Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Satans Hockey

Food Safety at Prudential Center and our local arenas

22 posts in this topic

Just another reason I avoid eating at arenas, overpriced and not safe to eat...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100725/stadiumconcessions

Prudential Center

New Jersey Devils

Vendors with critical violations: 6%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors noted that at one location, the person in charge "did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety," and the sink lacked soap and paper towels, and there was no sanitizer solution.

Giants Stadium

New York Giants, New York Jets (former)

Vendors with critical violations: 20%

Inspection report excerpt: Managers tossed 20 pounds of ground beef after inspectors cited them for letting partially grilled burgers with raw centers sit at unsafe temperatures for three hours before final cooking.

Izod Center

New Jersey Nets

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found a seemingly spoiled and "odorous" can of cherry ice cream topping that had been left opened and uncovered in an unrefrigerated storage cabinet.

Meadowlands Stadium

New York Giants, New York Jets

Vendors with critical violations: N.A.

Inspection report excerpt: New stadium. No inspection records available at the time of request.

Citi Field

New York Mets

Vendors with critical violations: 45%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found 20 pounds of grilled chicken registered at 70 degrees in a refrigerator, about 30 degrees warmer than allowed.

Madison Square Garden

New York Knicks, New York Rangers

Vendors with critical violations: 61%

Inspection report excerpt: At one stand, inspectors found "53 mouse excreta" (38 on top of a metal box underneath the cash registers in the front food-prep/service area and 15 on top of a carbonated-beverage dispensing unit).

Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum

New York Islanders

Vendors with critical violations: 0%

Inspection report excerpt: No critical or major violations.

Yankee Stadium

New York Yankees

Vendors with critical violations: 48%

Inspection report excerpt: Five hot dogs registered 91 degrees in a hot-holding unit when they were supposed to be no cooler than 140. Inspectors also had a vendor dump a bottle of Chivas Regal whiskey containing dead fruit flies.

Madison Square Garden

Inspection report excerpt: At one stand, inspectors found "53 mouse excreta" (38 on top of a metal box underneath the cash registers in the front food-prep/service area and 15 on top of a carbonated-beverage dispensing unit).

New York Islanders

There is some irony in that part. All you hear from Rags fans is how sh-tty Nassau is...yet it is the Garden THE MOST FAMOUS ARENA IN THE WORLD!!!!!! that literally has sh-t in its food areas.

Ehhh....I just prefer to NOT think about how disgusting the food I'm eating and overpaying for is. So long as I don't see them making it without gloves or something I'm fine. Ignorance is bliss

Ehhh....I just prefer to NOT think about how disgusting the food I'm eating and overpaying for is. So long as I don't see them making it without gloves or something I'm fine. Ignorance is bliss

Until you contract mad cow disease, of course.

Just another reason I avoid eating at arenas, overpriced and not safe to eat...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100725/stadiumconcessions

Prudential Center

New Jersey Devils

Vendors with critical violations: 6%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors noted that at one location, the person in charge "did not demonstrate adequate knowledge of food safety," and the sink lacked soap and paper towels, and there was no sanitizer solution.

Giants Stadium

New York Giants, New York Jets (former)

Inspection report excerpt: Managers tossed 20 pounds of ground beef after inspectors cited them for letting partially grilled burgers with raw centers sit at unsafe temperatures for three hours before final cooking.

Izod Center

New Jersey Nets

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found a seemingly spoiled and "odorous" can of cherry ice cream topping that had been left opened and uncovered in an unrefrigerated storage cabinet.

Meadowlands Stadium

New York Giants, New York Jets

Vendors with critical violations: N.A.

Inspection report excerpt: New stadium. No inspection records available at the time of request.

Citi Field

New York Mets

Vendors with critical violations: 45%

Inspection report excerpt: Inspectors found 20 pounds of grilled chicken registered at 70 degrees in a refrigerator, about 30 degrees warmer than allowed.

Madison Square Garden

New York Islanders

Yankee Stadium

New York Yankees

Vendors with critical violations: 48%

Inspection report excerpt: Five hot dogs registered 91 degrees in a hot-holding unit when they were supposed to be no cooler than 140. Inspectors also had a vendor dump a bottle of Chivas Regal whiskey containing dead fruit flies.

I dont think I have ever eaten at a sporting event. When I was younger my parents used to sneak food and drinks in :whistling:

Edited by grcenter47

I just assume every place I go out to eat at isn't the cleanest. Since I've been doing it my whole life, obviously the results aren't too bad. Unless I'm growing my own food I'm trusting a lot of people along the way to place my foods safety above their own personal wants and needs. I don't think it's realistic that they're going to be as diligent looking after my food as they would their own. So since all food is going to be risky in some fashion, I can choose to eat any of them.

I just assume every place I go out to eat at isn't the cleanest. Since I've been doing it my whole life, obviously the results aren't too bad. Unless I'm growing my own food I'm trusting a lot of people along the way to place my foods safety above their own personal wants and needs. I don't think it's realistic that they're going to be as diligent looking after my food as they would their own. So since all food is going to be risky in some fashion, I can choose to eat any of them.

The rat excrement one at MSG is just scary :puke:

The rat excrement one at MSG is just scary :puke:

If you eat out in NYC you've probably eaten at a place with mouse crap everywhere. Heck, if you eat out in general you've probably been at a place with mice, rats, and/or roaches in the back.

If you eat out in NYC you've probably eaten at a place with mouse crap everywhere. Heck, if you eat out in general you've probably been at a place with mice, rats, and/or roaches in the back.

You are probably right. I remember on FOX when they showed Gordon Ramsey visiting restaurants that were struggling and he helped them out, the conditions of some of them were disgusting

If i can't see it , then its not there.

"If you want the best in fine dining and exemplary service, amidst elegant ambience without leaving Madison Square Garden..."

www.thegarden.com

my favorite was the verizon center washington DC with 100% of vendors in violation. "Mice droppings, a critical violation in Washington, were found at at least 10 vendors."

Edited by devalxc

"If you want the best in fine dining and exemplary service, amidst elegant ambience without leaving Madison Square Garden..."

www.thegarden.com

If you're favorite movie is Ratatouille and you'd like a similar dining experience...think Madison Square Garden...

www.thegarden.com

If you're favorite movie is Ratatouille and you'd like a similar dining experience...think Madison Square Garden...

www.thegarden.com

Hey at least they steam cleaned the rats in that movie.

MSG - HAHAHAHAHA!!! maybe that's where the ranjerks fans get their disease of belligerence - that, or just that they are always drunk

Rangers fans will probably justify it by saying that mouse poo is just one price you have to pay in order to have a classy old time hockey venue like MSG.

www.thegarden.com

my favorite was the verizon center washington DC with 100% of vendors in violation. "Mice droppings, a critical violation in Washington, were found at at least 10 vendors."

:giggle:

So true. While good restaurants won't have much of any of those three and definitely won't allow them to get in the food, every restaurant deals with those problems. If you are afraid to eat the food at the stadium, you shouldn't go out to eat anywhere.

The Rangers eat sh!t every year and now their fans do, too.

I personally haven't had a problem with the food at "The Rock" anybody ever have any bad experiences???