2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

gettin fiesty there beez. the truth must hurt :P

The truth. :rofl:

..the truth of what? That this thread has been completely flooded with trolls, and has (coincidentally) gotten disgustingly worse since the Jets have clinched the playoffs?

Jets have barely beaten the average teams, and get their asses kicked against the good team. Good luck in the playoffs. -lol

Your vaunted defense isn't looking nearly as impressive as it did last season, and it's not like you had a tough schedule. Get to the AFC Finals again, and you can beat your chest.

I shouldn't be surprised, considering the level of class exemplified by Fat fvck Rex. Enjoy Pittsburgh next week Jet fans.

Your wins have been on the LAST PLAY of the game/in the final seconds! Also not to mention that the Colts, Chargers, and Ravens are all vastly better than Denver, Detroit, Cleveland and Houston. Please stop. The Jets miraculous wins are something of fairy tale status.

keep dreamin. the salay cap comes bak next year. andthe j-e-t-s are b-r-o-k-e after the spending they did this year

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

"Jets are in financial peril" -- "You don't deserve your wins" -- "Get to the Conference Championship again, and you can talk" -- "Just wait till next week.. you'll see!!" -- "Rex is a piece of sh!t"

..you all actually have the nerve, to sit there and say you're not haters? Why bother to come into this thread in the first place, if you weren't obsessed? Because I'm a homer\glass is half full type fan? What the fvck do you care what kind of a fan I am? This is a Jets thread.. and I am a Jets fan! :soap:

I may indeed be a Jet-hater, but that doesn't make me a troll...I can still respect them as a ligit division rival, and I've given them kudos when they've earned them in Jet threads in the past...like I said, they did a terrific job last postseason, making the most of their opportunity, and even though they've faltered a bit down the stretch this season, I still consider them a dangerous team. I think that they can lose to anyone, but I also think they can beat anyone...a true "wild-card" team in every sense. If they make it to Foxborough, I'll be plenty scared/nervous watching that game. Even though that defense has been giving up some points (just 9 less than the Pats on the season), I still respect that unit, and think they can pull it together any given game and give that day's opponent a tough time.

There you go. I've admitted more than once that I hate the Jets, being a long-time rival of my team. Now read the rest. Not really trolling is it?

Why, the playoffs are over? The Jets got eliminated already? We simulated the season all the way to the Superbowl? :unsure: Damn I must've missed that.

....who won?

If you think the Jets have a realistic shot of winning the Super Bowl then I feel bad for you...take off your dark green glasses and realize, that this time just isn't that good. Nowhere near Super Bowl Championship caliber....

There you go. I've admitted more than once that I hate the Jets, being a long-time rival of my team. Now read the rest. Not really trolling is it?

Posting any stats/statements that detract from complete Jets homerism= trolling here.....

In bold: you're aware, but yet you choose to more-or-less not acknowledge them at all. You had no trouble pulling up the more "favorable" numbers. Don't you think the dropoff in passing numbers was worth posting, for the sake of balance?

Why would he post something that is unfavorable to his beloved Jets? That would be counterproductive to his maniacal posts. Imagine someone showing you their children's finger paintings and trying to sell it to you as an original Picasso. That is Beezer trying to convince us that the Jets are legit team

If you think the Jets have a realistic shot of winning the Super Bowl then I feel bad for you...take off your dark green glasses and realize, that this time just isn't that good. Nowhere near Super Bowl Championship caliber....

I think they have a shot, though it's kind of a long one. First, their defense would have to step up and play closer to last year's level. Outside of the 45-3 Pat loss, even though the D has slipped from last season, they still keep their team in a lot of games. That's huge, considering their offense has been "meh" all season, and that Sanchez's numbers have been headed the wrong way.

These are two big ifs, but IF that D can step it up, and IF Mark Sanchez can pick up his play and resemble the guy who looked like he was taking big steps forward early on, the Jets have a shot, especially if one or more of the teams they're facing comes up with a clunker. Like I said, if the Pats play them I won't be thinking it's an easy win...I'll be nervous...I do respect them.

I think they have a shot, though it's kind of a long one. First, their defense would have to step up and play closer to last year's level. Outside of the 45-3 Pat loss, even though the D has slipped from last season, they still keep their team in a lot of games. That's huge, considering their offense has been "meh" all season, and that Sanchez's numbers have been headed the wrong way.

These are two big ifs, but IF that D can step it up, and IF Mark Sanchez can pick up his play and resemble the guy who looked like he was taking big steps forward early on, the Jets have a shot, especially if one or more of the teams they're facing comes up with a clunker. Like I said, if the Pats play them I won't be thinking it's an easy win...I'll be nervous...I do respect them.

I think the only AFC team they have a shot of beating is KC. I am still predicting a swift 1 and done for this team. Sanchez is dragging them down and the D has been very suspect at times. No way this team starts out on the road and wins the Super Bowl. If they do, I will be the first to come here and congratulate them on a miraculous run (they would have to knock off some combo of Chiefs, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Colts?!? and then the NFC Champion?!?) Like I said before, ain't happening....

I think the only AFC team they have a shot of beating is KC. I am still predicting a swift 1 and done for this team. Sanchez is dragging them down and the D has been very suspect at times. No way this team starts out on the road and wins the Super Bowl. If they do, I will be the first to come here and congratulate them on a miraculous run (they would have to knock off some combo of Chiefs, Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Colts?!? and then the NFC Champion?!?) Like I said before, ain't happening....

2007 Giants. No one was giving them much of a chance either. Being on the wrong end of that one, I'll never forget it.

They have beaten the Pats and Steelers, and lost to the Ravens by a single point. So it's not like they COULDN'T beat those teams, though it won't be easy for them.

If they continue playing like they have been of late, yeah, it's hard to buy in. Like I said, they're going to have to step up in a lot of areas, and execute to near perfection...their margin for error is very slim...and they'll have to do it 3 times just to GET to the big game. But I do give them a shot.

I think we're a little bit spoiled by last year, because that run truly came out of nothing. Yes, that team had a better defense, but its offense was very much worse than this year's Jets.

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I think that the Pats are the worst possible matchup for the Jets of any of the 11 other teams in the playoffs. Yeah, beating them early in the season was great, but they basically have a new system in NE, and it plays so heavily to this Jets defense's weakness (pressuring a QB without bringing the house), I really don't see what your concern is. Unfortunately, have you checked out what needs to happen for the Jets to get to the AFC Champ. without playing the Pats?

-They need to win this week; Steelers lose this week; Ravens win this week; Jets win first playoff game on road; Steelers (as #6 seed) win first playoff game on road; Jets beat Baltimore in BAL; Steelers beat Pats in Foxboro.

I think we're a little bit spoiled by last year, because that run truly came out of nothing. Yes, that team had a better defense, but its offense was very much worse than this year's Jets.

I think that run definitely jacked up everyone's expectations...that, and the 9-2 start to this season. People were talking home field throughout and Super Bowl before the NE game. This year's Jets have scored 329 points...last year's put up 348...they'll finish with roughly the same amount of PF. I'm guessing the defense probably inflated last year's total somewhat? 17 picks is a lot...I'm guessing some of those had to be pick-6s?

I'm going to have to disagree with this. I think that the Pats are the worst possible matchup for the Jets of any of the 11 other teams in the playoffs. Yeah, beating them early in the season was great, but they basically have a new system in NE, and it plays so heavily to this Jets defense's weakness (pressuring a QB without bringing the house), I really don't see what your concern is. Unfortunately, have you checked out what needs to happen for the Jets to get to the AFC Champ. without playing the Pats?

-They need to win this week; Steelers lose this week; Ravens win this week; Jets win first playoff game on road; Steelers (as #6 seed) win first playoff game on road; Jets beat Baltimore in BAL; Steelers beat Pats in Foxboro.

No, didn't check that out...I'm actually kind of tuned out to the Pats right now, only because I hate the "waiting" part of all of this...Pats won't be playing a meaningful game for quite some time. I just want there to be a concrete opponent to focus on...won't have that until after WC weekend.

Good point re: the Pats post Randy Moss...but they still scare me.

The Jets are a good story right now. They've been a team on the rise and have gained respectability, in spite of some the wackier things that have happened...Tripgate, foot fetishes, etc. They're a team that occasionally teases and shows glimpses of becoming an elite team, but haven't quite gotten there yet. They have an "anything is possible" air about them, in that they could very well go out in their wild-card game, but could shock a team or two in the playoffs as well.

Actually it's a lot easier than that for the Jets to play the Pats, if the Steelers win their game they win the division and the Jets are locked into the #6 seed. They need a lot to happen to get up to the #5.

Personally I think the only team that really has a shot against NE is Baltimore, if only cause they've played them very well the last two years (punked them in the playoffs last year and almost beat them again this year, both at Foxboro). Pittsburgh always gets punked by the Pats, the Colts just don't have a well-rounded team, and the Jets' defense just isn't up to the task of stopping the 'new' Pats offense. Kansas City would be an intriguing matchup for a number of reasons but as someone else pointed out they haven't exactly had any 'quality' wins.

I think the only AFC team they have a shot of beating is KC. I am still predicting a swift 1 and done for this team. Sanchez is dragging them down and the D has been very suspect at times. No way this team starts out on the road and wins the Super Bowl. If they do, I will be the first to come here and congratulate them on a miraculous run.

As the season has progressed, so has the laundry list of *proof stages* from Jet haters far & wide.. in an effort to look for sufficient evidence, to discredit them to the average fan.

"Beat a REAL team, and then I'll give credit" ~ "Make the playoffs, and then I'll give credit" ~ "Get to the AFC Title game again, and then I'll give credit" -etc..

..the reality is, people like you will never give credit to the "things" in your paradigm you have abolished long ago. Your theory is; "I have a foundation in hating this _______, and I must defend it"

You've patterned your concepts on dogmatism, and will not deviate from your framework one bit. Instead.. you'd rather stand there defiantly (even in the face of defeat) and make excuses, to defend your flawed logic.

If the Jets win the Superbowl, I'm sure they'll be 10 reasons of luck & fortune, to 'why it happened'.. as opposed to kudos on skill & ability.

• Like 2

As the season has progressed, so has the laundry list of *proof stages* from Jet haters far & wide.. in an effort to look for sufficient evidence, to discredit them to the average fan.

"Beat a REAL team, and then I'll give credit" ~ "Make the playoffs, and then I'll give credit" ~ "Get to the AFC Title game again, and then I'll give credit" -etc..

..the reality is, people like you will never give credit to the "things" in your paradigm you have abolished long ago. Your theory is; "I have a foundation in hating this _______, and I must defend it"

You've patterned your concepts on dogmatism, and will not deviate from your framework one bit. Instead.. you'd rather stand there defiantly (even in the face of defeat) and make excuses, to defend your flawed logic.

If the Jets win the Superbowl, I'm sure they'll be 10 reasons of luck & fortune, to 'why it happened'.. as opposed to kudos on skill & ability.

Nobody has to "look for sufficient evidence" to discredit the Jets. Look at their season and their games, and any non Jets fan will tell you plain and simple that they are not that good. I will give credit when they win a couple playoff games on the road. But even then, anything short of Super Bowl Champions is and should be a disappointment to Gang Green Nation. I am sure you will do your normal extreme homer/delusional fan spinjob after they are ousted and say "We have so much to be proud of! Back to back playoff appearances! Sanchez improved from last season!" as well as tons of other nonsense. Sprinkle in a couple of emoticons and that will be your post to a T. There is nothing flawed about any logic. The Jets won multiple games against terrible teams by the skin of their teeth. Good/great teams usually do not cut it so close against garbage competition. If the Jets win the Super Bowl by some miracle, I will give them all of the credit in the world. It will take a run similar to the 2007 Giants' run; and the 2007 Giants this Jets team is NOT.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Tomlinson-Focused-on-a-Grand-Finish/8fbbc96e-6c22-4503-a1d0-e722cf5d3e41

*Reporter: "You're so close to 1,000 yards this season. Does that factor into how much playing time you'll get on Sunday?"

*LT: "I'm aware of where I am statistically, but that's not what's important. I came here to win a Championship, not to get 1,000 yards. I've had plenty of 1,000 yard seasons in my career. If I get 1,000 yards this season, but not a Superbowl.. I didn't accomplish anything."

....How can you not love this guy? :wub:

Edited by Beezer34

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/videos/Tomlinson-Focused-on-a-Grand-Finish/8fbbc96e-6c22-4503-a1d0-e722cf5d3e41

*Reporter: "You're so close to 1,000 yards this season. Does that factor into how much playing time you'll get on Sunday?"

*LT: "I'm aware of where I am statistically, but that's not what's important. I came here to win a Championship, not to get 1,000 yards. I've had plenty of 1,000 yard seasons in my career. If I get 1,000 yards this season, but not a Superbowl.. I didn't accomplish anything."

....How can you not love this guy? :wub:

Love that, he has his priorities straight. I hope he saved some of those patented LT bursts and cuts for the playoffs

If the Jets win the Super Bowl by some miracle, I will give them all of the credit in the world. It will take a run similar to the 2007 Giants' run; and the 2007 Giants this Jets team is NOT.

..never say never when it comes to the NFL.

In the format of single-game elimination.. anything's possible! The Jets may not be the best team in the tournament.. but it's not always the best team that wins in football. It's a matter of getting hot at the right time.

When the Jets were 4-6 last year in November, few people would've predicted we'd be playing in the Final Four. B )

....take this with a grain of salt..

-Backstory: My neighbor's a well respected journalist who writes for the New York Giants. He's good friends with another well respected journalist who writes for the Jets. I'm withholding their names for the sake of privacy, but this story's 100% legitimate. (and the people that know me on this thread, can back up the credibilty that my neighbor has)

I go outside to smoke a quick cigarette, and he's outside taking out his trash. We meet start talking to wish eachother a Happy New Year, and the conversation goes something like this..

*Him: So I was talking to ______ and he says Jenkins has been rehabbing hard, to try and come back for the playoffs.

*Me: Get the fvck out of here!?

*Him: I'm serious. I just heard it today. It's very touch and go. The Jets are being extremely secretive about it.

*Me: Shutup!

*Him: <<laughs>> Yeah, I thought you'd like that.

*Me: Kris Jenkins!?

*Him: Again, this is all according to ______.

*Me: He's shot though.

*Him: ______ said what he's hearing is, he may not play more than a couple of plays. It'll be like a motivational type thing, but he'll be dressed.

*Me: I thought once you're placed on season ending IR, you can't come back?

*Him: No actually when you're put on IR, you can't come back for the regular season. The post-season's entirely different.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

..it's the 2nd round that scares me, not so much the 1st round.

If we finish with the 6th seed, we'll play New England in the 2nd round, should we advance from the 1st round. If we finish with the 5th seed, we'll play Baltimore in the 2nd round.. with an opportunity to play a HOME playoff game @ New Meadowlands. (if the Steelers & Jets both advance to the AFC Championship)

..it's the 2nd round that scares me, not so much the 1st round.

If we finish with the 6th seed, we'll play New England in the 2nd round, should we advance from the 1st round. If we finish with the 5th seed, we'll play Baltimore in the 2nd round.. with an opportunity to play a HOME playoff game @ New Meadowlands. (if the Steelers & Jets both advance to the AFC Championship)

thats if you get out of the 1st rd. i said you could beat allthose teams. i didnt say u will

...Noteworthy Free Agents (on defense) for 2011..

*Jets UFA's: Shaun Ellis, Trevor Pryce, David Harris, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, Brodney Pool, Kris Jenkins, & Vernon Gholston.

*NFL UFA's: Ray Edwards, Mathias Kiwanuka, Haloti Ngata, Richard Seymour, Shawne Merriman, Antoine Bethea, and Champ Bailey.

..locked up in Buffalo. smiley-sad049.gif

thats if you get out of the 1st rd. i said you could beat allthose teams. i didnt say u will

I'm not saying we'll automatically advance from the Wildcard, to the Divisional round. I'm just talking about the Jets chances.

....in the 1st round, against either KC, Indy, or Jacksonville.. I'd give the Jets about 6:1 odds in winning any of those 3 games. In the 2nd round against either Baltimore, NE, or Pittsburgh (though the Jets still have a chance) those odds change dramatically.. you can't say otherwise. :noclue:

Edited by Beezer34