2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

They just weren't ready to play

I've never seen them this bad special teams wise. A blocked FG and a blocked punt? And a good miami runback? This was the worst special teams performance maybe in history under Westhoff

No running game at all. McKnight went out early. Greene had 1 run and did nothing else.

Sanchez again holding the ball for ages with ZERO pocket awareness. ZERO. Fumbles again. And an idiotic pick at the goal line. Hill lets a ball hit him in the stomach in the endzone and it falls to the ground

Sanchez just looks horrid. Again he's got no help but it's not like he's being victimized by tons of drops. A few drops, but he looks bad as well.

and as the 4th qt begins...can't say Miami has done much on O either. Bush hasn't done anything. Moore hasn't done much...but they've been opportunistic. After 3 miami has 200 yards of total offense. So it looks bad, but this game is more on special teams and O than the D

I wonder if the Jets have already made a decision internally about Sanchez. I don't see them drafting a QB and going through the whole development process again...but they may trade for one.

Edited by '7'

This will be the most telling game of the season for the Jets and the Fins. Two franchises on a trajectory of opposite paths.

let's not go gaga over the stupid dolphin franchise. They have a tough schedule the rest of the season and aren't very good to begin with. Nobody will be surprised if they lose to buffalo twice, and they're definitely not beating NE with their secondary and not beating san fran

Edited by '7'

The Dolphins are making the playoffs, they could easily be 6-2 or 7-1 right now and the AFC's just flat bad this year. They might not even need ten wins depending on tiebreakers. And I'd be stunned if they lost to Buffalo twice...once maybe, but not twice. They have a good defense, above average running game and their passing considering the QB/WR talent they have has actually overachieved.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The Dolphins are making the playoffs, they could easily be 6-2 or 7-1 right now and the AFC's just flat bad this year. They might not even need ten wins depending on tiebreakers. And I'd be stunned if they lost to Buffalo twice...once maybe, but not twice. They have a good defense, above average running game and their passing considering the QB/WR talent they have has actually overachieved.

I don't believe it. They're ok right now, but they beat the sinking as a stone bungles and barely squeaked by the hideous Rams. And here we are missing our two best players and have a littany of other injuries. I can see them losing to seattle, I can see them losing to Tennessee.

This game was the Dolphins super bowl, playing against a very depleted Jets team while they came off a bye. I think they've pretty much peaked

Edited by '7'

let's not go gaga over the stupid dolphin franchise. They have a tough schedule the rest of the season and aren't very good to begin with. Nobody will be surprised if they lose to buffalo twice, and they're definitely not beating NE with their secondary and not beating san fran

. richard-sherman-u-mad-bro.jpg

. richard-sherman-u-mad-bro.jpg

sparano has nothing to do with any of this. he's been pretty average but also has very little to work with. He's not responsible for special teams miscues or sanchez holding the ball too long

Edited by '7'

sparano has nothing to do with any of this. he's been pretty average but also has very little to work with. He's not responsible for special teams miscues or sanchez holding the ball too long

. I'm not even talking about today. I'm talking about his inept use of Tebow, his inept game clock/play clock management, the offense in general. He's the worst. I told you. This is the same type of sh!t we dealt with when Sparano was the head coach. His teams were never prepared. Your offense is never prepared either. Its hilarious to watch though, I'm not gonna lie.

. I'm not even talking about today. I'm talking about his inept use of Tebow, his inept game clock/play clock management, the offense in general. He's the worst. I told you. This is the same type of sh!t we dealt with when Sparano was the head coach. His teams were never prepared. Your offense is never prepared either. Its hilarious to watch though, I'm not gonna lie.

The fact they use Tebow as a WR running decoy patterns is beyond me. Especially since you already have him blocking on punts, you might as well deploy him as a blocking TE since this line can't ****ing block.

I'm not going to lie, it already does look worse than the Schotty offense and I'd have found that impossible. There is far less to work with here than Schotty had though, when we actually had a real OL and WR/RB's.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Schotty did less with more. Sparano is doing about what you would expect with what he has. How would his offense look like with 2 good backs and a great blocking back? (Jones/Greene/T-Rich) how would it look like when the o line was still good...with cotchery-edwards-holmes...who knows

but schotty isn't lighting things up in St. louis as well...and he does have a better qb

Edited by '7'

The fact they use Tebow as a WR running decoy patterns is beyond me. Especially since you already have him blocking on punts, you might as well deploy him as a blocking TE since this line can't ****ing block.

I'm not going to lie, it already does look worse than the Schotty offense and I'd have found that impossible. There is far less to work with here than Schotty had though, when we actually had a real OL and WR/RB's.

. What was great is that the one time they threw it to Tebow in the first game in Miami, it hit him in the back of the head because he didn't turn around when he was supposed to. :P I'm telling you Has- Sparano is awful. Dude should be coaching o-line up at Central Connecticut State. The fact his specialty was supposed to be the o-line and we had a TERRIBLE o-line his entire tenure as head coach speaks to the level of idiocy you're dealing with. He's an awful football coach. There's no other way to say it. And I'm damn glad he's on your side now.

I almost forgot about that too, the helmet throw. I'm still pissed about the 3rd and 1 shotgun pass on the goalline last week, that might have been literally the worst single playcall ever :P

They thought that was a money play...it worked a few weeks before in Miami when on a 3rd and 1 they called a quick slant to Kerley for the TD.

but yea, probably best to run. But it wasn't like they through one of this stupid fades that schotty loved (that never worked)

Give Tebow a full god damn drive to work with

No. you and every other clueless fan and Jets fan just need to shut the hell up already and wake up and smell the manure. Sanchez gives us the best chance to win, but this organization, Tanny, Rex, MORONo, fvcking Woody ruined him and haven't helped him AT ALL. That geriatric fvck, Woody pushed Teblow on this team and on Rex and Sparano. That's the first mistake. The second is that all last season we bitched and complained about our OLine. They ran Wayne Hunter out, and put in Austin Howard, who for the most part, has done very well, but we didn't legit reassure the OL. Mark has been bombarded (today's a great example) and has absolutely no time to read the blitz, or get time to read the D. He gets sacked from his blindside time after time. Is some of that on him? Should he be more aware and throw the ball away? Sure, sometimes. But it's hard to even get rid of the damn ball when even before you drop back.

Receivers? Don't get me fvcking started. Hill can be molded into a megatron-type guy, but he's got stone hands. Kerley is good, but he's not great. Clyde Gates? Chaz Shillens? Really? No type of deep threat. And speaking of deep threat, we don't go down field!!!! Sparano is a moron and the play calling has been suspect all season. He lost all of my respect last week in New England.

Special teams fell apart today, the D stunk, and obviously the O was sh!t. But it's all Mark's fault, right? Give me a break.

They thought that was a money play...it worked a few weeks before in Miami when on a 3rd and 1 they called a quick slant to Kerley for the TD.

but yea, probably best to run. But it wasn't like they through one of this stupid fades that schotty loved (that never worked)

When you have third and one on the two, there are literally a handful of better things you can do. Hand the ball off, which they had on the first two plays of the drive for nine yards. Have Tebow run a QB sneak, which god forbid they ever try on short yardage. Or if you want to get cute have Sanchez line up under center and run a bootleg option, they did that well enough last year. Even a playaction pass from under center would have been better...ANYthing would have been better than a shotgun pass. It's not even so much the pass, it's that they completely gave it away by running shotgun with Sanchez. Not to mention it was third down. Second down, you can get cute.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sanchez gives us the best chance to win, but this organization, Tanny, Rex, MORONo, fvcking Woody ruined him and haven't helped him AT ALL.

Our receivers are amateurish. They get zero separation, routes are run incorrectly, passes are dropped, and sometimes I see players quite literally tripping over their own feet. The Benny Hill theme song should be playing in the background. Meanwhile Sanchez had 54 passing attempts today.. 41 last week. 40+ passing plays called against Houston.. 38 against the 49ers. 45 attempts the first time we played Miami. It's a joke.

There's no running game.. period! Sanchez is throwing the ball nearly 40x a game, because he HAS TO.. yet, he simply doesn't have the weapons at receiver with the talent to win games like that. The team's going through RB withdrawal.. and after 14 consecutive seasons of Curtis Martin, Thomas Jones, & LaDainian Tomlinson, the franchise became spoiled. You could absolutely make the argument in Greene being the worst starting HB in the league. What's worse is he has these moments which pad his stats that pour cologne on garbage. A 40 yrd ripper today where he has only 70 yrds. A 15 yrd play against Houston where he had only 26 yrds. The game vs Indy where he has over 160 yrds. If you take away these moments he's dog sh!t. I was a big Greene fan at the start of the year, but it's difficult to defend him when McKnight has nearly 100 yrds over 2 games on just 10 carries. When Hillard comes in and has 30 yrds on his last 6 carries. When Grimes comes in today and rips 5 yrds on his first carry. Powell averaging 4.0 Y.P.C. before he got injured. Even Tebow is averaging for more yrds than Greene for Christ sake! You can go on and on.

Can you fix it this season? --no, you can't anymore. I simply don't think there's a way. Maybe if the Jets were an above .500 team the front office would go out and trade for Steven Jackson, or with a seller. But the way this team looks, WE might be the sellers! We've lost 5 of our last 7, and look absolutely lost as a football team.

The bloodlust fan in me does look forward to next season however in regard to Tanny. He will 100% be gone.. take that to the bank. As a fan I want revenge for why my team was set back 3+ years, and that son of a bitch is gonna stand trial. Count on that!!

No. you and every other clueless fan and Jets fan just need to shut the hell up already and wake up and smell the manure. Sanchez gives us the best chance to win, but this organization, Tanny, Rex, MORONo, fvcking Woody ruined him and haven't helped him AT ALL. That geriatric fvck, Woody pushed Teblow on this team and on Rex and Sparano. That's the first mistake. The second is that all last season we bitched and complained about our OLine. They ran Wayne Hunter out, and put in Austin Howard, who for the most part, has done very well, but we didn't legit reassure the OL. Mark has been bombarded (today's a great example) and has absolutely no time to read the blitz, or get time to read the D. He gets sacked from his blindside time after time. Is some of that on him? Should he be more aware and throw the ball away? Sure, sometimes. But it's hard to even get rid of the damn ball when even before you drop back.

Receivers? Don't get me fvcking started. Hill can be molded into a megatron-type guy, but he's got stone hands. Kerley is good, but he's not great. Clyde Gates? Chaz Shillens? Really? No type of deep threat. And speaking of deep threat, we don't go down field!!!! Sparano is a moron and the play calling has been suspect all season. He lost all of my respect last week in New England.

Special teams fell apart today, the D stunk, and obviously the O was sh!t. But it's all Mark's fault, right? Give me a break.

Yeah, I'm a Giants fan. The excuses for Sanchez are sickening. Good quarterbacks make everyone around them better.

Sanchez is given a huge leash plays about as bad as possible some games. How about the series in the third quarter I believe it was, when he threw a pass a Dolphin dropped, the next pass was picked off and the pass after that was nearly picked as well. Sanchez doesn't have the pedigree to be a quarterback exempt from being pulled. Tebow is a usefull player rotting away on the Jets bench.

Yeah, I'm a Giants fan. The excuses for Sanchez are sickening. Good quarterbacks make everyone around them better.

Sanchez is given a huge leash plays about as bad as possible some games. How about the series in the third quarter I believe it was, when he threw a pass a Dolphin dropped, the next pass was picked off and the pass after that was nearly picked as well. Sanchez doesn't have the pedigree to be a quarterback exempt from being pulled. Tebow is a usefull player rotting away on the Jets bench.

Tebow is not any good. The ONLY reason he did anything last year as a starting QB is because Denver's defense got hot for a while and was able to keep its team in games. His best game was against Pittsburgh in the playoffs, and that's because Tomlin decided to give him no respect as far as his gameplan went. But basically it's pretty simple, re: Tebow...if the defense is giving up some points, he is not capable of keeping pace.

As far as QBs go, you have a select group in the NFL who find a way to win and succeed with they've got, and everyone knows who those guys are. But most guys need SOME weapons to help them out. If I'm a Jet fan, I'm frustrated by Sanchez not because of what he's doing now, but what he's done before...he's shown the ability to win big games...it's not like he's been Dave Brown his whole career. Sanchez is not blameless this season, but his franchise really has not done anything to help his cause, which is kind of strange considering that they signed him to a pretty nice extension. And if Tebow could ever be considered the answer, then the question's probably not even worth asking.

Not neccessarily true. Being a Giant fan under Coughlin you have a great front office draft quality players, fantastic coaching molding these prospects and an OC who understands how to tap into that talent. The JESTS have NONE of these things.

Tebow was a media vehicle in an effort to boost potential PSL among non-football fans and to sell merchandise. Tebow was not about Football per se.

Tebow is not any good. The ONLY reason he did anything last year as a starting QB is because Denver's defense got hot for a while and was able to keep its team in games. His best game was against Pittsburgh in the playoffs, and that's because Tomlin decided to give him no respect as far as his gameplan went. But basically it's pretty simple, re: Tebow...if the defense is giving up some points, he is not capable of keeping pace.

Bit of a contradiction here. Tebow sucks but the Steelers lost because they didn't respect. But I do see what you are saying.

Not even calling for Tebow but a backup in general. Sanchez has been replacement level bad in some of these games. And you guys are right, right now the Jets have zero weapons. Well go with the ground and pound using an asset in Tebow. One of the benefit of a run option offense is ball control. A three and out taking three minutes off the clock is better than one with 30 seconds. String a couple first downs together, and that defense starts getting grinded down. That's what has happened to the Jets D a lot this year, they need to protect them a bit. Especially with the injury to Revis.