Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

In Russia, contract signs YOU!

KOVY in the past during his contract negotiations with ATL:

"IF I STAY IN KHIMIK, I WOULD LOSE NOTHING"

Though, what do you prefer: Atlanta or Khimik?

I. Kovalchuk: I won't be original if I say that NHL is the strongest league in the world. Everybody aspires over there, though, to be honest, I feel comfortable in Khimik.

Could you compare financial terms in Khimik with what you are asking Atlanta management?

I. Kovalchuk: I wouldn't like to discuss financial questions. I would say only that if I stay in Khimik I would lose nothing. The main thing for me is to play, score goals, and be useful for a team, so money question never was a priority number one for me. I'm not 30-year-old, when players need to think of their future after a career. Though, of course, life-levels in America and Russia differ.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen TG say or post something non-serious.

Meanwhile, the CBA information he posted regarding buyouts is incorrect. He's keeping everyone updated on the temperature though.

Meanwhile, the CBA information he posted regarding buyouts is incorrect. He's keeping everyone updated on the temperature though.

:( - lord knows what TG gets paid for his job, but i can't imagine that it's enough given everything he puts into it. he gets way too much guff around here.

kovalchuknj.png

What number is on that jersey?

why do you think so many players sign on july 1 every year? it's because there are limited dollars available and ending up without a team can be disastrous, especially for goalies. the offers don't generally increase.

So why are they available then?

I don't disagree with the premise that teams will look at Frolov or Poni as a cheap alternative to Kovy, but no one is going to spend anything on them UNTIL Kovy signs somewhere.

The other free agenst that signed on July 1st, don't have the asking price that Kovy does.

I have no doubt that most teams initially offered in the $6 to $7 million range, but Grossman has a way of manipulating the media speculation (e.g. KHL "rumors" and LA Kings rumors) to try and drum up the price (the Islanders??? The Av's??? Philly??? in recent days).

Kovy has the luxury of holding out and not rushing a decision.

this is the opposite of true. the longer this goes on, the more teams who are not really in the running say the hell with it and sign a frolov or a ponikarovsky or someone like that. there's still other decent wingers available.

Yep, this whole epic adventure of nothing has cut off the forward market. not that the forward market is any good, but the goons have been bought up before the "better" forwards available have.

it's no accident that most of the best forwards remaining are russian because odds are they are all playing the KHL and NHL against one another. everyone else is already gone.

if you want to throw a hat in the ring for free agency, your best bet is to do it on july 1, since i'd say that around 80% of the best players available are signed by the evening of july 2.

Edited by Triumph

Its at times like this that the thought of the ninja calms my nerves.

I suggest we all offer up our favorite memories of the gallant ninja.

you guys are all fooled by Lou's magic plan.

He wants to sign Kovy to then Sather will go on a rampage trade half the team to get Kovy @ 10millions.

Then Lou resigns Andrew Peters/Pandolfo and also Paul Kariya

this=wins

Then Lou resigns Andrew Peters/Pandolfo and also Paul Kariya

sick0005.gif

What number is on that jersey?

18?

I wish someone would give us some inside information.

I hear ya, if only somebody with inside info knew what was up....

Oh, well here is some inside info from my house, source are reporting I will be getting Thai takeout for dinner.

sick0005.gif

eh

It also makes me laugh to see some Devils fans saying that 9millions to Kovy's too much..when you think about it, Bobby Holik once had 9millions per year..of course, this is the very same GM that's throwing 6millions(? or 5?)to Redden and 1.6millions to Boogard. My guess to why Sather gave 1.6millions to sh!tgard is probably, he wanted some media action towards NY(Ego maniacc)

Well according to Grossman there WILL be a decision TODAY.

Where did you hear this?

yesterday, there seemed to be a consensus that we had him on lock and it was only a matter of time before it was official. Has anything been said to the contrary?

probably about DINNER and maybe COFFEE afterwards

Hooray, 2 hour 30 minute respite from Kovalchuk watch to watch Holland

to reset us... latest actual news iS from 18 hours ago from Kovy's Agent's Twitter

Ilya Kovalchuk choices have been narrowed down, details to be finalized but no announcement tonight....about 18 hours ago via TweetDeck

I don't see this info anywhere.