2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

He is nationally recognized as the Jets #1 fan, it is sports related news. News compells information. Information neccessitates a press conference or press release. Standard cycle.

The story has only a few days to go, but I am sure it will be featured someplace on some network pregame story on Sunday.

He probably should have known better than to wear a Sanchez jersey lol, but yeah it's ridiculous that all this QB nonsense has come to this. And unfortunately as I've always said, fans are jealous of other fans who get attention, you see it all the time.

There are fans who recieve attention for a variety of reasons and then there are fans who look for attention and strive for it. Those are the ones people dislike the most. The Devils have many of these types of fans, too. Fireman Ed's 15 minutes of fame lasted 20 years too long.

I'm sure he hasn't....but it looks like Westhoff has quit

2 rookies on the Cardinals O-line...we still haven't touched Lindley. Every blitz has been picked up

Folk with 2 off the uprights. What a joke

Edited by '7'

McElroy isn't the answer...but let's see if he can manage this game to a victory for us. Honestly he's probably no better than Sanchez. Maybe a better game manager but a worse arm. It's just a breath of fresh air for the moment, but we still need a qb for next season

What worries me is unless McElroy lights it up they really have no excuse not to let Tebow have a shot when (if) he gets healthy.

The Jets won't touch with a 50 foot pole. They'll start with the "well rib injury, throwing motion compromised because of it etc...keep him in his role etc"

the last thing the Jets want is for Tebow to have 1 good game as a starting QB

Edited by '7'

..the team needed a spark. -period.

I hate to break it to you, but this isn't the first time under the Rex\Sanchez era, that a backup QB has earned a victory for this team. In 2009 an injured Sanchez sat for Kellen Clemens against Tampa Bay. The Jets won 26-3. Clemens played all 4 quarters. This also happened in 2010 season. Last year January 2nd, 2011 the Jets beat the Bills 38-7 resting Sanchez. Mark Brunell threw 2 TD's, and played all 4 quarters.

So McElroy playing 18 minutes, completing all of 4 passes.. beating a team by 1 point, with a CFL quarterback in Ryan Lindley.. means what to me exactly?? That the Greg McElroy era has officially begun?

if u r going to credit brunel clemons mcelroy with wins, than u r also discrediting sanchez to. with that said that leaves sanchze with a career reg. season record of 29-27. so why r u so bound to the guy? mcelroy is faster younger and just won ur team a great game. y not support him?

How about whatever Qb performs better in practice this week starts in Jacksonville?

I gotta figure Sanchez gets next season. He's owed 8 million dollars...they'll upgrade the weapons around him and give him one last shot. And as infuriated as I've been with him...he deserves that at least.

Some positives from today

- Stephen Hill....had some nice grabs and zero drops

- The Powell and Greene rotation at RB had a very good day. Got stronger as the game went on...lots of tough runs against a very physical defense.

- The Jets 3rd down defense. I don't care who you're playing, going an entire game without allowing a 3rd down conversion is incredible.

- Cromartie on Fitzgerald...yea Lindley wasn't good enough to get the ball there anyway, but Fitzgerald was rarely open

- Kerley...relatively quiet all game but had a huge circus catch on a 3rd down conversion late in the 4th. He's a legit receiver. Not star level yet but his upside could be a Miles Austin type

Negatives

-Sanchez...no need to discuss further

-Keller coming up lame again

- Folk needs to snap the hell out of it already. 2 off the upright. I'll give him a pass on the 52 yarder, but he's got to make the 40 something yarder

- Westhoff asleep at the switch again during the fake punt

Edited by '7'

How about whatever Qb performs better in practice this week starts in Jacksonville?

I gotta figure Sanchez gets next season. He's owed 8 million dollars...they'll upgrade the weapons around him and give him one last shot. And as infuriated as I've been with him...he deserves that at least.

I've always been in Sanchez's corner, based on the four road playoff wins in his first two seasons (obviously he didn't do it all alone, but his numbers were strong and he was a big reason why the Jets got to the AFC Championship game twice), but the numbers in the regular season overall for Sanchez are just bad. QB ratings aren't everything, but he has a 72.9 career regular season QB rating, (71.4 this season) and that is just awful, especially in this era of bloated QB numbers. And I know lack of weapons hasn't helped his cause, but he doesn't seem to be getting any better. I would agree, upgrade the weapons and give him next year, but I think the leash on him just got a lot shorter...I think Ryan really wanted to give Sanchez every last chance to keep his job, to be the guy who looked so solid in winning four playoff games, but finally had his hand forced.

And sanchez returns as starts...

After a seasons worth of the front office doing everything in their power to fvck Sanchez, they finally did right by him with this move.

It's bad enough they starved him of weapons, but look at the teams defenses he's played against this season, in conjunction with a no-name offense. Arizona; 6th best defense in the league.. 49ers; 2nd best.. Seattle; 4th best.. Houston; 5th best.. and Pittsburgh #1 overall. Couple that with the worst cast-of-characters in the NFL on offense, I'm actually stunned he only had 13 picks.

..now you have lesser defenses on the plate coming up in Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Buffalo.. ranked 27th, 31st, & 25th respectfully, and you're going to let McElroy feast on the garbage after you threw Sanchez in the fire all year?!

At that point upper management should've just come out and say "we want Sanchez to fail" because they would no longer be discreet about their intentions.. they'd be obvious.