Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ao814

NHL on NBC schedule for 2010-11 (3 Devils Games)

28 posts in this topic

Yay 3 games!

What is that 3 more than last year?

Let's take what we can get.. Maybe if we won on national TV ever they'd give us more airtime

Yeah right look at the teams we are playing!! We'll get bumped every time!

Yeah saying we have 3 games on NBC isn't entirely true, we've got the possibility. We're certainly not getting picked for the first two (one is up against Rangers/Flyers and the other's up against a Stanley Cup Final rematch).

I'm confused, I know the networks will often have regional coverage of several games in the same time slot in order to maximize ratings, but this schedule reads like they are showing a double header on March 20 and a triple header on April 3rd? That's not possible is it? Maybe these are just the times that were set prior to being selected as the NBC game.

Edited by PhillyDevil

Six teams will appear on VERSUS 11 times in 2010-11 - Washington, Pittsburgh, NY Rangers, Detroit, Chicago and Boston

Six teams will appear on VERSUS 11 times in 2010-11 - Washington, Pittsburgh, NY Rangers, Detroit, Chicago and Boston

— NHL (@NHL)

August 25, 2010

I would rather be on MSG than VERSUS. I like Doc and Chico together. VERSUS only has Doc signed.

Wow. I think that NBC just likes toying with us. Because there's no way more than 1 of these games gets chosen.

Florida? Columbus? NBC? :unsure: Its like NBC is getting ready from the off to drop us from their coverage.

Edited by devlman

Florida? Columbus? NBC? :unsure: Its like NBC is getting ready from the off to drop us from their coverage.

And the Boston game is up against Detroit-Chicago. Gee... wonder who NBC picks...

Yea we have exactly 0% chance of actually being on NBC for any of those games. As horrible a lineup as it gets.

the only chance we have is the Boston game. seriously, unless we were matched against Pittsburgh or Washington it's not even worth thinking about.

hell, NBC didnt even choose us at the end of the 08 season when it was a pretty meaningful game, against the Rangers, for playoff positioning.

Yeah right look at the teams we are playing!! We'll get bumped every time!

Just like we did for the Sharks game. Which ended up being 10 times more exciting than the Rangers game we got bumped for :)

I'd be shocked if any Devils game makes it to NBC this season.

Mike

hahaha way to pick the sh!ttiest games we will play nbc, i hope they have a flex penguins game they can sneak in with cindy.

Florida? Columbus? Even Boston is a bit of a head-scratcher.

I expected something like Philly, Pittsburgh, New York, etc...

This will never happen. The only game that has a chance maybe Boston because they are a big TV market.

Are you kidding?! Florida vs. NJ is the game of the year :rolleyes:

Let get my TiVo ready :giggle:

Sun Jan 23, 2011 FLORIDA NEW JERSEY 3:00 PM ET

Sun Mar 20, 2011 NEW JERSEY COLUMBUS 5:00 PM ET

Sun Apr 10, 2011 BOSTON NEW JERSEY 3:00 PM ET

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?network=nbc&cmpid=nhl-twt-nhl

i am surprised we got this many. i think only the boston vs new jersey one will air haha

i would love to see columbus though cuz i have yet to see Nash play live

You know it! I am sure some people here will feel that signing Steve Bernier is going to have a huge impact on attendance and TV ratings in Florida.