Sign in to follow this  
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

with this mandate, zach can still be signed through 2024. so maybe 14/93 for him.

12/84 is my guess for Zach.

i dont understand why everyone is worried about parise re signing with the devil. the only way the devils will lose parise is if he wants to leave. parise right now makes 3.1 mil, i dont think the devils are re signing arnott after this year so thats 4.5 mil coming off the books, so far a total of 7.6 mil parise could be making a year if he wants it. if langenbrunner walks or is not re signed, 2.8 mil a year comes to the devils, add it all together comes to 10.4 mil a year. so the devils have money to give parise

You are forgetting that for every player that comes off the books, you need to replace with someone else. A very conservative estimate is that all replacements will average $1 million a season. As it stands now, we have about $12 million to fill at least 7 roster spots, including Parise, who is likely to get $6 million at least if he goes to arbitration.

Bottom line, to make it work, Rolston, at least, has gotta go.

my nephew is headed there too .. enjoy the burn.. (twice)

Thanks

12/84 is my guess for Zach.

ZACH WATCH!! I'm hitting refresh until he signs a new deal!!

with this mandate, zach can still be signed through 2024. so maybe 14/93 for him.

And if he does it without forking over 10% to an agent (or whatever the going rate is) he'll be making more than Kovy when it's all said and done. But wait and see, doing a deal without an agent will be deemed cap circumvention.

now what?

We wait for the smoke to clear and see how we are going to pay for Kovy.

As an aside, moving trucks are arriving at Salvador and Zubrus' houses as we speak. I wonder if their moving contracts have to approved by the NHLPA.

Good to see Kovy here. I love uptempo hockey.

And if he does it without forking over 10% to an agent (or whatever the going rate is) he'll be making more than Kovy when it's all said and done. But wait and see, doing a deal without an agent will be deemed cap circumvention.

Marty does his own negotiations, doesn't he?

ZACH WATCH!! I'm hitting refresh until he signs a new deal!!

wow man you may get carpal tunnel syndrome until then

do you think parise will get resigned before the season ends or after the season?

doing a deal without an agent is frowned upon. ovechkin did it, but the union made a big fuss when brodeur hired a non-union-approved lawyer to look over his current contract.

We wait for the smoke to clear and see how we are going to pay for Kovy.

Manta, you've got to get that sand out of your *******. It's making you cranky. Does it itch?

Edited by pattyelias

You are forgetting that for every player that comes off the books, you need to replace with someone else. A very conservative estimate is that all replacements will average $1 million a season. As it stands now, we have about $12 million to fill at least 7 roster spots, including Parise, who is likely to get $6 million at least if he goes to arbitration.

this is just an opinion but i think its going to be zubrus who is going to be coming off the books next year. do i want that no but its going to be easier to move him than rolston. to be honest i think salvador and zubrus are going to be traded this year to make room next year

not true at all. You are assuming the 6mil minimum is coming on the books new like the Kovie deal. Parise is already on for 3.1 so it would only be adding 2.9 million to get to 6mil. that would be more than covered by bringing up someone like Henrique and releasing or renegotiating Arnott's 4.5 million to more what he is worth these days. We have 3 people other than Parise that are FA's of any significant kind (Greene, Arnott, Langenbrunner) this coming summer. Replace Arnott with a young guy or Elias back to center give Greene a raise to around 2.5mill give Parise his money and everyone is happy.

There is no financial problems involved with keeping Parise long-term. Lou just has to have learned from the Johnny Mac debacle and offer him an extension by mid-season and make him as happy as possible this season so he WANTS to come back.

We also can't forget that Lou may not just clear enough cap space to JUST get under the cap and what he brings back may be players that are on there last years of contracts so he get more cap flexibility.

Point being, just wait and see what our GM, the master of all things hockey related can pull out here in the next few weeks to get us in position to continue winning.

HURRAY FOR THE KOVIE ERA :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

doing a deal without an agent is frowned upon. ovechkin did it, but the union made a big fuss when brodeur hired a non-union-approved lawyer to look over his current contract.

And we've seen how effective the PA generally is at getting its way. Also, a laweyr, whether he's union approved or not, who is there to merely look over and explain the details of a contract is not, ethically, entitled to a percentage of the deal.

I still can't believe that Lou manage to have this über-SuperStar with a 6,666 cap hit...

That's so awesome that i'm start to believe that Lou is indeed an Arch-demon !

(i'm fine with that)