All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

Right - I have plenty of low value gamers and I would never alter them either - but I'm a collector with a collector's mentality. Not everyone is like that. In fact, most people aren't like that.

There's nothing wrong with someone buying a game worn jersey with the intention of changing the name/number to wear to games. This is often a great way to get an authentic jersey for considerably less than it would have cost to get a customized authentic jersey at retail. I don't see the big deal with doing this. He bought the jersey, it's his to do what he wants with. It's not like we're talking about a Hall-of-Fame-worthy specimen that should be preserved for the sake of history and nostalgia.

I get that but still I mean I have seen many times people alter gamers but they still never take the Meigray tag or inform meigray of the alteration and while not every time, I've seen plenty where people then try to sell it down the road as a gamer from the more important player. I've passed on a few jerseys over the years because the tag doesn't match the population report and I'm not talking about the fakes either with the Meigray Groop tags.

I'm not implying that this is what he will do (I believe him when he says he is not looking to sell or dupe someone with it) but as a collector I do cringe when I hear anyone altering a gamer unless possibly to restore it if it is shredded to pieces. In the end you are right that it's his jersey and he could do what he wants but I just wish it was a game issued jersey instead. I'm also curious as to know what player it is too.

I would never change an actual gamer that was used. What I did do is buy a game issues jersey from Meigray with no name on it (only a number). It was one of the ones with a HHOF patches. Sent to exclusive pro to get the number stripped and Jagr on it. Looks awesome, basically like a gamer. I will wear it tonight.

how much did you pay and what number did you get

how much did you pay and what number did you get

The blank GI was $275. Not bad for an on ice made jersey with a hard to find patch. The number was 23 so I assume was made for Sestio but they never put a name on it. Got 68 Jagr with an A cause he wore that for the game.

• 2 months later...

Does Exclusive Pro ever have promotions on their numbering pricing? I am looking to get one of Merrill/Gelinas/Elias/Schneider, but I would be willing to wait to send a jersey in if the price goes down for the job on it. 

Also, how does the process work with EP? You just send the jersey with the piece of paper, and then get billed when they finished it?

Does Exclusive Pro ever have promotions on their numbering pricing? I am looking to get one of Merrill/Gelinas/Elias/Schneider, but I would be willing to wait to send a jersey in if the price goes down for the job on it.

Also, how does the process work with EP? You just send the jersey with the piece of paper, and then get billed when they finished it?

They usually have a spring sale to drum but business at the slowest time of the year for them. It should be announced within the next month or so.

And yes you fill out the form online and send it in with the jersey. They will call/email you letting you know its done. Normal turnaround time is 4-8 weeks.

• 2 months later...

Hahahahhaha look at this crap. I will bet my money the jersey won't look anywhere near like the one pictured. Now they are stealing/using photos of gamers to pass off as if this is what you are going to get. I feel bad for the poor soul who ordered one.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32343278461.html

I've actually had these people contact me when I've had authentics/gamers for sale on eBay asking for more pics of my listing. It's well known they do this to use the pics for listing their knockoffs.

fullmoonjersey has a decent amount of jerseys for sale, Im waiting for a white Jagr to arrive that i got for $23. Hopefully its the tackle twill retail and not the NHL.com custom numbers/letters 

Hahahahhaha look at this crap. I will bet my money the jersey won't look anywhere near like the one pictured. Now they are stealing/using photos of gamers to pass off as if this is what you are going to get. I feel bad for the poor soul who ordered one.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32343278461.html

I've actually had these people contact me when I've had authentics/gamers for sale on eBay asking for more pics of my listing. It's well known they do this to use the pics for listing their knockoffs.

I used to own that jersey!

And I'm sure those are flying off the shelves for them, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Copy and pasted this from a poster on a jersey forum about the Av's new uniforms for next year.  If true, I am not happy to say the least.

"Colorado Avs will abandon the Yeti footprint and use Colorado flag on the shoulder.. Thirds will look like the old Colorado Rockies unis from the Barry Beck and Lanny Macdonald days... No info on the SS jerseys though. Been told this by a member of the organization I know.."      

Copy and pasted this from a poster on a jersey forum about the Av's new uniforms for next year.  If true, I am not happy to say the least.

"Colorado Avs will abandon the Yeti footprint and use Colorado flag on the shoulder.. Thirds will look like the old Colorado Rockies unis from the Barry Beck and Lanny Macdonald days... No info on the SS jerseys though. Been told this by a member of the organization I know.."      

im surprised they can do that, i would think that the franchise that wore those Rockies jersey would be the ones who have the rights to them.

I grew up in Colorado, and i must say that i love seeing the flag.. have it tattooed on my arm, and its always my choice when I'm playing NHL on XBOX :beerbang: .  just a shame it wont be representing the Devils.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know who puts the names/numbers on sharks jerseys? Is it EP? I just got a blank jersey and want to get it customized.

EPS only does the Devils, Florida, Washington, Carolina, Nashville and the all-star game jerseys

Sharks use Action Spot Sports (I think the old name is Jersey Express).  Please note that if you are sending in a blank authentic they won't have the Edge material to use as a nameplate, so you would have to send one in with the jersey.  If you are sending in a premier blank or an airknit jersey, should be good.

EPS only does the Devils, Florida, Washington, Carolina, Nashville and the all-star game jerseys

Sharks use Action Spot Sports (I think the old name is Jersey Express).  Please note that if you are sending in a blank authentic they won't have the Edge material to use as a nameplate, so you would have to send one in with the jersey.  If you are sending in a premier blank or an airknit jersey, should be good.

Action Spot does pretty nice work, I have used them for Mets jerseys. Not sure if they do the on-field jerseys but someone suggested them to me for the Mets and they have always done nice work.

Located in Buffalo, NY.

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/

Edited by mfitz804

Action Spot does pretty nice work, I have used them for Mets jerseys. Not sure if they do the on-field jerseys but someone suggested them to me for the Mets and they have always done nice work.

Located in Buffalo, NY.

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/

Thanks, guys! I downloaded the order form and it asks for a jersey year (http://www.actionspotsports.com/skin/frontend/default/jerseyexpress/docs/JerseyExpress_Customization_Order_Form.pdf). I have a black sharks premier alternate jersey, what should I put down for the year?

Edited by NJDEVS1730

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Stupid and hate it. That kind of crap is ECHL and below level. It belongs nowhere near the NHL or AHL.

Truly is a new era when this crap flies while a black version of the River rats jersey was nixed by Lou.

And that black Rats was REALLY nice.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys my girlfriend bought this from locker room sports it is a legit jersey seller i noticed when i opened the package today i found this by the nj i am just wondering if there is any way to fix it?

DEVILS JERSEY.jpg

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.