Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DevsFan7545

New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

12,307 posts in this topic

F Kovy, I'd much rather try to wrap souray for cheap and make a bite at kaberle.

How amazing that would be.

Kaberle-A Train

Tallinder-Greene

Souray-White/Salvador/Urbom

[jizz]

That's not true, they can sign him first and then get rid of contracts. In fact, it makes more sense to do it that way so that you don't free up a lot of Kovalchuk space and then lose out on him.

Right. You don't sign Volchenkov and Tallinder before Martin walks. Lou's number one priority should be Kovy. Freeing up space comes next. Use the rules to your advantage.

Edited by ben00rs

IMO, if we hear about White or Salvador getting dealt, the Kovalchuk Staying In New Jersey announcement will be soon to follow. Until then, with each day that passes I almost feel like the KHL's case is getting stronger.

:lol:

yeah, it'd be great to have a team with one center again, and have that one center be an old guy on a 1 year deal.

+1 We CANNOT lose Zajac now. He is a key piece to what we are doing this offseason.

That is definitely why its taking longer than expected. Another is the obvious July 4th holiday. I expected July 1st to be very busy and then rapid slow down of the market until Monday July 5th at the earliest. I think by the end of next week you will see Kovy finalize a contract with someone. So look for the action to pick up again late Monday afternoon or definitely Tuesday once the holiday ends. I am happy with the Devils signings so far especially Volchenkov.

wait, i have a mind fart. who is our third line center?

Rob Nieds :puke:

although: per Dreger: Devils apparently lost interest when Scott retired. Too bad, Rob is a good player and a good leader.

Edited by ben00rs

Robby is still signed? How would he even be on the roster w/ Jason on our team now. Zajac, Arnott Zubrus and I assume Pelley. Where would Rob fit?

wait, i have a mind fart. who is our third line center?

Josefson most likely.

Robby is still signed? How would he even be on the roster w/ Jason on our team now. Zajac, Arnott Zubrus and I assume Pelley. Where would Rob fit?

Oh my bad. I thought he meant who was our 3rd line center during the season. Yea as 731 said above, Lou's ideal scenario is that Josefsen makes it that far for ext season. If things don't go according to plan you may see Zubrus move to the middle.

You also might see a cheap center signed.

Edited by ben00rs

IMO, if we hear about White or Salvador getting dealt, the Kovalchuk Staying In New Jersey announcement will be soon to follow. Until then, with each day that passes I almost feel like the KHL's case is getting stronger.

Kovalchuk is not going to the KHL. It was a PR stunt by them to wrangle up some media attention to their league. They don't have the revenues or appeal to bring in Kovy.

Kovalchuk is not going to the KHL. It was a PR stunt by them to wrangle up some media attention to their league. They don't have the revenues or appeal to bring in Kovy.

A. Let me start by saying I don't think Kovy will go to the KHL.

B. I thing DIG already understands what you said about it being a PR stunt as we all have discussed this. He was just saying that as time passes and Kovy starts to realize his stock ain't so great, he might evetually decide the KHL is the best fit for him.

C. The KHL DEFINITELY will be able to give him his biggest offer.

Edited by ben00rs

damn, i was hoping balir betts wasn't ona contract. say what you want. man is tough and is a great face off man.

and yes there are tons of problems that we have... winning the face off sometimes is most important.

damn, i was hoping balir betts wasn't ona contract. say what you want. man is tough and is a great face off man.

and yes there are tons of problems that we have... winning the face off sometimes is most important.

idk if you want him higher than a 4th line center though. He gets exposed any higher and we already have the man, the myth the legend Rod Pelley

LeBrun: "Kings GM Dean Lombardi via email tells ESPN.com "all quiet." Sounds like the Kovalchuk drama might resume Monday but one never knows"

LeBrun: "Kings GM Dean Lombardi via email tells ESPN.com "all quiet." Sounds like the Kovalchuk drama might resume Monday but one never knows"

if he's going to sign with the KHL, he should do it tomorrow on July 4th to act like an evil Commie Russian. I'd at least find it a little amusing

I'm not liking our chances anymore. I'm actually starting to think Lou is just being used so Kovy can get what he wants from LA. I just don't have that feeling that Kovy wants to play here anymore. Still slightly hopeful but more so annoyed.

I'm not liking our chances anymore. I'm actually starting to think Lou is just being used so Kovy can get what he wants from LA. I just don't have that feeling that Kovy wants to play here anymore. Still slightly hopeful but more so annoyed.

I don't know if he's using NJ, I suspect he's looking for the most lucrative deal. And if the reports are to be believed, maybe it's the Isles ponying up the most dough. You figure he wants to get as close as possible to the Atlanta offer to save face.

I don't know if he's using NJ, I suspect he's looking for the most lucrative deal. And if the reports are to be believed, maybe it's the Isles ponying up the most dough. You figure he wants to get as close as possible to the Atlanta offer to save face.

Yeah... but how much face can he save playing on the Island for the next decade? I'm still waiting for Colorado to jump in or something.

Yeah... but how much face can he save playing on the Island for the next decade? I'm still waiting for Colorado to jump in or something.

If the Isles have the best offer by a wide margin, I believe he will begrudgingly go there.

I think Kovalchuk is waiting for the Avs, too ... anyone besides the NYI to offer him $10 million.

Listen, you can't call it "using". He's about to make the biggest decision of his life and he should take a few days at least. It's impossible to use Lou. He's not moving Lou up in price, cuz Lou doesn't do that. Lou has already told Kovy what he can give him. If anything he's negotiating hard with the Kings.

Listen, you can't call it "using". He's about to make the biggest decision of his life and he should take a few days at least. It's impossible to use Lou. He's not moving Lou up in price, cuz Lou doesn't do that. Lou has already told Kovy what he can give him. If anything he's negotiating hard with the Kings.

Yeah, I'm with you there. Lou's not being used. Kovalchuk desperately wants an NHL team other than the Isles to offer him $10M.

Edited by Jerrydevil

kovie is using kings to get the best out of devils, he will stay, but for the most money he can bargain.

kovie is using kings to get the best out of devils, he will stay, but for the most money he can bargain.

As long as that $10M offer from the Isles is real and remains on the table, I believe we're out of it.