2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

This is the kind of game that gets regimes fired. Another embarassing 'effort', someone must have told the Jets this is Christmas instead of Thanksgiving, they're literally giving away TD's by the bagful. It's so bad now I hope they really get killed, they deserve what they get. OF COURSE I had to be playing the Pats' defense in the fantasy league though for a double insult :rant:

Edited by NJDevs4978

Alot of this is on Sanchez. I mean how the fvck do you slide into another players a$$hole, fumble it...and it least to a TD. And that ridiculous iNT earlier. It just set the tine. Plus the stupid McKnight fumble on the kickoff. Gift wrapped game all the way. They just weren't prepared, or just stupid.

Sanchez is a stupid football player. Give me Alex Smith

lol going for a FG down 35-0 at the half. Gutless pieces of ****, afraid of getting shut out, Rex? :angry:

yep they had 7 seconds left and a time out? One throw to the endzone? What have you got to lose?

We know they don'y have the talent this year to compete with NE. But can we at least cut back on the idiocy?

Edited by '7'

lol they were already pretty low for the Houston game a few weeks ago, but that was a cold Monday night game. If the weather was nice out it might be tempting to go just because I haven't seen MetLife yet, haven't even been to a Jets game since the Jets-Raiders finale in '06 that clinched a playoff spot. I've only been to the Meadowlands once since the Devils moved out in '07, and that was for a Bruce concert.

For the last 4 years, the monicker of this team was; "Play like a Jet!" ..when it should now simply be; *Just Play.. because no one seems to be showing up for games lately. How bad was it? --an exasperated Ed Anzalone left at halftime! I can't say I blame him either. Only 4 teams in the league have more loses than the Jets. If the season were to end today, we'd be picking 5th overall.

Tonight was a disgrace on multiple levels. I haven't been this ashamed to be a fan in a LONG time. The Jets are, exactly what everybody said they are.. clowns! Something needs to change, and something will. I just hope I get the satisfaction of seeing the son-of-a-bitch get fired, and not a cute little dance of "stepping down" or some Schottenheimer bullsh!t like that, just for the sake of saving face.

I'll spare everyone my usual listing of the players lost from 2009 & 2010, without any real supplementing from upper management.. but one thing should be abundantly clear. This team assembled is an utter embarrassment of an NFL roster. We really should be 3-8 when you consider that horse sh!t victory against Miami.

You can't put this on coaching.. they're working with what they got. You can't put this on Sanchez.. he's been cannibalized by the front office. You can't even place blame on the Revis injury either, because this goes into last season. We've lost 10 of our last 14 games, and Revis played in 4 of those losses.

This comes down to the Incredible Shrinking Jets.. and the man behind that. He's as good as gone.. and we may not even have to wait 'till the end of the year.

Edited by Beezer34

What would be the point of firing Tanny now as opposed to the end of the season? The GM's job is done until the offseason aside from Jason Hill-type waiver pickups in season.

It's not just on Tanny, Rex can't coach without great vet leadership and talent around him, and has lost the locker room totally for the second straight year (as evidenced by the mutiny on Tebow last week, and the amount of total no-shows - three in four weeks to be exact). They've had a million no-shows between the end of last season and this year. That's on coaching, you should at least compete in this league. Last night wasn't on talent, they were careless and gave away TD after TD.

The fact that nobody ever gets held accountable for their bull**** is on the head coach. Would it kill him to take Sanchez out to the woodshed and whip him for his stupid *** mistakes? Or the nine hundred other guys who literally stuck the ball out and gave it away last night? Or the eleven guys on defense who didn't even breathe on Vereen as he took a RB screen eighty yards to the house? Even Westhoff's ST has been awful. Nobody gets held accountable so Sanchez and everyone else does the same stupid **** they do week after week after week. I almost wish Santonio Holmes was around last night just so he could have done that stupid ball drop after a first down at 35-0 and I could have got more comic relief from laughing at him.

I was only in favor of canning Tanny and Sanchez until last night, now Rex can take a ****ing hike too. The one thing you're most right on is this team is what everyone said they were, clowns. Especially with this silly fib about Tebow being hurt to justify not playing him. If he was hurt that bad, why didn't McElroy dress then? Either you had one healthy QB last night which was idiotic or you were lying about the injury. I'm betting on the latter since Tebow couldn't even remember when he supposedly broke two ribs :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm done w/ this team as it is currently made up. Rex needs to go, Sanchez needs to go, Mr. T needs to go, yu can add Tebow, scott, Holmes, Cromartie, sporano...

I'm tired of trying to defend this friggin team, Rex is an AWFUL coach, he is clueless, he keeps bringing in O Coord who play not to lose instead of paying to win, and the D is just not that good anymore.

Lets give Mcelroy the job for the rest of the year and be done w/ it...

this season has been embarrassing. We need to start fresh, maybe take a page from NE, and trade down to accummulate piclks instead of trading up, and screwing up the picks, better chcne to get players w/ 9 picks in a draft then 3 which the Jets seem to always have...

Edited by redruM

If you follow the NFL this season was predictable for the Jets. They did NOTHING in the off-season to improve the team. Sanchez was set up for faliure and the results speak for themselves. Sanchez is damaged goods due to the past two seasons of ineptitude by the Jet front office. Rex's message just falls on deaf ears, Saprano is a joke in general as OC and Tanny......just doesn't have enough knowledge to keep Woody's interderence at bay.

Things are really hitting rock bottom now, the Jets even made the mascot fan quit :P

http://www.metro.us/...-but-not-as-fan

I feel bad for the guy...seemed like he just wanted to support his team and have some fun, and some people saw fit to take out their frustrations on him for some reason. Kinda sucks when your fellow fans turn on you for no reason at all.

The things that fans feel entitled to do at sporting events these days are pretty ridiculous. It also seems to be particularly vicious at football games. Is it because the fans tailgate more and become more intoxicated? Is it because they spend more and thus feel a greater sense of entitlement? Is it that much more difficult to secure a larger crowd, with that bigger crowd making people feel more anonymous?

Many of the comments on that article illustrate what Ed is talking about. What has the guy ever done to lead to anything other than more enjoyment of Jets games?

(Also a little disgusting to see a few Patriots fans in there celebrating "killing him off" with their big victory on Thursday night)

Edited by Devils Dose

The things that fans feel entitled to do at sporting events these days are pretty ridiculous. It also seems to be particularly vicious at football games. Is it because the fans tailgate more and become more intoxicated? Is it because they spend more and thus feel a greater sense of entitlement? Is it that much more difficult to secure a larger crowd, with that bigger crowd making people feel more anonymous?

Many of the comments on that article illustrate what Ed is talking about. What has the guy ever done to lead to anything other than more enjoyment of Jets games?

(Also a little disgusting to see a few Patriots fans in there celebrating "killing him off" with their big victory on Thursday night)

As we all know, there's douches in every fanbase...if there was some hardcore Pat fan who dressed up as, say, a Patriot (complete with hat and everything) who was a Fireman Ed-type, who decided to quit after getting blown out by the Jets and because his fellow fans were turning on him, you would have some Jets fans celebrating "killing him off" too. Too many fans within too many fanbases take this stuff way too far.

And yeah, it's sad...like you said, all that guy ever wanted to do was show his enthusiasm and support for a franchise that hasn't given him many reasons since he became a fan in '75 to be enthusiastic...it's guys like him that help to give home games some color and personality, beyond what happens on the field. It's a loss for the Jets.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The only reason Fireman Ed is leaving is so that he can make a much publicized return at a later date.

and btw he was never there during the miserable mid 90's aside from an early season game or 2.

I am calling BS on this post. Being a partial Jets season ticket holder for past 15 years (pre-new Giants stadium/PSL) I can confirm that Fireman Ed was there through out the 90's in his Freemen McNeil Jersey.

I am calling BS on this post. Being a partial Jets season ticket holder for past 15 years (pre-new Giants stadium/PSL) I can confirm that Fireman Ed was there through out the 90's in his Freemen McNeil Jersey.

I was there too. He wasn't there when the going got tough I can tell you that. And there was many a halftime exit...or even beforehand. Some games it seemed like he would lead a cheer and vanish for 3 quarters

I was there too. He wasn't there when the going got tough I can tell you that. And there was many a halftime exit...or even beforehand. Some games it seemed like he would lead a cheer and vanish for 3 quarters

The same can be said about Jets that decade. There was not much to get excited about, so I don't blame FE.

Fireman Ed's ego has gotten the best of him. He didn't invent the chant (and believe me some new guy will pick up on it and take his place in a heartbeat) and in the grand scheme of things he's just 1 fan.

Geez, how much ink can one spill on this? I don't think Bauman's relegation to part time status at Devils' games got this much attention.