2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Sanchez-vs-Favre.jpg

‎"..when asked whether or not he would’ve come back to the Jets had the team not drafted Mark Sanchez, Brett Favre replied; “Yeah, quite possibly. Sure I would’ve. I knew the potential of that team, and now it’s really showing. Before the draft, they (the Jets) called me just to make sure.

Interesting.

..for the long-term, I am extremely satisfied with Sanchez being this team's quarterback for the next 10-12 years. Still, for the short-term.. I can't help but think we may have even gone farther with Favre @ QB last year, as opposed to Sanchez.

Thoughts?

Edited by Beezer34

Interesting.

..for the long-term, I am extremely satisfied with Sanchez being this team's quarterback for the next 10-12 years. Still, for the short-term.. I can't help but think we may have even gone farther with Favre @ QB last year, as opposed to Sanchez.

Thoughts?

Everyone on sports radio seems to think that the Jets lost when Greene got hurt and didnt come back. I still think that the Colts would of beaten them anyway

Well you bastards deserve some overdue credit, and I haven't been around a lot to post lately, so here goes: congrats on beating us a couple weeks back, the Jets were the better team (I really hate saying that lol). Anyway, here's to the Jets losing every game the rest of the season from here on out. :P

thsi whole scandal involving streger and nfl investigation may be just enough of a distraction to throw off favre completely. i see him struggling tonight

Don't bet on it!

Favre thrives when there are off-field distractions involving him and\or the team he plays for. This is a guy who played one of the best games of his career on MNF.. the day after his Father died! Not to mention, leading the Jets to an 8-3 record when he played for them.. despite reports of him giving out Packers signals\secrets to the Minnesota Viking organization, while Favre was playing for the Jets.

..I had the Jets losing tonight's game, all the way back in June (before Minny got Moss) and I still see them losing. I'd be VERY surprised if Brett doesn't deliver.

Edited by Beezer34

Vikings_Jets_Footballsff_72555_team.jpg

Crazy weird game, started late with a monsoon, then stopped, then another round of torrential rain, then stopped. The Jets offense was knocking at the door all night but couldn't punch it in. 12-0 lead that should've been 24-0, but kudos to Folk for making all his kicks tonight.

Favre threw up a lot of prayers tonight, but most times he came up lucky as they were hauled in. It annoyed me how many times they were able to convert on 3rd and forever. And Rex really has to dial down the blitzes, for a period there they were all getting picked up and we couldn't get near Favre.

Don't know if it was the wet ball but Sanchez was throwing high all day, missing wide open receivers. Time management was really horrific as well. On our last offensive possession you have to just flat out run it and kill as much of the clock as you can...who's to say you don't get the 1st down on the ground anyway?

I agree with pretty much everything 7. Very upsetting at times. There were moments when I stood up, and walked away.

The Jets shouldn't have won this game, simple as that. Sanchez played ugly.. Keller played worse.. Holmes was nonexistent.. and the coaching coached scared. In years past, this was the quintessential, heartbreaking type lose, the Jets would feed their fans time after time again. But the Jets got lucky, with some timely plays and good fortune.. and ended up on the winning end, with 17 points from some guy named Folk. B )

What I am proud of however, was our defense as a whole.

The haters may want to point to the 4th quarter, where Favre began impersonating Superman. But what about the first 3 quarters of the game? What happened to the Minnesota powerhouse-O then? To be able to hold a Viking team with Brett Favre.. Percy Harvin.. Randy Moss.. Adrian Peterson.. Visanthe Shiancoe, etc.. to only 20 points?! :noclue: I'll take that everyday of the week. When the defense is able to do that for the team, the Jets offense should be talented enough to win the game. Bravo!

-----------------------------

...so, the Jets go into Denver now, looking for their (can't believe I'm actually saying this :D ) 5th consecutive win in-a-row. This is a dangerous Broncos team, looking to get to .500 and it looks as though we will be without Revis again.

I think the Jets are playing with house money here. Sure, it's an important game against an AFC team. But even if we lose.. going into the Bye-Week with 4 out of 6 wins?? I'd sign up for that at the beginning of the year. And better yet, should the Jets win.. they'll take a 5-1 record into Week 8 of the 2010 season, well-rested and more focused than ever.

Some Shout Outs:

*Nick Folk - Again.. THANK YOU DALLAS COWBOYS! 50 points in 5 games! You know who's made more FG's than Folk in the NFL? -Answer.. no one!

*Brad Smith - "Leon Who?" "Game Breaker." "Momentum Changer." (some terms that come to mind when I think of Smith) 420 yrds on 13 KR's. He's putting up Probowl numbers.

*Jason Taylor - Another day.. another sack. He's on pace for 10 this season, and he still isn't 100%. Just unreal.

*Antonio Cormartie - Game's MVP imo. Other than a 37 yrd strike.. Cromar shut down Moss completely. He also won't get credit for it, but his interception on the 2 point conversion.. most important play of the game. If Minny gets those 2 points, it's a 15-15 tie, and a 1 possession game the rest of the 4th quarter.. instead of a 2 possession game. Al*cro*traz Island > Revis Island.

******EDIT: I almost forgot.. I have to touch on the Patriots trade that went down yesterday.Pats acquire Branch.

I think it's a solid deal. Deion Branch (albeit under the Spygate era) won 2 Superbowls with the New England Patriots.. one of them being honored as the MVP. He's younger than Moss.. blocks better than Moss.. and arguably, runs better routes than Moss.

However.. at the end of the day, you're still comparing a 5'8 target.. to a 6'4 target. Bottomline; Are the New England Patriots a better team with Deion Branch? -Yes. But are they as good as they were with Moss? -No.

Edited by Beezer34

Two of those Favre TD passes were tremendous plays by QB and WR. First class all the way.

I was more upset with the dropped balls than Sanchez's performance, which I thought was OK. The clock mismanagement at the end was a head-scratcher.

Other than that, I was very pleased with the win ... and happy to be there in person!

Jets are starting to look more and more like a legit contender.

It seems that way. Good quarterback play will do that if everything else is above average.

I loved the slant Sanchez completed right before the Jets mismanaged the clock. That was a heck of a throw, one he wouldn't have made last year.

The play calling/clock management last night was horrendus. We were, to me, very lucky to come away with that win. I mean when you only score ONE offensive TD, and 5 fg's something is wrong. Holmes looked ok, should have had a cath here to there that he dropped, but as a Jets fan, I'll take the win. Denver is gonna be tough, even though they will be missing 5 from the D.

OH, and fvck YOU FAVRE YOU DICK TEXT MESSAGING, FOSSIL, INTERCEPTION THROWING fvck!!!! Dwight Lowery Mo'fvckaaaaa!!!!!!