Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

motivator0074122e1b1892f1f6d55e5c5e084043bc8fe91c.jpg

every business office in nj should have this inspirational/motivational poster hanging up :cheers:

Just in time for Around the Horn to cover i...oh who am I kidding. Like that will ever happen.

Why would Around the Horn(or PTI for that matter) push aside the story of Troy Palamalu's hair in order to report on the signing of someone as insignificant as Ilya Kovalchuk?

Let me rephrase. I understand that we're the little guy and we are always the ones who cough up the cash but don't factor into the equation. I'm just venting.

As for the power trip, I certainly understand waiting till the 0 hour for an approval. Sending a message, etc. Waiting till the 0 hour for a rejection is flat out petty. No question in my mind about that.

Finally, if the league challenged Hossa they would've had a fantastic shot at the arbitration. Why wouldn't the same "retirement contract" and "artificial years tacked on to lower the cap hit" arguments have worked?

Again the zero hour announcement is because for some reason it is in the best interest of the league to do it.

As for the Hossa deal, not only was it much different than the Kovy deal but Hossa, being closer to the end of the contract would be more likely to get to the end of it. Not only that, it is the last 4 years with 1 million dollars (4 mill in 4 years) compared with Kovy's last five years at 550,000 (2.75 mill in 5 years). Not even close. However, the new deal should be approved compared with the Hossa deal.

ugh

per tg..Not that it's any surprise at 3:40, but I'm told it won't be until the final hour that NHL announces anything on Kovy contract.

Why would Around the Horn(or PTI for that matter) push aside the story of Troy Palamalu's hair in order to report on the signing of someone as insignificant as Ilya Kovalchuk?

i would listen to WFAN but they are usually late with their breaking news

Again the zero hour announcement is because for some reason it is in the best interest of the league to do it.

As for the Hossa deal, not only was it much different than the Kovy deal but Hossa, being closer to the end of the contract would be more likely to get to the end of it. Not only that, it is the last 4 years with 1 million dollars (4 mill in 4 years) compared with Kovy's last five years at 550,000 (2.75 mill in 5 years). Not even close. However, the new deal should be approved compared with the Hossa deal.

i wish firefighters were running the NHL office... it would be so much quicker :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6DORwBzuA&feature=related

I'm not disputing that the first Kovy deal and Hossa's are vastly different. My point is that the NHL dropped the ball not challenging the Hossa contract. That would've set a much clearer line in the sand.

please, please no more posting, as the official word must come on page 458

4+5+8 = 17

:cheers:

oh crap, I just posted. Damnit.

So I have an assload of school work to do, but I refuse to do ANYTHING until I know what the hell is the deal with Kovy.

im at work... on this forum and twitter, refreshing in between designing stuff... this is making me (and every other devil fan) insane! haha luckily my boss is my dad and he's as big of a devils fan as we all are...

Edited by MrMoney

im at work... on this forum and twitter, refreshing in between designing stuff... this is making me (and every other devil fan) insane! haha luckily my boss is my dad and he's as big of a devils fan as we all are...

Can I work for your Dad too?

please, please no more posting, as the official word must come on page 458

4+5+8 = 17

:cheers:

oh crap, I just posted. Damnit.

isn't this page 570 now? lol :whistling:

So I have an assload of school work to do, but I refuse to do ANYTHING until I know what the hell is the deal with Kovy.

i feel your pain :cheers:

OT, but Chesnokov reporting a source tells him Niemi will sign one-year deal with San Jose, $2mil base salary, possibly only a 1yr deal.

That should satisfy Sharks fans a bit more than just flying solo with Nitty.

what a PR nightmare, a decision at 5 pm on a holiday weekend. And people wonder why this league is behind bowling in popularity