2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Wow..

..got a text from a buddy of mine, and just confirmed it. (and I can't believe I missed this)

Between the span of today, and November 6th (Week 9).. the Jets play a total of only 2 home games?!

Now how the flying fvck does that word?! :angry:

First off, your team has a bye week in that span. They also played their first two games at home.

Jets' sched:

2 home games (done), 3 road games, 2 more home games, then bye week, then away-home-away-home-away-home-away-home-away.

So basically the Jets over the next seven weeks have four away games, two home games and their bye week. Pats have a similar four-out-of-six on the road stretch from Nov 13 to Dec 18, and that's after their bye week. Ravens also have a four-out-of-six on the road later in the season, with no bye, and the Bills have a four-out-of-five span on the road (again, no bye), and those are the only three teams I bothered to look up. It's not like the schedule-makers screwed the Jets.

I'll give you that having three straight road games sucks a little, but the Jets have been a great road team the past two seasons, and least it's happening early in the season.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

• 2 weeks later...

Can ANYONE bring down the fvcking QB?! Seriously, what the hell. We've had Flacco dead to rights at least 2 or 3 times already only to let him finagle out of a sack.

I know, it's really pissing me off. It's looks like guys are printing in, trying to lay a super hit, then Flacco can just step away from it and keep playing.

Sanchez is getting destroyed as a result of the offensive line getting ass raped right now.

I miss Nick Mangold. :(

Edit: Haha, Flacco just gave David Harris a gift INT TD. Thanks Joe! I would say that's a nice spark but I'm not sure it's going to help the o-line do any better.

Edited by nmigliore

Can ANYONE bring down the fvcking QB?! Seriously, what the hell. We've had Flacco dead to rights at least 2 or 3 times already only to let him finagle out of a sack.

..upper management (starting with Tannenbaum) gets the failing grade for this season. Not even close!

They believed in the carpenter, (Ryan) -vs- the tools. They took the personnel off a defense that brought them to two AFC title games.. and dismantled it. They let 10 UFA's on defense walk (5 of which off the front seven) and made the conscious decision to supplement ALL the losses, with Tom Dick & Harry from the draft.. never once thinking about putting their hand in their pocket for anyone. (other than Nnamdi) They seemingly had no Plan B, and now they're paying for it.

Simply put.. they gambled, and they lost.

-------------

EDIT: I wonder after getting utterly exposed over these last 2 weeks.. if Mike, Rex, & Woody, now look back at this offseason, and lament the losses of Ellis.. or Pryce.. or Coleman.. or Ihedigbo.. or Taylor? (who has as many sacks this season, as our beloved Muhammad Wilkerson) Or if they still sit there, defiantly pleased with their decisions.. plugging Jamaal Westerman.. Kenrick Ellis.. Marcus Dixon.. Josh Mauga.. and everyone else down our fvcking throat??

Edited by Beezer34

..upper management (starting with Tannenbaum) gets the failing grade for this season. Not even close!

They believed in the carpenter, (Ryan) -vs- the tools. They took the personnel off a defense that brought them to two AFC title games.. and dismantled it. They let 10 UFA's on defense walk (5 of which off the front seven) and made the conscious decision to supplement ALL the losses, with Tom Dick & Harry from the draft.. never once thinking about putting their hand in their pocket for anyone. (other than Nnamdi) They seemingly had no Plan B, and now they're paying for it.

Simply put.. they gambled, and they lost.

-------------

EDIT: I wonder after getting utterly exposed over these last 2 weeks.. if Mike, Rex, & Woody, now look back at this offseason, and lament the losses of Ellis.. or Pryce.. or Coleman.. or Ihedigbo.. or Taylor? (who has as many sacks this season, as our beloved Muhammad Wilkerson) Or if they still sit there, defiantly pleased with their decisions.. plugging Jamaal Westerman.. Kenrick Ellis.. Marcus Dixon.. Josh Mauga.. and everyone else down our fvcking throat??

Agree. Your offensive line used to be great with Fanaca leading the young guys, but the Jets seems to have gone the

"penny wise " route.

And it didn't even look like that bad of an injury, initially his return was questionable

I don't know if they can keep Sanchez upright all year. I've never seen the Jets this porous in pass AND run blocking since the mid 90's. I mean literally every blitzer coming off the edge gets to our QB in 2 seconds.

8-8 is looking pretty likely right about now

Edited by '7'

And it didn't even look like that bad of an injury, initially his return was questionable

I don't know if they can keep Sanchez upright all year. I've never seen the Jets this porous in pass AND run blocking since the mid 90's. I mean literally every blitzer coming off the edge gets to our QB in 2 seconds.

8-8 is looking pretty likely right about now

I thought 8-8 was pretty realistic. Sanchez is more of a scapegoat because of management's poor decision of not getting depth on the line to protect the more expensive players. The offense is more "grounded and pounded" by opposition Defenses.

but NE's O is just on another level.

Unfortunately, so is NE's defense (in a horrific way). This team reminds me of the 2000 St. Louis Rams (540 PF, 471 PA)...they went 10-6. I could see the Pats winding up with similar PF-PA numbers.

Predictions Jets fans for this weekend?

31-27 Patriots..

..thus, the Jets will abandon their; "STRICTLY IN-HOUSE.. We don't put our hand in out pocket anymore" mentality, and go out and promptly sign Crumpler, O'Hara, Green, Banta-Cain, Sharper, and everyone and anyone they can (in militant panic mode) when they finally realize.. *A. Their "in-house gambling" has been a two of a kind bluff from the beginning.. and *B. THEY'RE NEARLY 9 MILLION UNDER THE FVCKING CAP!!

Ultimately, it will be too little too late.

31-27 Patriots..

..thus, the Jets will abandon their; "STRICTLY IN-HOUSE.. We don't put our hand in out pocket anymore" mentality, and go out and promptly sign Crumpler, O'Hara, Green, Banta-Cain, Sharper, and everyone and anyone they can (in militant panic mode) when they finally realize.. *A. Their "in-house gambling" has been a two of a kind bluff from the beginning.. and *B. THEY'RE NEARLY 9 MILLION UNDER THE FVCKING CAP!!

Ultimately, it will be too little too late.

I actually think it will be a lowing scoring game: Jets 17-13

Since when are the Jets nine million under the cap? And there's a reason all those guys are on the street in Week 5 of the season and not with someone else's team by now.

I thought they should have addressed the o-line more in the draft, since there weren't a lot of answers there in FA but our last OL draft pick hasn't exactly worked out too well so...and I can't understand why Wayne Hunter's been so useless this year when last year he was lauded for his work filling in late in the season and during the playoffs. Maybe he got out of shape during the lockout?

They chose to address the d-line in the draft and get younger there...really it's not as if any of the guys the Jets let go on D are doing all that great elsewhere. You can't keep everyone forever in a cap world, and especially older players.

I thought they should have addressed the o-line more in the draft, since there weren't a lot of answers there in FA but our last OL draft pick hasn't exactly worked out too well so...and I can't understand why Wayne Hunter's been so useless this year when last year he was lauded for his work filling in late in the season and during the playoffs. Maybe he got out of shape during the lockout?

They chose to address the d-line in the draft and get younger there...really it's not as if any of the guys the Jets let go on D are doing all that great elsewhere. You can't keep everyone forever in a cap world, and especially older players.

Speaking from experience, the Jets Offense is a team that has lost their identity and just made some bad decisions this off-season.

When you had Richardson, Fanica, and TJ along with a great young corps on the line in Mangold and Ferguson you guys were intimadating.

Your line hasn't been as good since, even though you have a great O-Line coach in Callahan. The drafting has been as good on either line of scrimage.

Not having a real preseason with a whole new receiving corps doesn't help either.

I feel sorry for Sanchez as he is being scapegoated for this.

Edited by MantaRay

Since when are the Jets nine million under the cap?

Since July 22nd, Has..

http://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream/status/121274377445715968

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/updated-cap-numbers-as-of-monday/related/

..and the point I was making was less about signing guys like Banta-Cain, and more about acting too little, too late.

Whether it was making a move to draft higher, signing some of the free agents that were available at the time, (both outside and in-house) or a delve into a trade.. the point is; NOTHING was done to supplement! Absolutely nothing!

You cannot lose Ellis, Pryce, Taylor, Jenkins, and now, Thomas, off the front seven and continue to promote from within. It doesn't work that way.

The Brashton Satele gamble, absolutely blew up in their face this season. In 8 games played last year, Josh Mauga did nothing! (and is picking up, right where he left off) For 2 years, Dixon has shown nothing. Westerman has been here for 3 years, and has done little. (and although Jet nation now believes that Aaron Maybin is the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor.. he's not the answer either)

If these players were capable, they would've shown it by now. Instead, upper management got penny wise, and dollar foolish.. trying to spin-sell to the consumer that; "these players are the answers" hoping the opposing team buys into the bull$hit aswell.

When you had Richardson, Fanica, and TJ along with a great young corps on the line in Mangold and Ferguson you guys were intimadating.

..dead on!

Again, not to beat a dead-horse.. the Jets gambled.. and the Jets lost.

The Connor > Richardson decision was a step back. The Mason > Cotchery decision was a step back. The Plaxico > Braylon.. the Conley > Weatherford.. Mulligan > Hartsock.. Cook > Ihedigbo.. you can go on and on.

The Jets got cheap this year.. the fans pay for it.

Edited by Beezer34

A) July 22 was before FA iirc, and I don't ever believe everything I read about the cap anyway. Supposedly we had zero cap room coming into the offeason and managed to re-sign Santonio, Cromartie and go after Asomugha as well as give Harris a long-term deal.

B) The Jets always get accused of being cheap and they always spend at or close to the cap. They didn't get cheaper as much as they got younger (except at WR, which is mercenary central). Which eventually you have to do in the NFL, there's no getting around it. Again, it's not as if a lot of the guys the Jets let go are doing great elsewhere or even playing. You need good talent evaluation to eventually replace people, and this offseason Tanny didn't hit on a lot of his choices.

C) You have to maintain a little cap flexibility since every contract seems to escalate year-by-year. The Jets may be $8-9 million under now but that could change next year just by keeping the same roster.

And as far as today's game, Schotty's gotta go once and for all. If you can't do any better than one lousy TD drive (non-aided by a McKnight return) in the first three plus quarters against the worst defense in football, that's an embarassment. Not to mention it's a pretty mean feat when you have all three receivers mutinying against you, though Santonio's been a grumpy **** and underachieved ever since getting the big money in general. It's a lot different when you have a malcontent signed long-term than it is when he and Braylon were on one-year deals last year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Don't worry Jet fans- even if you lose this week, you have an easy win on the schedule for next week. Suck for Luck baby!!! :P

don't believe that for 1 second...dolphins coming off a bye, nothing to lose, no pressure on them this season...all the pressure on the jets in front of an angry home crowd.