2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

I'm of 2 minds thus-far with the Jets. Obviously apart of me wishes we were 3-1, because the 49ers did everything in their power to hand us the game. Yet another part of me says: hey.. when I looked at the schedule in July, I had us @ 3-3 after 6 games.

Ryan at this point should be real with his team, and tell them to just take care of the teams they need to take care of.. and hopefully at least 2 upsets. If the Jets beat the Bills, Rams, Colts, Miami, Jacksonville, & Tennessee.. then all they would need to do is steal 2 games.. because 10-6 will get them in. Sh!t, they may only need to steal 1 game, because the way the AFC looks, 9-7 could get them a wildcard.

Admittedly, I think it's hard to see the Jets winning 10 games...but then I look at their schedule, which really isn't that bad after Houston (the only game on the sched that I say with 100% certainty "No way the Jets win that one!"). I don't think they'll beat the Pats this year, mostly because they simply don't have the personnel to take advantage of the Patriots' weaknesses...had the Jets still had Revis in the fold, I would've given them a shot to split with the Pats...but I can't entirely rule out the Patriots losing one of those. The other 9 games on the schedule, minus the two Patriot games and the Houston game, really aren't too bad...the Jets gets Arizona in their building, and in December, which could equalize the footing in that one.

The funny thing is, whether it's with Tebow or Sanchez, the Jets need to steal a page from the Broncos' playbook last season...find a way to win these games, no matter how fugly it gets...do what Denver's D did last season, and step it up over a six week period or so, where the offense only has to put around 20 points or so on the board to win...Denver's D helped Tebow out by scoring some points themselves, creating turnovers, etc. If the Jets can't beat the Pats, they can probably forget about winning the division, but if they can fugly their way to 8 or 9 wins, yeah, a wild card berth could happen. But I think it's on the D at this point...I don't think the Jet offense will be the ones to step up.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Yeah, the Jets won't be favored in half their remaining games, but there's still a lot of win-ugly potential. They'll be facing the (current ranks) 29th, 27th, 31st, and 32nd ranked offenses (Jets are 28th). They'll struggle against teams with capable offenses (Houston, New England, and yes, even the Bills and Dolphins, whose offenses are 11th and 9th in the NFL, respectively), but the Jets under Rex have traditionally been an underdog-type driven team. If they can muster something to stop the run and generate a pass rush from their front line, then they'll have a fighting chance.

I guess the important question is whether a 9-7 playoff season is worth it considering that puts you in the middle of the pack draft wise. I mean you're not going after Matt Barkley or QB du jour most likely, but the Jets could benefit from trading down and stockpiling picks to build up the depth.

Yeah, the Jets won't be favored in half their remaining games, but there's still a lot of win-ugly potential. They'll be facing the (current ranks) 29th, 27th, 31st, and 32nd ranked offenses (Jets are 28th). They'll struggle against teams with capable offenses (Houston, New England, and yes, even the Bills and Dolphins, whose offenses are 11th and 9th in the NFL, respectively), but the Jets under Rex have traditionally been an underdog-type driven team. If they can muster something to stop the run and generate a pass rush from their front line, then they'll have a fighting chance.

I guess the important question is whether a 9-7 playoff season is worth it considering that puts you in the middle of the pack draft wise. I mean you're not going after Matt Barkley or QB du jour most likely, but the Jets could benefit from trading down and stockpiling picks to build up the depth.

Sometimes, when you start racking up the fugly wins, confidence can go up, then the wins starts getting prettier.

They'll be facing the (current ranks) 29th, 27th, 31st, and 32nd ranked offenses (Jets are 28th). They'll struggle against teams with capable offenses (Houston, New England, and yes, even the Bills and Dolphins, whose offenses are 11th and 9th in the NFL, respectively), but the Jets under Rex have traditionally been an underdog-type driven team.

..that's the 2 things that people need to understand, the rankings of the teams we're facing.. and have already faced, and when we face these teams. *Example: Jets\Chargers Week 16. --who's to say SD won't be resting their starters for that game?

Say what you will about Miami, but they have the #1 rush-defense in the league! Their front-seven is beastly. Going into Week 5, they're holding opponents to 50 rushing yrds per game! The Steelers defense is ranked 5th in the NFL. The 49ers defense is ranked 3rd. Houston is #1. :wacko: Give me a fvckin' break here! I'm not trying to give the Jets an excuse.. but when you're facing these types of defenses every week, and are without Keller, Hill, Holmes, etc.. what do people expect?! THAT's why I'm still holding out hope here for this team\offense. Because hopefully when Hill & Keller get 100% healthy, we'll be facing Indy, (defense ranked 19th) Tennessee, (defense ranked 31st) Jacksonville, (defense ranked 26th) ..hell, with New England giving up nearly 400 yrds per game, I'd even give us a shot in a shoot-out against them! The Bills defense is ranked 27th.. we put up 50 points on them.. and we still play them again!

Should the Jets get out of these first 8 games .500 or better, they'll have a great chance at finishing 9-7 fighting for a wildcard. They'll be battle tested, and cultivate comradery with eachother.

EDIT: It's not a bad thing that our losses have come with a combined score of 61-10.. it's a good thing. Heartbreak is much harder to get over from, than burying a game so-to-speak. If we were destined to lose to San Francisco, I'm glad it was 34-0 as opposed to 34-31 in OT.

Edited by Beezer34

I can't believe we are even discussing "Jets" and "Playoffs" in the same conversation.

Beating the Pat's twice without Revis???? Not gonna happen. They are more likely to lose to the Bills, Rams, Colts, Miami, Jacksonville, & TennesseeI. The Jets were a borderline playoff team WITH Revis only because they play in a s@#$ty division.

Without Revis they could go winless the rest of the season. Good teams will now be able to play the full field and not worry too much about the pass rush now with recievers being open on that side of the field.

I can't believe we are even discussing "Jets" and "Playoffs" in the same conversation.

Beating the Pat's twice without Revis???? Not gonna happen. They are more likely to lose to the Bills, Rams, Colts, Miami, Jacksonville, & TennesseeI. The Jets were a borderline playoff team WITH Revis only because they play in a s@#$ty division.

Yes I'm talking about the playoffs Manta.. and in this Divison, in this Conference, there's no reason why I shouldn't!

The AFC hasn't been the AFC since 2009. Last season both Cincinnati @ 9-7, and 8-8 Denver were playing in January. Furthermore, YES I'm aware we lost Revis.. but are we the only god-damn team in the league that's going to lose one of their top players due to injury?! :noclue: We've played 4 fvcking games! You're going to have alot of upstart teams crash & burn due to injury down the road. Not-to-mention the teams that look sexy now, show their true colors in a couple weeks. The Bills opened their season @ 5-1 last year, before ending @ 6-10. Do you really think Arizona (a team the Jets still play this year) who have won 3 of their games by 3 points or less, is on the same level as a 4-0 team like the Texans??

EDIT: And I never said we would beat the Pats 2x this season. But if their defense keeps lingering near 30th in the NFL, I could see us stealing a 33-28 game. Points don't get entirely scored by the offense bro. Week 1 proved that for the Jets.

Edited by Beezer34

It's early in the season...we're a big reason those teams are rated so high on defense lol.

Very true

..rest assured, Pittsburgh, Houston, and the 49ers will all be Top 5 defenses at the end of the year.. and it will have more to do with the 15 other games they played. :rolleyes:

Edited by Beezer34

Yes I'm talking about the playoffs Manta.. and in this Divison, in this Conference, there's no reason why I shouldn't!

The AFC hasn't been the AFC since 2009. Last season both Cincinnati @ 9-7, and 8-8 Denver were playing in January. Furthermore, YES I'm aware we lost Revis.. but are we the only god-damn team in the league that's going to lose one of their top players due to injury?! :noclue: We've played 4 fvcking games! You're going to have alot of upstart teams crash & burn due to injury down the road. Not-to-mention the teams that look sexy now, show their true colors in a couple weeks. The Bills opened their season @ 5-1 last year, before ending @ 6-10. Do you really think Arizona (a team the Jets still play this year) who have won 3 of their games by 3 points or less, is on the same level as a 4-0 team like the Texans??

EDIT: And I never said we would beat the Pats 2x this season. But if their defense keeps lingering near 30th in the NFL, I could see us stealing a 33-28 game. Points don't get entirely scored by the offense bro. Week 1 proved that for the Jets.

I think you underestimate the value of Revis to your defense. Losing Revis will have a domino effect on the rest of the team.

Revis takes away half the field which opens up other players. His loss basically will negate your pass rush and pass defense. As a result the Jets will be forced into playing catch-up leaving Sanchez with an even bigger bulleye on his back.

Your delusional if you think the Jets offense will score 33 points against against anyone the rest of the year.

Granted its early (as you pointed out with Arizona), but I think the Jets were a weak team BEFORE the season started, losing Revis and now Holmes makes it impossible for the playoffs based on the low talent level and now coaching with Sparano.

..rest assured, Pittsburgh, Houston, and the 49ers will all be Top 5 defenses at the end of the year.. and it will have more to do with the 15 other games they played. :rolleyes:

The 49ers and Houston yes...Pittsburgh, the same Steelers that just got lit up by the RAIDERS?! And Peyton coming off a year off lit them up too.

Where is the NFL talent on this Jet offense? Is anyone that you would take the Jets' current receivers (Schilens-Hill) over any other team's top two? Even a healthy Holmes with Hill you'd be hard pressed to find a worse starting duo in the league. Is there anyone that has worse RB's (Greene/Powell) than the Jets? And at this point there aren't many QB's I'm taking Sanchez over.

If the defense was still good I could see your premise about getting ugly wins but they haven't stopped the run all season. The linebackers look slow as molasses and now the secondary took a hit. The defense wasn't even all that impressive WITH Revis this year and we don't have the pass rush to compensate for the likes of Kyle 'finger-wagging' Wilson trying to cover starting receivers. The defense has gotten older and worse every year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'd be willing to bet if Dirty Sanchez struggles to score this weekend, that it will be Tebow time before the 3rd Qtr ends!

The 49ers and Houston yes...Pittsburgh, the same Steelers that just got lit up by the RAIDERS?! And Peyton coming off a year off lit them up too.

The defense wasn't even all that impressive WITH Revis this year and we don't have the pass rush to compensate for the likes of Kyle 'finger-wagging' Wilson trying to cover starting receivers. The defense has gotten older and worse every year.

Even though I'm sure you'll site Pace & Scott, I don't think anyone would agree with you that we've gotten older on the front seven. (part of the problem is we're too green if anything) Over the past 2 seasons we've replaced Shaun Ellis, Trevor Pryce, Jason Taylor, and Kris Jenkins with Aaron Maybin, Quinton Coples, Muhammad Wilkerson, Kendrick Ellis, Garrett McIntyre, DeMario Davis, Nick Bellore, etc.

And I can't say the defense has gotten worse every year with a 3rd rank -to- 5th rank drop'off. But if you'd like to split hairs, be my guest. I don't know where the defense will finish this year without Revis, but going from 1st -to- 5th in 3 years doesn't have me buying into the notion that we're getting worse every year. We've been Top 5 since 2009. Any other fanbase would be thrilled with this stat.

Pittsburgh will still have a Top 5 defense at the end of the year.. and using Manning & the Raiders to debunk them is just silly. Peyton "coming off a year" or not, is still an all world QB.. and it's irrelevant if Oakland "lit them up" for one whole game. Defensive statistics are cumulative, one game does little to change the outcome of where you're ranked at the end of the year. The 2009 Jets had 5 games where they allowed 30 points or more.. that did jack at the end to stop them from still finishing 1st overall for the season. The Steelers are about to get both Troy P & Harrison back. They'll finish Top 5 come January.

Where is the NFL talent on this Jet offense? Is anyone that you would take the Jets' current receivers (Schilens/Hill) over any other team's top two? Even a healthy Holmes with Hill you'd be hard pressed to find a worse starting duo in the league. Is there anyone that has worse RB's (Greene/Powell) than the Jets?

At this point there aren't many QB's I'm taking Sanchez over.

You stating that; "there aren't many QB's I'm taking Sanchez over" --after acknowledging that the guy's got no weapons, is the basis of contradiction. Do you think Matt Ryan playing on this team would be Matt Ryan? How about Joe Flacco for that matter? You're one of those Jet fans that likes to have it both ways, but you can't play both sides of the coin on this. On a much more talented team, the kid won 20 regular season game his first 2 years, and went to 2 Final Fours. Now the front office has been starving him, and he's stuggled over the past 2 season. Don't you think that's awfully coincidental?? :unsure:

Saying that "we have no shot against good teams this season because we have no offense" is redundant. I AGREE WITH YOU! However, that doesn't negate the 7 other games the Jets play against teams that are 9-18 combined. I never said we should beat the Texans, 49ers, Steelers, or the upper tier teams on the schedule. But even if you feel (talent wise) that this Jets team is 8-8, that should STILL be better than the Titans, Jaguars, Fish, etc.

I'd be willing to bet if Dirty Sanchez struggles to score this weekend, that it will be Tebow time before the 3rd Qtr ends!

Sanchez's last lifeline imo will be the game against Indy.

For the past 2 weeks, I've been saying that the Jets will be fine as long as they; "take care of the games they need to.. and somehow steal 2 others." The Colts are a team we need to beat.. and if we lost that game, it gets harder for Rex to buy into us being a team above .500 at the end of the year. At that point we would need to go on a run, and I could see the front office putting Tebow in to see if that Denver magic happens again.

The bitch of this is we have to deal with more chirping for a week. I fully expect us to lose on Monday.. and for people to come in here and begin to toot. Sanchez's last chance comes in 2 weeks however.

Edited by Beezer34

Beez, with all due respect, you make too much of defensive rankings, and still have a way of not telling the complete story. Defensive rankings are based on yards allowed per game only. Take a look at points allowed. The Jets gave up 363 points last season, after giving up 304 the season before, and 236 the season before that. For all the heat NE took for their defense last season (because they gave up an absurd amount of yardage) they gave up 342 points...yes, they gave up embarassingly massive chunks of yards, but they found ways to minimize the damage. Now obviously, not all points are scored against defenses, but 363 is a lot to give up. And the total number of POINTS allowed is clearly headed the wrong way for the Jets...they're on pace to give up over 400 (I don't that will happen...I'd say 350 or so by season's end).

Who cares if the yards-allowed total for Jets was good for 5th overall...did the Jet D really feel at all dominant to you last season? Especially compared to the prior two seasons?

The Jet D also piled up numbers last year bullying guys like Josh McCown, Tyler Palko, Rex Grossman, Tebow (pre 95 yard drive), a bad Miami offense, but they had no shot against the better offenses like the Pats, Eagles, hell even the Raiders with McFadden ran all over us. To me, the Jets D was borderline great three years ago, very good-great two years ago, mediocre last year and below average this year. The points allowed total reflects that too.

As far as the QB, whatever weapons Sanchez does or does not have, is it too much to ask him not to throw INT's on screen passes or protect the ball in scoring range? You cannot excuse sub 50% passing, that's Tebow like.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Beez, with all due respect, you make too much of defensive rankings, and still have a way of not telling the complete story. Defensive rankings are based on yards allowed per game only. Take a look at points allowed. The Jets gave up 363 points last season, after giving up 304 the season before, and 236 the season before that. For all the heat NE took for their defense last season (because they gave up an absurd amount of yardage) they gave up 342 points...yes, they gave up embarassingly massive chunks of yards, but they found ways to minimize the damage. Now obviously, not all points are scored against defenses, but 363 is a lot to give up. And the total number of POINTS allowed is clearly headed the wrong way for the Jets...they're on pace to give up over 400 (I don't that will happen...I'd say 350 or so by season's end).

Who cares if the yards-allowed total for Jets was good for 5th overall...did the Jet D really feel at all dominant to you last season? Especially compared to the prior two seasons?

..there's not too much emphasis on YPG, there's not enough!!

The fantasy stat driven store mice harp about points.. but it's points that's the overrated statistic. NOTHING showcased this greater than the Bears\Eagles MNF game last season. Start of the 1st quarter, Vick has the ball on his own 8. Drives the entire field to Chicago's 4.. only to throw a pick. --Chicago goes 3 and out, punts the ball, Philly gets it on their own 5. AGAIN drives the ball the whole fvcking way to the 10 yrd line, fumble! Chicago recovers, goes 3 and out, punts the ball, Philly gets it at the 11. AGAIN drives the ball to first and goal, only to go 3 and out and settle for a FG. Al Michaels at this point even says during the broadcast; "and that's why we measure defensive statistics in yards."

Think about it! A team drives nearly 300 yrds at will by only the 2nd quarter, yet only has 3 points to show for it. And I'm supposed to be going ga-ga about my teams defense if I'm a Bears fan? :blush:

How about Week 1 for the Jets this year? How many actually points came from the Jets offense? 1 TD was a pick 6.. (7 points) 1 TD was a punt returned.. (14 points) and 3 FG's from Folk. (23 points) That's over 3 TD's worth of points that came against the Bills team, either without their defense allowing a touchdown.. or even on the field!!

What about Sanchez throwing 2 beachball interceptions to the Eagles last season on the 6 yrd line, and the 3 yrd line? That defense surrenders only 9 yrds, yet allows 14 points on 2 TD's.. is that fair? :noclue: My point is, in a sport where you can score points without the defense ever even being on the field (safety, punt block, fumble, pick6, return, FG's, etc.) yards allowed is the only fair way to determine a teams defense without several other variables getting in the way.

----------------------------

EDIT: And no, the Jets defense didn't feel dominate last season. But no one's did for that matter. It was difficult to accurately gauge any teams defense including the Jets, because of the level of drop-off. Whether it was due to the lockout or not, most fans will tell you that the majority of teams 'D fell to mediocrity last season.

Edited by Beezer34
  • Like 2

The fantasy stat driven store mice harp about points.. but it's points that's the overrated statistic. NOTHING showcased this greater than the Bears\Eagles MNF game last season. Start of the 1st quarter, Vick has the ball on his own 8. Drives the entire field to Chicago's 4.. only to throw a pick. --Chicago goes 3 and out, punts the ball, Philly gets it on their own 5. AGAIN drives the ball the whole fvcking way to the 10 yrd line, fumble! Chicago recovers, goes 3 and out, punts the ball, Philly gets it at the 11. AGAIN drives the ball to first and goal, only to go 3 and out and settle for a FG. Al Michaels at this point even says during the broadcast; "and that's why we measure defensive statistics in yards."

Think about it! A team drives nearly 300 yrds at will by only the 2nd quarter, yet only has 3 points to show for it. And I'm supposed to be going ga-ga about my teams defense if I'm a Bears fan? :blush:

How about Week 1 for the Jets this year? How many actually points came from the Jets offense? 1 TD was a pick 6.. (7 points) 1 TD was a punt returned.. (14 points) and 3 FG's from Folk. (23 points) That's over 3 TD's worth of points that came against the Bills team, either without their defense allowing a touchdown.. or even on the field!!

What about Sanchez throwing 2 beachball interceptions to the Eagles last season on the 6 yrd line, and the 3 yrd line? That defense surrenders only 9 yrds, yet allows 14 points on 2 TD's.. is that fair? :noclue: My point is, in a sport where you can score points without the defense ever being on the field (punt block, fumble, pick6, return, FG's, etc.) yards allowed is the only fair way to determine a teams defense without several other variables getting in the way.

EDIT: And no, the Jets defense didn't feel dominate last season. but no one's did for that matter. It was difficult to accurately gauge any teams defense including the Jets, because of the level of drop-off. Whether it was due to the lockout or not, most fans will tell you that the majority of teams 'D fell to mediocrity last season.

Definitely not gaga if you're a Bears fan watching that game, but everyone's familiar with the "bend but don't break"-type defenses, the types that give up yards between the 20s, then find ways to minimize the damage, via allowing just a field goal, creating a turnover, stopping a team deep in their territory on 4th-and-1. Look, I'll always take the D that gets off the field as opposed to the one that finds a way to give up less points than they should. The Pats' have been doing the bend but don't break thing for years now, and the problem with Ds like that is that they eventually DO break, usually at the worst times, as I've been witness to.

Do points allowed tell the whole story...no, and I alluded to that...like I said, points are not just scored against the defense...and even the ones that are aren't all equal. If an offense fumbles the ball on its own five-yard-line, and the other team recovers, that team has five yards to drive for a TD. Is it really fair to blame a TD like that on the defense, even if they give one up? But yards allowed alone don't tell the whole story either. Together they help to give you a better picture of where a team and its defense are.

Go by what your eyes tell you...you watch every Jets game. Don't you think NJ4978's assessment of how they Jets' defensive play was the last three seasons was pretty accurate? Dominating three years ago. Good two years ago. Not so good last season, 5th-ranked in yards allowed be damned.

You cannot excuse sub 50% passing, that's Tebow like.

Especially these days. 60% is what 50% used to be in the 80s. QB numbers are all bloated now...Brady has a 160-to-38 TD-to-INT ratio since 2007. If you were 2-to-1 in the 80s, that was pretty damned impressive...3-to-1 for one season was practically off-the-charts even in the 90s...hell, even in the early 2000s. The numbers have gotten silly.

What about Sanchez throwing 2 beachball interceptions to the Eagles last season on the 6 yrd line, and the 3 yrd line? That defense surrenders only 9 yrds, yet allows 14 points on 2 TD's.. is that fair? :noclue: My point is, in a sport where you can score points without the defense ever even being on the field (safety, punt block, fumble, pick6, return, FG's, etc.) yards allowed is the only fair way to determine a teams defense without several other variables getting in the way.

EDIT: And no, the Jets defense didn't feel dominate last season. But no one's did for that matter. It was difficult to accurately gauge any teams defense including the Jets, because of the level of drop-off. Whether it was due to the lockout or not, most fans will tell you that the majority of teams 'D fell to mediocrity last season.

i think ppl got on u becuase u said the jets can make the playoffs but your no talking about the tough teams. u only keep bringing up the garbage teams the jets will win. what about ne, st.l, sd, arz. u just cant ignore them w.o revis

The problem with the premise of beating the bad/mediocre teams, is you pretty much have to beat ALL of them...if you're already starting with 'at least' five losses (two to NE, one Monday night). At Seattle's not an easy game for an East Coast team, whether they have a QB by then or not, they still have everything else. At Buffalo's not going to be easy near the end of the season, it certainly won't be the romp it was earlier in the year. And all those other teams see us as a winnable game too so they'll be on their game when we play them.

Look, I'm done sitting here defending my team against the world. My gripe came at Manta laughing at me for talking Jets\playoffs in the same sentence. I don't need people who aren't even Jets fans to sing about the state of my team minus Revis. I already know the score. I know my team. I know Revis' importance to my team. But at 2-2, my team has as good a chance at making the playoffs as 21 other teams. There's an old saying; that's why you play the games. Let's play more than a few games first before proclaiming a teams season dead. It's Week 4, and it's WAY too early to determine where anyone's team is thus-far. I think it's silly to toot your opinion at someone off the basis of assumption. We haven't even seen 30% our offense in full yet thanks to injury. We haven't even seen Berry (who was a starter in Detroit) play a single down yet. Can I at least see my team in action against a team that's not undefeated first, before determining on my own the fate of the year? That's fair to ask no?

Significant injuries happen with all teams. That's why I'm waiting to play the games first, rather than say We're doomed. Who's to say that the Bills won't look to tank their game with us for a higher draft pick? Or the Chargers won't rest staters? The Rams lost Amendola for 6-8 weeks. He's caught half of Bradfords TD's. That's huge for the Jets when we play them.

And here's a little nugget on the MIGHTY Cardinals: Kevin Kolb is 3-10 career on the road. Over his last 10 victories as a QB, 8 have come on home field. His last road win came 3 weeks ago in New England 20-18, due to Gostkowski missing a game-winning FG. Prior to that, you'd have to go back 2 years for his last victory on the road: October 10th, 2010. The Eagles beat the 49ers 27-24 due to Nedney missing a game-winning FG. Before that.. you'd have to go to 2009. Before that 2008. Get the picture? For the record, I don't hate Kolb. But everyone knows the book on him.. the guy can't win road games.

Arizona is 4-1, and in the words of Tuna.. "you are what your record says you are." -Having said that, I expect the Jets to beat the Cardinals.

My point is for every 10 things someone can say on why the Jets won't win, I can give 10 reasons on why we will. And in the end.. THAT's why you play the games.

Edited by Beezer34
  • Like 1

we saw the jets in action against average teams. they shouldve lost 1 and gave up 30 points to the other 1. and u r delusional if u think berry will replace revis

Both games the Jets won they deserved to win. Jets gave up the points to Buffalo in garbage time. Game was essentially over

we saw the jets in action against average teams. they shouldve lost 1 and gave up 30 points to the other 1. and u r delusional if u think berry will replace revis

BERRY IS NOT COVERING #1 WR's!! HE DOESN'T HAVE TO REPLACE REVIS! Holy Sh!t.. do you fvcking people even know the sport?!? Cromartie is filling in for Revis, Berry is covering for Cromartie. That's why I keep harping on the schedule, because depending on the depth the opposing team has @ WR, Berry could do well covering a #2.

The Berry signing was grossly underrated this week. AB was released by the Lions due to off-field issues.. not ability. He was the starter in Detroit, with top grades in man-to-man coverage. Without Berry, Wilson was asked to play out of his position, with Lankster playing as the extra DB. Now Cro & Berry can go 1 & 2, with Wilson back as the nickel.

..and yes I have seen the Jets play sub .500 teams this season.. and we beat them both. Go start a Cowboys thread somewhere Mike. That might stop you from trolling around here.