2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

don't believe that for 1 second...dolphins coming off a bye, nothing to lose, no pressure on them this season...all the pressure on the jets in front of an angry home crowd.

I think the Jets will do to the Dolphins what they did to Jacksonville. I can't see how the Dolphins can possibly win that game, even with nothing to lose and coming off a bye.

don't believe that for 1 second...dolphins coming off a bye, nothing to lose, no pressure on them this season...all the pressure on the jets in front of an angry home crowd.

Yeah, with Matt Moore at QB. I expect the Jets to do to Moore what they did to Luke McCown. If they don't, you guys are a hell of a lot sorrier than even I thought.

I think the Jets will do to the Dolphins what they did to Jacksonville. I can't see how the Dolphins can possibly win that game, even with nothing to lose and coming off a bye.

Haha, I read this after I just posted almost the same thing. This game is a win-win for me- if the Fins do win the game somehow, I get the satisfaction of an unexpected victory over the hated Jets. If the Fins lose, we're that much closer to the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. No way I can be disappointed.

Haha, I read this after I just posted almost the same thing. This game is a win-win for me- if the Fins do win the game somehow, I get the satisfaction of an unexpected victory over the hated Jets. If the Fins lose, we're that much closer to the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. No way I can be disappointed.

Yeah but you know somehow we're gonna screw this up. Either we'll end up with the #2 pick or we'll end up with #1 and take some crazy LB who's third cousin is friends with a Phin scout. I'm on board with the whole Suck for Luck thing...but I just don't see us being that fortunate.

And to bring this back on topic...the Monday game is gonna go 1 of 2 ways, either it'll be a close loss by the Jets as the Phins manage to scrape together a FG for the win...or once the score hits 56 Jets, 3 Phins, even Rex starts feeling bad for the Phins and lets them get a couple of mercy touchdowns in the 4th.

Yeah but you know somehow we're gonna screw this up. Either we'll end up with the #2 pick or we'll end up with #1 and take some crazy LB who's third cousin is friends with a Phin scout. I'm on board with the whole Suck for Luck thing...but I just don't see us being that fortunate.

And to bring this back on topic...the Monday game is gonna go 1 of 2 ways, either it'll be a close loss by the Jets as the Phins manage to scrape together a FG for the win...or once the score hits 56 Jets, 3 Phins, even Rex starts feeling bad for the Phins and lets them get a couple of mercy touchdowns in the 4th.

Not worried about it. If we have the #1 pick, we'll take Luck. It won't matter who's in charge, that's just common sense. I'm more worried that we'll fvck it up by winning meaningless games. I've had enough, I want Luck- I don't care if we have to go 0-16. Fine by me. I'll be laughing in 5 years. So if the Jets win Monday night, its most likely in our long-term best interest.

but there will be competition in the race to the bottom for Luck.

Minnesota and Denver could be major players. No future in McNabb or Tebow

Colts are 0-5, Manning is 35...who knows what his future might be. They may want to start fresh.

but there will be competition in the race to the bottom for Luck.

Minnesota and Denver could be major players. No future in McNabb or Tebow

Colts are 0-5, Manning is 35...who knows what his future might be. They may want to start fresh.

Of course there's competition, that's why every loss is so important. Luck is a once-in-a-generation type of talent, which is why I'm willing to lose 'em all to make it happen. The Colts should at least beat Jacksonville with Painter at QB, and Minnesota has invested in Ponder for the future. Denver worries me though, and so does KC. Those are must-lose games for us. Matt Moore took Carolina to the #1 pick, so I'm hopeful he can do the same for us.

Edited by MadDog2020

Of course there's competition, that's why every loss is so important. Luck is a once-in-a-generation type of talent, which is why I'm willing to lose 'em all to make it happen. The Colts should at least beat Jacksonville with Painter at QB, and Minnesota has invested in Ponder for the future. Denver worries me though, and so does KC. Those are must-lose games for us. Matt Moore took Carolina to the #1 pick, so I'm hopeful he can do the same for us.

I think the Colts are tanking it just as bad. It takes a special kinda suck to lose a 17 point lead to the Chiefs. I think this is gonna be the one year where at the end of the season there are gonna be a bunch of 0-16 or 1-15 teams.

The last few games of teams trying to get the first overall pick will be something special to watch. How many times you think Moore can pass to the OTHER team before it looks like a tank job?

I think the Colts are tanking it just as bad. It takes a special kinda suck to lose a 17 point lead to the Chiefs. I think this is gonna be the one year where at the end of the season there are gonna be a bunch of 0-16 or 1-15 teams.

The last few games of teams trying to get the first overall pick will be something special to watch. How many times you think Moore can pass to the OTHER team before it looks like a tank job?

Well, the only 3 teams without a win are the Dolphins, Indy, and St. Louis. I'm sure Indy and St. Louis will win at least one game each, seeing as how both play in sh!tty divisions (and we don't need to worry about the Rams anyway, because they have Bradford). The Fins have to lose the Denver and KC games, and we *should* be home free. There are no other games I can see us winning with Matt Moore at QB.

Edited by MadDog2020

Not sure how much I like this. We're only talking about the 3rd WR on the depth chart, and I know Mason hasn't fit in too well so far (both on and off the field) but I think he's pretty consistent, reliable WR. They must think he just doesn't have much left in the tank (he is 37, after all) and is too much of a locker room distraction while believing Kerley could at least replicate what Mason is giving them but with more upside. We'll see.

Edit: Also, the Ravens did cut Mason in the offseason, so it's not like the Jets would be the only team who believes he's finished.

Good move for the Texans to at least bring in a warm body in Andre Johnson's absence. Even though Mason isn't worth doing flips over, they are depleted at WR without Johnson.

Edited by nmigliore

..good God, what a season.

Mason was supposed to be a supplemental signing for the loss of J'Co. Now all the Jets did was lose Cotchery, Edwards, Mason, and Smith.. for Plaxico in return? :huh:

This may be the worst season for the Jets (as far as transactional moves.. or lack there of) since the 1992 season.

Stay cheap fella's.. just stay the course! :clap2:

..good God, what a season.

Mason was supposed to be a supplemental signing for the loss of J'Co. Now all the Jets did was lose Cotchery, Edwards, Mason, and Smith.. for Plaxico in return? :huh:

Can't say I disagree. I think Plax had/has more upside than Edwards, but I think people overlook(ed) the fact his last, full, productive NFL season was 4 years ago (2007), and he's now 34 years old. Edwards, meanwhile, was coming off of a good year, entering his age 28 season, with a good rapport with Sanchez and the Jets' offense. He only signed for 1 year/$1M with incentives too while Plax got like 1 year at $3M+. Even though Edwards is currently hurt, I would prefer him. I'm hopeful Burress gets more involved but he's only on pace for about 40 catches and 650 yards, which is the kind of numbers Edwards put up in his down season in 2009.

Edited by nmigliore

For the record Moore only got into a handful games last year before his season ended. Terrible injuries and the great Jimmy Clausen, who played most of the season, took the Panthers to the #1 pick.

Matt Moore isn't that bad. He finished the 2009 season exceptionally well.

Can't say I disagree. I think Plax had/has more upside than Edwards, but I think people overlook(ed) the fact his last, full, productive NFL season was 4 years ago (2007), and he's now 34 years old. Edwards, meanwhile, was coming off of a good year, entering his age 28 season, with a good rapport with Sanchez and the Jets' offense. He only signed for 1 year/$1M with incentives too while Plax got like 1 year at $3M+. Even though Edwards is currently hurt, I would prefer him. I'm hopeful Burress gets more involved but he's only on pace for about 40 catches and 650 yards, which is the kind of numbers Edwards put up in his down season in 2009.

"People don't realize his value, but signing Derrick Mason is HUGE" > Rex Ryan, Aug 2011

Mason was a great player for us last year, so I know he isn't finished. He will help Houston....just not this week.

I would rather have Edwards than Plax, especially in a shortened pre-season.

I think the trading of Mason was a bit knee jerk...because he wasn't doing all that poorly numbers wise as a 3 receiver...but ultimately it could serve as a wakeup call for the rest of the team.

would like us to maybe kick the tires of either chris chambers or tj houshmanzadeh

For the record Moore only got into a handful games last year before his season ended. Terrible injuries and the great Jimmy Clausen, who played most of the season, took the Panthers to the #1 pick.

Matt Moore isn't that bad. He finished the 2009 season exceptionally well.

DR, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Moore's final stat line read something like 3 TD's to 11 INT's last year? That's terrible. In any event, hopefully he sucks enough to help us get Luck.

DR, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Moore's final stat line read something like 3 TD's to 11 INT's last year? That's terrible. In any event, hopefully he sucks enough to help us get Luck.

To be fair, he said 2009, and he was pretty good that year. He did flat out suck last year, which kind of negates a lot of what he did in 2009, IMO.

Edited by nmigliore

I think the trading of Mason was a bit knee jerk...because he wasn't doing all that poorly numbers wise as a 3 receiver...but ultimately it could serve as a wakeup call for the rest of the team.

would like us to maybe kick the tires of either chris chambers or tj houshmanzadeh

Agreed. Definately a wake-up call. But If the O-line is the problem (and IMHO it is), not sure how getting rid of a quality receiver solves this.

Both CC and TJ are trying out in SF, but again they will prove to be ineffective as well: If Sanchez still doesn't have time to throw, and the fact that it is October and no time to get used to each other.

Edited by MantaRay

To be fair, he said 2009, and he was pretty good that year. He did flat out suck last year, which kind of negates a lot of what he did in 2009, IMO.

Yeah, I saw that he said 2009- but you're right, Moore's terribly sucktastic 2010 wipes out his respectable 2009.

Rex said he was gonna catch 90 passes...only came up about 80 short :P

I'm fine with the trade, especially since Mason was an *** and you really can't have that and be the #3 WR on a team (especially being a vet who can influence people), but the Jets are basically insulting everyone's intelligence here. Saying you would have kept him had Houston not called is ridiculous...so a conditional seventh-round pick was the difference between keeping him and sending him packing? Please, and saying it was because of performance was also disingenous at best.

If they were doing it to send a message, they certainly sent it half-heartedly. If you don't want to air dirty laundry just frigging admit a change was needed and end it at that. Don't try to invent an excuse, they pulled the same thing with the Braylon Edwards DUI and claimed they weren't allowed to suspend him when in fact they could have, just not taking his game check away, Mason would have had better numbers on a team where he wasn't the #3 WR and the OL wasn't getting Sanchez killed every five seconds.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Rex said he was gonna catch 90 passes...only came up about 80 short :P

I'm fine with the trade, especially since Mason was an *** and you really can't have that and be the #3 WR on a team (especially being a vet who can influence people), but the Jets are basically insulting everyone's intelligence here. Saying you would have kept him had Houston not called is ridiculous...so a conditional seventh-round pick was the difference between keeping him and sending him packing? Please, and saying it was because of performance was also disingenous at best.

If they were doing it to send a message, they certainly sent it half-heartedly. If you don't want to air dirty laundry just frigging admit a change was needed and end it at that. Don't try to invent an excuse, they pulled the same thing with the Braylon Edwards DUI and claimed they weren't allowed to suspend him when in fact they could have, just not taking his game check away, Mason would have had better numbers on a team where he wasn't the #3 WR and the OL wasn't getting Sanchez killed every five seconds.

jets are a mess. tim ryan was just on and he says he predicts 7 - 9 for the jets. if they keep playinglike there playing, im saying 6 - 10

jets are a mess. tim ryan was just on and he says he predicts 7 - 9 for the jets. if they keep playinglike there playing, im saying 6 - 10

They had two 3-game losing streaks in '09 (they lost 6 of 7), with a rookie QB, but still got into the playoffs and made noise upon getting there. I can't write them off yet, much as I'd love to.

They had two 3-game losing streaks in '09 (they lost 6 of 7), with a rookie QB, but still got into the playoffs and made noise upon getting there. I can't write them off yet, much as I'd love to.

that was diff cr. jets fans will even tell u that. that team isnt the same as this one.

that was diff cr. jets fans will even tell u that. that team isnt the same as this one.

I hear what you're saying...just got a feeling that this year isn't lost for them just yet.