All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

For whatever it is worth, it appears SportsK is now selling Kansas City Scouts road (blue) CCM Vintage Series jerseys.  You can also buy KC Scouts customized jerseys (though as others, most notably DevsMan84, have said, you might be able to get better customization elsewhere).

Sportsk has their customizing done by Triple Threat Sports...mine have always been 100% accurate and very well done. I use them for most of my customizing. 

Is there anywhere to get an authentic Edge throwback? Haven't seen them around... Well, ever. At least where I live.

As far as I know, the authentic Edge jerseys were only sold in 2010. As I said in my post, it took me a few years of searching eBay and message boards before I finally found someone who had one and was willing to sell it.

Sportsk has their customizing done by Triple Threat Sports...mine have always been 100% accurate and very well done. I use them for most of my customizing. 

Triple Threat is as close as you can get outside of EPS.  I would say EPS is the only one who does the Devils jerseys 100% since they do the on-ice jerseys but TTS comes a very close second.

As far as I know, the authentic Edge jerseys were only sold in 2010. As I said in my post, it took me a few years of searching eBay and message boards before I finally found someone who had one and was willing to sell it.

This is unfortunately true.

For whatever it is worth, it appears SportsK is now selling Kansas City Scouts road (blue) CCM Vintage Series jerseys.  You can also buy KC Scouts customized jerseys (though as others, most notably DevsMan84, have said, you might be able to get better customization elsewhere).

Nice and maybe people can stop buying those sh!tty KC Scouts knockoffs from Singapore that pop up on eBay from time to time that I see at the arena every game. 

There is this one guy I see almost every game with a Blue (away) Nolet that is missing the red in the shoulder yoke, the shade of blue is way too dark, the font is incorrect (should be like the Blackhawks as KC Scouts were also customized by Gunzo's who did Chicago) and has a nameplate (the Scouts never wore a nameplate for their blue jerseys).

Edited by DevsMan84

Triple Threat is as close as you can get outside of EPS.  I would say EPS is the only one who does the Devils jerseys 100% since they do the on-ice jerseys but TTS comes a very close second.

Yeah, you guys know a lot more about customized hockey jerseys than I do.  I'm someone who believes poorly/incorrectly customized jerseys, in any sport, look horrible (at least if you're going to wear it to the game and not merely for knock-around purposes), so IMO you might as well spend the extra money to get the customization done right if you are going to have customization done.  That's doubly true if you're laying down the extra dough to buy an authentic jersey or game-worn jersey you plan to get modified.

Perhaps there should be a sticky thread or modified first post that tells fans which companies do the best customization in the hardcore Devils/hockey jersey buyers' opinions.

Is there anywhere to get an authentic Edge throwback? Haven't seen them around... Well, ever. At least where I live.

It's also worth noting that 99.99999999999999% of the retro authentic Devils jerseys that you see fans wearing around the Rock or being sold on eBay are crappy China knockoffs. Don't believe it's legit just because it has a fighting strap!

Edited by hoekster316

It's also worth noting that 99.99999999999999% of the retro authentic Devils jerseys that you see fans wearing around the Rock or being sold on eBay are crappy China knockoffs. Don't believe it's legit just because it has a fighting strap!

if you know what youre looking at you can usually tell even the real good fakes from the real deal pretty easily.. i have one fake devils jersey which is actually better quality then the sh!t they sell in the devils den as premieres.. but i got hooked on the game worn thing now and dont usually buy jerseys any more unless i have enough for a gamer

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can get a 2010 Czech Olympic Jersey? It would be good if I could customize it with Elias or Jagr, but a blank one would be good too because I could send it to IceJerseys and have them customize it. Thanks in advance for the help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Issued-2010-Olympics-Czech-Republic-Hockey-jersey-Nike-Swift-IIHF-Size-62-/251434998279?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8ab19a07

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIKE-Olympic-Replica-Team-Czech-Hockey-Jersey-/120794312799?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&var=&hash=item1c1fe6f05f

This one? ^

Thinking about tracking down that 1988 Team USA barber pole jersey and getting Terreri customized on it.  May need a photograph of the customization for EPS to reference but am having no luck.  Anyone able to give me a hand? Only photo I can find is the team shot.

Oh I know, I actually have a couple of those myself lol. The real Edge throwbacks are extremely easy to tell from the knock-offs. But the real ones are impossible to find. Nothing on eBay or anywhere else that I've looked.

I've heard about this and I think mentioned this here about a month or two ago. Looks like reeboks parent company Adidas wants to remove reebok as the supplier for the NHL and replace it with itself. Basically next year the jerseys and clothes will be the same except with the Adidas logo slapped on instead of reebok.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/01/adidas-may-distance-reebock-from-team-sports/

• 1 month later...

So I'll be going to my first(since I was in 3rd grade) Devils Game. Been a fan of them since and watch games on tv and read stuff about them, just haven't been to a game in a while. Long story short I was a big hockey fan because of the mighty ducks till 3rd grade, then I started liking basketball more, so started going to nets games, been saying for a few years I wanted to try to go to another Devils game and finally bought tickets of stubhub for March 23rd

I'm looking into getting a Jersey, most likely, Martin Brodeur, do they sell the Jerseys on the games and how much? hoping to not spend on shipping lol. Already got a Devils shirt to wear and got my old Devils winter hat

of course you can get a jersey at the arena.. but they are all crappy quality being they are iron on letters and numbers.. everyone here will tell you to order one but it doesnt sound like you will be too into that.. personally if i were you and you were just looking for a simple player like brodeur i would say try you local dicks sporting goods or modells

of course you can get a jersey at the arena.. but they are all crappy quality being they are iron on letters and numbers.. everyone here will tell you to order one but it doesnt sound like you will be too into that.. personally if i were you and you were just looking for a simple player like brodeur i would say try you local dicks sporting goods or modells

i'd order one if thats the better option, but are they any better through Devils store online then the arena? I would have thought it'd be the same

i'd order one if thats the better option, but are they any better through Devils store online then the arena? I would have thought it'd be the same

The devils use shop.nhl.com for their online store and their customization is known as the worst there is. Not only are the letters heat pressed but the letters themselves are made out of this paper/plastic hybrid with drawn-on fake stitching. At least the arena will use twill letters/numbers even though it will still be heat pressed.

If you want something quick and still cheaper than the arena or shop.nhl.com, just go to dicks or modells and buy one from the store. The letters are stitched on and again would be cheaper than the arena or shop.nhl.com even though it won't be 100% perfect.

The devils use shop.nhl.com for their online store and their customization is known as the worst there is. Not only are the letters heat pressed but the letters themselves are made out of this paper/plastic hybrid with drawn-on fake stitching. At least the arena will use twill letters/numbers even though it will still be heat pressed.

If you want something quick and still cheaper than the arena or shop.nhl.com, just go to dicks or modells and buy one from the store. The letters are stitched on and again would be cheaper than the arena or shop.nhl.com even though it won't be 100% perfect.

not looking for anything expensive. As a kid I use to have too Devils jerseys with just logo on the front and no name. I remember them being expensive, but not like 200 bucks lol, I have checked modells, the ones near me barely have anything good lol. Might just buy a cool sweatshirt I saw. Don't need 100 Devil shirts like I do Nets

not looking for anything expensive. As a kid I use to have too Devils jerseys with just logo on the front and no name. I remember them being expensive, but not like 200 bucks lol, I have checked modells, the ones near me barely have anything good lol. Might just buy a cool sweatshirt I saw. Don't need 100 Devil shirts like I do Nets

Yeah I mean back in the 90s I remember getting blank replicas for $60-80. Now it's about $120ish for blanks and $150ish for factory customized jerseys.

Yeah I mean back in the 90s I remember getting blank replicas for $60-80. Now it's about $120ish for blanks and $150ish for factory customized jerseys.

yeah little too much these days, but hoping to find one in right price area some day. Look on Modells online and haven't found any cheaper. I'm really not picky, just trying to find a cheaper one. If I find one I like that's expensive I'd but it. I'll keep checking lol

yeah little too much these days, but hoping to find one in right price area some day. Look on Modells online and haven't found any cheaper. I'm really not picky, just trying to find a cheaper one. If I find one I like that's expensive I'd but it. I'll keep checking lol

Yeah I mean sometimes you can find something on eBay that is reasonable.

Just stay clear of those crappy looking fake aka "wholesale" jerseys lol

*Jerseys at Sports Authority also have the crappy paper/plastic numbers/nameplate.

They still aren't "cheap", but SportsK is a legitimate site and they have blank replicas for $98 ($105 including shipping).  That's about the best you'll find unless a sporting goods store has some sort of after season sale.  As far as player lettering, I'll defer to others on here (especially DevsMan84), but SportsK is considered to do a good job, and Exclusive Pro does the lettering for the team and is probably the best option if you want legitimate customization.

NOTE: I just checked the SportsK site, and the red replicas are now $105 without shipping, while the white replicas are still $98.

Edited by CHIP72

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.