Francesca & The Cup

Jimmy Leeds

Long story short........

Mike Haviland was at Bar A Friday when WFAN was broadcasting. Fat Boy had a 35 minute on air window with no guests, just calls. One of Bar A's owners goes to Fa Boy and tells him Haviland is there, local guy makes good wins cup.....yada yada yada.......nice local story, right?

FatBoys reaction.........."I hate hockey and I ain't wasting my time..........."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story short........

Mike Haviland was at Bar A Friday when WFAN was broadcasting. Fat Boy had a 35 minute on air window with no guests, just calls. One of Bar A's owners goes to Fa Boy and tells him Haviland is there, local guy makes good wins cup.....yada yada yada.......nice local story, right?

FatBoys reaction.........."I hate hockey and I ain't wasting my time..........."

I'm confused...you were there and heard him say that? Or he said that on the air?

I'm confused...you were there and heard him say that? Or he said that on the air?

Haviland was there with friends of mine......(I do not know him) and my buddy told me the story tonight, five minutes before I posted it. They gave Tubby a lot of sh*t when he walked by. It's true if that's what you're asking.

Haviland was there with friends of mine......(I do not know him) and my buddy told me the story tonight, five minutes before I posted it. They gave Tubby a lot of sh*t when he walked by. It's true if that's what you're asking.

I wasn't doubting you, just didn't understand the first post. What an ass.

Mike Francesca isn't lying. it would def be a waste of everyones time if he attempted talking hockey. he was doing everyone a favor

The douche spends endless hours on horses for God's sake.

Local guy makes good................he's all about the Jersey Shore one day a year, right?...........makes a good interview.

Long story short........

i am not surprised. they never talk hockey on wfan and the few who do (Boomer and Steve Somers) talk about the Rangers. He said on the air a while ago that he doesnt follow hockey or doesnt know much about it.

i am not surprised. they never talk hockey on wfan and the few who do (Boomer and Steve Somers) talk about the Rangers. He said on the air a while ago that he doesnt follow hockey or doesnt know much about it.

Not the point........but whatever already. Haviland wasn't planned, but Mikey talked to these "tryout for the FAN" contestants how they have to be spontaneous......and he couldn't do it on a local feel good relevant story.

And 95% of his audience hates horsey racing and couldn't give 2 sh!ts about golf but he still talks about that garbage.

it's ok that you don't like hockey, but you're only limiting yourself among your audience by ignoring it.

Honestly I know get that golf has a legit audience...but for ESPN and talk radio hosts like Francesca to put golf and horse racing (which is a niche sport at best) ahead of one of the core four sports? It's embarassing. I wish NHL network had offseason coverage.

Have you actually ran down what these people put ahead of hockey? Poker, horse racing, eating, WNBA, golf, tennis! Something tells me that if there was "competitive staring contests." ESPN and sports talk radio hosts would put THAT ahead of hockey as well.