Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devlman

Liberty to Play Three Seasons at the Pru

15 posts in this topic

http://www.nj.com/rutgerswomen/index.ssf/2010/09/wnbas_new_york_liberty_will_pl.html

The WNBA’s New York Liberty is moving across the Hudson River to New Jersey — at least for a little while.

One of the most popular franchises in the league, the Liberty will play the next three seasons starting next summer at the Prudential Center in Newark, according to a person close to the team who wished to remain anonymous because this person is not authorized to speak for the Liberty.

The team will play in Newark while Madison Square Garden undergoes a multimillion dollar renovation.

No better time for Newark show it's potential than right now.

Devils, Nets. Liberty, Pirates all playing in the same building. Plus a few concerts in the mix. hopefully this solidify Newark as an "entertemaint" city

* I'm Littllle drunk sorry for the misppeled

you can never go wrong with Rebecca Lobo

Anybody see that airball in the Liberty game the other night? They had it on ESPN Not Top 10 this morning lol it had to be one of the worst shots ever taken in pro sports.

Liberty will probably out draw the Nets at the Rock.

Mike

What are the other MSG teams doing during this time?

WNBA plays in the summer, which is when they're working on the renovations at MSG, requiring them to move until it's done. They won't be renovating during the winter months, so the Rangers and Knicks will still be playing at MSG.

If youre a devils fan you should be thrilled...its more money in jvb's pocket, and more visitors to the Pru.

I bet literally tens of fans are thrilled about this.

The Liberty, from what I've read, are one of the top drawing teams in the WNBA. We're not talking NBA/NHL crowds, but certainly more than the Ironmen were drawing. And it's not particularly inconvenient for their fans to jump a train and come two stops into NJ, so I don't think their crowds will drop off much in Newark.

Meh, I guess I should be happy that the Rock has another tenant, but in actuality, all that stands out to me is that we have yet another NY team playing here.

Don't like it.

Meh, I guess I should be happy that the Rock has another tenant, but in actuality, all that stands out to me is that we have yet another NY team playing here.

Don't like it.

Well I the Liberty probably had 99.9% fans from New York anyway. But now that they are comign to Jersey for 3 years I can see their attendance going up with Jersey fans going to see them.