Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NYCdevil

where were you?

45 posts in this topic

Where were you when you heard Kovy's deal got veto'd?

Outside of Target Field in Minneapolis when I got the text

Getting off the plane in Newark

I was somewhere in the middle of PA driving on Route 80 going to OH. Got a txt from ESPN and nearly drove of the road I was going to crazy.

I was in Kent, OH when I got the veto txt. First words were "Are you kidding! Go f--k yourself Bettman!!!"

Edited by mmajeski06

I was watching my "infamous" 2001 tape of the Colorado Avalanche. Gosh what a decade of hockey that was. Oh and btw I am not a troll ;)

i had just gotten home from a run, saw that he signed and freaked. :clap:

when it got vetoed: was sitting on my couch and began swearing. :argh::doh1::argh::doh1:

When he signed: I was in my room.

Vetoed: On the train back from NYC.

When he signed: Putting exhaust pipes away at work...first text was from my brother and I thought it was a joke since he is a Ranger fan...then my phone blew up from Devil fans.

When the NHL rejected: Driving back from roller hockey and getting dinner with my brother...once again I thought he was joking until he showed me his phone that had all the legit tweets on it.

When he signed: got home, was making dinner, turned on the laptop and opened up Twitter. Boom!

When it was rejected: just woke up and saw the RSS feed in my mail...

Signed: I was actually playing NHL10 (with the Thrashers and Kovy was still in my team)

Rejected: I was watching tv.

Signed.. i was with my kid ready to put his favorite internet url where he can sing & dance in front of the computer like a maniac... THEN badaboum !

Poor kid... no fun internet site, only daddy explain to him how awesome the situation is !

(but he got extra-chocolate after his dinner)

(i don't wanna sound like a bad daddy ; ) )

TSN website for my daily check. I was at work and saw the headline "Kovalchuk remains a Devil"...excitement and "head scratching" ensued as I couldn't believe Lamoriello finally signed someone for more money that it would take to purchase a Panera Bread sandwich... :rofl:

I stayed home from work sick on Monday and was trying to sleep when I got repeatedly texted about the Kovy signing.

I was dead tired from being unable to sleep the day before so I tried to go to bed early last night and kept getting awoken with texts saying the contract was rejected.

Maybe when I go to bed tonight, I'll get texts saying Bettman was just kidding and Kovalchuk's deal is A-OK?

I just hit a walk off home run in my baseball game then I look at my phone and all that excitement went away...

I was on that same lake when I found out the deal was rejected. It really sucked being in Canada since every time I turned on the TV they were talking about the contract rejection during the news.

As an aside, Bryce Salvador was on my flight home from Calgary with his wife and two kids. I just said hi although I was tempted to ask his thoughts on the Kovy deal and if he was worried about getting dealt.

Sitting at home (ah unemployment) refreshing the Kovy thread after reading that Grossman had baited the trap.

haha you sound like me. being unemployed, i was able to follow this kovy situation in more detail

I was in Hawaii (njdevil26 woke me up at 1150am EDT which is 550am Hawaii time) when he signed and just about to leave Hawaii when it got vetoed.

when he signed i was sleeping and woke up to a text....when it got rejected i was driving home