find the NHL approving the contract as being little to none since it would interfere with the already well grounded perception that Gary Bettman is a peni$.

Edited by CarpathianForest

I find the NHL approving the contract as being little to none since it would interfere with the already well grounded perception that Gary Bettman is a peni$.

Johnson?

So then forget about Kovalchuk, and we fall into the same category as all other NHL teams that can't afford him. I think that since Lou can't afford him on a (relatively) short deal, his only option to getting Kovalchuk is to circumvent the cap using a long-term contract.

So then forget about Kovalchuk, and we fall into the same category as all other NHL teams that can't afford him. I think that since Lou can't afford him on a (relatively) short deal, his only option to getting Kovalchuk is to circumvent the cap using a long-term contract.

Welcome to the last two months.

You know, we spent a little under three decades making virtually no noise at all on marketable superstars, but when we finally decided to go after one we entered the pool with a tremendous splash, no?

You know, we spent a little under three decades making virtually no noise at all on marketable superstars, but when we finally decided to go after one we entered the pool with a tremendous splash, no?

Yes, just a little.

Edited by mrthemike

it was like a cannonball in a kiddie pool

Well, let's look at the good in all of this. Next off season is the last time I have to angrily glare on Brian Rolston's cap hit on Capgeek.

pecker...

just checking if they change pecker to johnson... I love that expression... almost as much as John Thomas

oh... I guess they change it to pecker... pecker is really cute too! ^_^

I wonder if Noel Coward honestly wrote that song... hmm.gif

Edited by Pepperkorn

I prefer Knob. Gary Bettman stop being a fvcking knob.

pecker...

just checking if they change pecker to johnson... I love that expression... almost as much as John Thomas

oh... I guess they change it to pecker... pecker is really cute too! ^_^

Dingle-dangle, a bit of "How's your Mother?"

I love all these tweets or twats what ever there called! One day it is a sure thing and we are going to sign him to a 6.667 cap next day they are going to deny it because of ghost in the closet of the freaking contract. It is what ever it is we as Devils fans will make the best of it, I am just suprised that as fans no one from the NHL has said anything about how we feel, I mean really is this not a fan based sport? What about the roller coaster ride we have been on? No comment from that prick Buttman or his cronie Daily on how the supporters of the this team and the supporters of Ilya Kovalchuk have been put through hell, and we are sorry for this we know without you fans there would not be a NHL period.

Whether we sign him or not there needs to be a serious change in this sport that recognizes the Fans :cheers: