Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

@drosennhl: Deadline for decision on Kovalchuk contract extended until 5 p.m. ET Friday. http://bit.ly/c6BULO

FVVVVVVVVVVVVVCK ME

:argh::argh::evilcry:

I did see that one coming since Friday though. I knew they would make us wait a week.

Guess they want to do the Office Space routine, 5pm on a Friday causes the least amount of scenes at the NHL headquarters.

I'm not even angry right now. I'm too shocked to be angry.

HAHAHAHAHA this is so fvcked up it's hilarious!!!! And then if they reject it Friday people will literally bomb NHL headquarters

fvcking nhl

The NHL IGNORES the CBA and makes up it's own rules as they go along. WHAT A FVCKING JOKE! I hope Bettman is assassinated. And I am not just saying that...I really hope it happens.

why...I don't get it

Why I am not surprised!!!!! :saddevil:

I'm not disputing that the first Kovy deal and Hossa's are vastly different. My point is that the NHL dropped the ball not challenging the Hossa contract. That would've set a much clearer line in the sand.

Indeed, thankee kindly.

I can understand people attempting to bugger off Hossa's contract saying it's vastly different, but the reality is that the NHL completely blew it by not challenging it when it was submitted.

In my world, cap circumvention is cap circumvention. I don't care what you try to dress it up as.....IT'S CAP CIRCUMVENTION.

Give me a freaking break with this crap that the contract and those like it that have been shrugged, nodded, and winked at are now "under investigation." The NHL isn't going to do crap wrt those contracts after the fact.

Let's say that Osama and the Mullah Omar have painted themselves into a bloody corner.

Morons.

:rant:

The NHLPA agreeing to extend the deadline suggests to me this deal is going to win approval from the NHL because I think the NHLPA would feel confident going to arbitration this time if the NHL wanted to reject it. Rather this is about changing something minor, or agreeing to an amendment to the CBA in conjunction with this contract being approved.

I'm not even angry right now. I'm too shocked to be angry.

I laughed so hard when I hear the extended it, because laughing is better than crying... I wasted 3 days for this and now I have to waste another 2 hahahaha

Seriously fvck this league. The NHL is a mickey mouse organization in the professional sports landscape.

Edited by Amberite

There is NO NEED for it to take this long. NONE! They have had DAYS to look it over. What, they could not find any reason to reject it this time around so they need another 2 days to find something?!?!? This is a disaster, and a black eye for the sport. This sh!t would not happen with any other professional sports league.

Seriously fvck this league. The NHL is a mickey mouse organization in the professional sports landscape.

^

this

The NHLPA agreeing to extend the deadline suggests to me this deal is going to win approval from the NHL because I think the NHLPA would feel confident going to arbitration this time if the NHL wanted to reject it. Rather this is about changing something minor, or agreeing to an amendment to the CBA in conjunction with this contract being approved.

i don't think they can change the contract as it's written right now.

blame the PA, they're the ones who agreed to the extension.

Edited by Triumph

Wysh brought up a good point on Twitter...the NHL is going to be breaking potentially on the biggest news of the year around 5 PM the Friday of Labor Day weekend. How smart.