2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

nobody is saying Sporano is a disaster...I mean Schotty is an even worse disaster with the Rams

Really, that's not what the Rams players think:

Amendola said Thurdsay on “NFL AM” that new coordinator Brian Schottenheimer’s offense is a big reason for his early success.

“So far in the NFL this is my fourth offense, and Schotty’s offense is the most intricate one, at the same time it has a mixture of all of them,” he said. “It’s very effective, it has the capability of making big plays, and we are all excited about it.”

With Fisher's D and Schott's O the Rams will be a franchise to watch in the next few years.

The boxscore says Tebow was 0-1, I guess you're right. That's how fvcked up this offense is, I can't even keep track of this gadget BS anymore. Maybe they had Tebow on the field and ran him off, there was definitely confusion on the play.

The worst call of all was that stupid shotgun to McKnight earlier in the quarter with nobody else in the backfield and he lost nine yards. As if there was ANY chance of McKnight doing something other than running, at least if you put another RB back there they have to think about options. Then they got a screen where amazingly they got the first down. Then another bs run by Tebow into the line for no yards.

Having five hundred substitutions on every Sanchez to Tebow play and trying to outsmart everyone also leads to chaos on the field. ESPECIALLY with all the stuff you mentioned they shouldn't be trying to reinvent the wheel on offense. As many problems as I had with Schotty, I don't remember an offense being this disorganized and Sparano was a head coach in the league. Basic coaching 101 - you simplify it when you don't have people who know the offense, not throw out five hundred NEW things.

. For the record Has, the Dolphins ALWAYS had issues on offense with organization and play clock management (not to the mention game clock mangement issues late in games) with Sparano as the head coach. We NEVER had timeouts late in the game. Late in the 4th quarter, we typically had 1 timeout in any given game because we were too busy burning our timeouts because of baffling delays in getting the play in and/or bad communication on offense. I had to chuckle watching that last night.

Really, that's not what the Rams players think:

Amendola said Thurdsay on “NFL AM” that new coordinator Brian Schottenheimer’s offense is a big reason for his early success.

“So far in the NFL this is my fourth offense, and Schotty’s offense is the most intricate one, at the same time it has a mixture of all of them,” he said. “It’s very effective, it has the capability of making big plays, and we are all excited about it.”

With Fisher's D and Schott's O the Rams will be a franchise to watch in the next few years.

Who cares what one player says. The Rams offense has been terrible this season. Does that have to do with the OC, maybe, maybe not but the stats say the Rams have been awful. 29th in yards per game...and 30th in passing offense.

Sure Amendola is happy, he's getting his touches...and I doubt many players would bash their O coordinator mid season.

Proof is in the pudding. Rams are 29th in passing (worse than the Jets somehow) 22nd in running, 24th in TOP, 21st in PPG (behind the Jets)

Schotty stinks

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/10/jets-owner-woody-johnson-supports-mark-sanchez-but-says-tim-tebow-will-be-with-us-for-t

“I see the same things in Mark Sanchez as when I first met him. He’s still a young player. Quarterback is probably the most difficult position athletically and mentally that there is in all of sports. We think he’s (Sanchez) that good. He really is that good. I'm not just saying this to bolster his confidence either. I wouldn’t look at the numbers too seriously. A quarterback’s job ultimately is to win games. Mark Sanchez has proven that he can do that. He pulled out a game a few weeks ago in the last couple minutes when we played Miami. Having said that, are we going to keep Tebow? Absolutely. He’ll be with us for three years. I think he’s going to be a real valuable asset in terms of helping us win games.” --Woody Johnson via CNBC.

----------------------------------------------------

So with 5 more years left on Sanchez's contract, where does this leave him with the Jets? For what the Jets are paying Sanchez a year, they won't waste their money by having him sit on the bench for Tebow. They can't cut him because they'd be on the hook for his salary. They can't trade him because his contract value is higher than his current performance. No team would take a QB making nearly 6 million to be their backup.

There's no end in sight to the Tebow\Sanchez link. Like it or not.. this ain't a one-&-done experiment. This is a 3 year marriage. Anyone else in the organization who'd have said this I'd have brushed off. But not by the man that signs the checks. Tebow will play out his contract with the Jets, and Sanchez will remain with the team aswell.

From my recall NFL contracts are not guarenteed. The Jets can cut him at anytime.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/10/source-sanchez-deal-has-20-5-million-in-real-guarantees/

It's a fully guaranteed deal for over 20 million Manta. If the money isn't reason enough, the lasting image of Chad P. walking off Giants Stadium winning the Division with Miami will be. The Bills would snatch Sanchez up in a second. I could even see the Patriots taking him to backup Brady.

Trust me when I say, for better or worse, Sanchez isn't going anywhere.

It's mind boggling that sanchez is still only 25 and this is his 4th year. He's 4 years younger than Weeden! Rodgers was exactly at this age when he was handed the reigns in GB

All goes to show what a baby he was when he started for us....and he's been through a lot. His performance has been sub par this year, but he was steadily improving with every subsequent season up until now...this year the entire offense has fallen to injury (or just plain ineffectiveness...ahem, Greene) so it's tough to tell if he's regressing or simply trying to do too much. Sometimes I see horrible things (poor pocket presence...STILL) along with good signs...but at this point he's got some of the worst offensive talent surrounding him so maybe we give him a mulligan for 2012 and make 2013 the make or break year.

It would be nice to have Burress right about now. Maybe we score TD's in our red zone trips on Monday night instead of settling for a FG and have a deflection INT...all sanchez would have to do is chuck it deep into a corner and Burress either comes down with it or it's PI and ball on the 1. How often did Plax bail out Eli by coming down with his overthrows? a ton. Instead we have Mark trying to force the ball into Jeff Cumberland...well it would be nice if he had real options

Edited by '7'

http://profootballta...eal-guarantees/

It's a fully guaranteed deal for over 20 million Manta. If the money isn't reason enough, the lasting image of Chad P. walking off Giants Stadium winning the Division with Miami will be. The Bills would snatch Sanchez up in a second. I could even see the Patriots taking him to backup Brady.

Trust me when I say, for better or worse, Sanchez isn't going anywhere.

Patriots wouldn't take Sanchez if he was available. Mallett's the guy who's the future for now, though it's hard to say what he'll be...he looked pretty weak in the preseason, for whatever that's worth, but he probably doesn't get a shot at the job for at least three years, assuming Brady declines...that's a lot of time to watch and learn from one of the very best. Not so sure the Bills would snatch up Sanchez either. It's not like he'd be any real improvement over Fitzpatrick...that would seem like a lateral move at best.

It's mind boggling that sanchez is still only 25 and this is his 4th year. He's 4 years younger than Weeden! Rodgers was exactly at this age when he was handed the reigns in GB

All goes to show what a baby he was when he started for us....and he's been through a lot. His performance has been sub par this year, but he was steadily improving with every subsequent season up until now...this year the entire offense has fallen to injury (or just plain ineffectiveness...ahem, Greene) so it's tough to tell if he's regressing or simply trying to do too much. Sometimes I see horrible things (poor pocket presence...STILL) along with good signs...but at this point he's got some of the worst offensive talent surrounding him so maybe we give him a mulligan for 2012 and make 2013 the make or break year.

It would be nice to have Burress right about now. Maybe we score TD's in our red zone trips on Monday night instead of settling for a FG and have a deflection INT...all sanchez would have to do is chuck it deep into a corner and Burress either comes down with it or it's PI and ball on the 1. How often did Plax bail out Eli by coming down with his overthrows? a ton. Instead we have Mark trying to force the ball into Jeff Cumberland...well it would be nice if he had real options

His age and his performance in the playoffs and big games are his biggest plusses. It was almost a given his numbers would improve each season, as he had a QB rating of 63.0 his rookie year, and especially since he has yet to finish a season with a QB rating over 78.2, I can't make too much out of the whole "improving each season" observation...that's straining to find a silver lining. But I think the Jets should absolutely stick with him, and get him some real weapons...they cannot go to Tebow. He is a disaster waiting to happen...every single thing lined up for him last season, and he got way too much of the credit for the Broncos getting hot for a while...that team won in spite of him and not because of him...the Broncos propped HIM up, not the other way around. Tebow had his 15 minutes.

I don't disagree about Plax, the red zone offense has gone from a strength to a weakness. Tebow was supposed to help that but it's hard to do so when you get one play a drive running straight ahead.

It wouldn't shock me if Plax was blackballed though, he hasn't even got more than maybe one workout in Dallas.

I don't disagree about Plax, the red zone offense has gone from a strength to a weakness. Tebow was supposed to help that but it's hard to do so when you get one play a drive running straight ahead.

It wouldn't shock me if Plax was blackballed though, he hasn't even got more than maybe one workout in Dallas.

The problem with Plax is he is LAZY. He doesn't like to practice and sets a bad example to the younger receivers. He also doesn't go in the middle of the field, will not work hard to get open and occassional runs the wrong routes. You don't want to waste a roster spot on a designated red zone only type of player. The Jets actually made the right call with Plax.

Why Woody felt compelled to guarantee that Tebow would be here for the three years of his contract is beyond me. I'm sure all backup QB's/punt protectors would love that type of job security lol.

Woody Johnson is the worst. At least Jerry Jones and Al Davis had experience playing football. So far as I know, Woody Johnson has never put on a jock strap.

At least it's a football question, I'd rather not hear from him about political matters :P (since he said a couple weeks ago he'd rather see Romney win than the Jets win - Dem or not I get the sentiment, but you cannot say that and annoy half your fanbase. Even some of the Repub Jet fans probably aren't thrilled he'd publicly admit that he doesn't care about the team as much as politics)

Edited by NJDevs4978

At least it's a football question, I'd rather not hear from him about political matters :P (since he said a couple weeks ago he'd rather see Romney win than the Jets win - Dem or not I get the sentiment, but you cannot say that and annoy half your fanbase. Even some of the Repub Jet fans probably aren't thrilled he'd publicly admit that he doesn't care about the team as much as politics)
. Yeah, obviously I had to chuckle at that whole thing, but that would piss me off if I was a Jets fan. Say what you want about Leon Hess, I can't recall him saying as many dumb things in his whole tenure as owner as Woody has said in the last month (save for "I'm old. I'm entitled to some enjoyment from this team, and that means winning", and then going on to hire Rich Kotite). It cannot go over well in the locker room and with the coaches that the owner is shooting off his mouth like this.

Why Woody felt compelled to guarantee that Tebow would be here for the three years of his contract is beyond me.

..honestly I can't even blame Johnson for saying that from a business standpoint. The guy is the most popular player in the league, and he costs Woody only 2.8 million a season. Think about the return Tebow gives your team. Between the commercials, advertisements, jerseys, hype, merchandise, and overall attention he brings -vs- what he actually costs the Jets. The thought of Tim Tebow playing out his contract here never really hit me until today. Johnson will never allow him to go anywhere because of the financial commodity he brings as a player. Likewise, because of Tebow's image and genuine humility, he will never request to be traded, nor ask for more money.

It's just frustrating as a fan, because you're basically telling your fanbase; whether the "2-offenses" plan succeeds or fails, we're sticking with it this season.. and next season.. and the next season after that. I'll admit, before the season started.. I was a believer. But if it remains a failed experiment, I want it scrapped for good. How can they ever get rid of either Sanchez or Tebow now after continually endorsing\guaranteeing that they'll both be here for the long haul, without massive egg on their faces? -answer.. They Can't!! Like it or not, this is it going forward.

We have an owner who really likes Sanchez, but is in love with Tebow. And our head coach really likes Tebow, but is in love with Sanchez.