2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

Still don't love the whole defensive ranking thing (like I've said, it's only based on yards allowed), but the rankings you listed are actually pretty close to their rankings in PA as well. NE's D has continued last year's trend of being ranked pretty low overall, but staying in the middle of the pack, as far as PA goes.

disagree w/the move. sends a bad message to the team. almost like f u and ur contribusions. who cares if u won us the game, ur names not sanchez

I don't believe that for a second. If anything, the game against Arizona proved that Sanchez is no longer untouchable. When OTA's opened for the Jets in July, the incantation was: Sanchez is our franchise quarterback.. period, end of sentence. Now if you listen to Ryan's pressers, there is no real starter. He says his decision is based "week to week" in naming the quarterback to play.

This greatly impacts McElroy next season, aswell as Tebow. I think if things remained the status'quo, Tebow may have requested a trade next year. However, now that the Jets have essentially said the starter position is up for grabs, that may entice him to play out his contract here. His ego admires NY too much.. and if the front office promises an open quarterback competition at training camp for the job, I'd say it's a lock that he returns for 2013.

Gregsanity is a different story. I wouldn't bet against Greg McElroy fetching the highest draft pick of the 3 QB's a this point, if the Jets were to trade him next season. I'm not trying to say he showcased a Matt Flynn type performance on Sunday, but other teams know the limitations of Sanchez & Tebow. McElroy really has no ceiling as of this point. He showed he had the goods in college, having won a BCS National Championship.. he's a Rhodes Scholar, and he's also younger that either MS or TT.

Either way, the juggling act that the Jets do with Tebow, Sanchez, & McElroy next season should be extremely interesting.

disagree w/the move. sends a bad message to the team. almost like f u and ur contribusions. who cares if u won us the game, ur names not sanchez

WHAT??? Bottom line is Sanchez gives this unorganized, underskilled team the best chance to win. McElroy is far too green and the team and coaching staff have no confidence in Tebow with the playoffs still technically in reach.

Another ugly win but a win nontheless.

Sanchez had a bad fumble...but otherwise didnt factor into much of anything as the Jets stuck to the run all game, despite early struggles, and eventually ran Powell and Greene to victory. Both backs seem to be the type that get stronger as the game goes on.

We lost Stephen Hill...I'm guessing for the season with the way he went down (revis like) so now that Braylon is a free agent....why the heck not? At this point were down to nothing at the WR position and even Kerley is playing hurt. The Jets had some guy named Mardy Gilyard catching passes today. Who?

It's a long shot but hey, Pittsburgh and Cincy both lost today. We're very much alive heading into next week and I doubt anybody would've expected that after the butt fumble game.

Continuing great play from the D. Wilkerson is really turning into a trenendous player and was in the backfield all day.

To give credit where it's due, Sporano has fashioned a very nice run game with two backs who aren't exactly Adrian Peterson and David Martin. He's also turned Ducasse into at least a serviceable player.

Edited by '7'

n the jets beat them by 1 point. hehehehe

The only thing that matters in the NFL is a win. Better to win fugly than to lose fugly. As ugly as that win may have been for the Jets on the field, it is absolutely beautiful in the standings. It kept them alive, slim as their chances may be. They're not toast for sure until they lose 8.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The problems with this team stem WAAAAAAY further than the QB. Has Mark been BAD this season? Sure. But the morons that run this organization haven't helped him and actually put him in baaaaad spots.

100% accurate.

Sanchez was set up to fail by the GM and the owner.

It is difficult to run any ANY NFL offense when you have:

The leagues worst OC

No running backs

No Wide Receivers

An overrated TE, semi-healthy TE

No offensive line

ALL while watching over your shoulder at your own sideline waiting for the owners team mascot to take your job.

Edited by MantaRay

The problems with this team stem WAAAAAAY further than the QB. Has Mark been BAD this season? Sure. But the morons that run this organization haven't helped him and actually put him in baaaaad spots.

We've won 4 of our last 6 games, and there's 3 different links to look at over the span that breach coincidence..

#1; No Tebow. Since the rib injury, Timmy has been a spectator. The talk of Tebow has died, and the Wildcat is an afterthought. No coincidence here.

#2; The defense is back. Albeit a sloppy 2nd quarter against NE, the Jets defense looks very good.. not great, but very good. They've allowed only 3 TD's over the last 10 quarters, going all the way back to the game against the Patriots.. and are getting timely sacks from Harris, Coples, Mo, Scott, McIntyre, etc. In the span of 1 month, Rex\Pettine have quietly taken the Jets 'D, which was then ranked 23rd.. to now 7th overall in the NFL! With the teams left to be played on the schedule, the Jets will once again finish Top 5 in the league.. only this time, they did it without Revis.

#3; Bilal Powell. Why has Greene magically come to life? -Powell, that's why. If nothing else, this season proved one thing for me, Greene is not a featured back. He needs to split the load with someone to be effective. He had that in LT & Jones, but was missing it at the start of this year, mainly because the Jets played him way too often during games. Not to mention the #2 all season long was McKnight, up until the Rams game. Credit Sparano for elevating Powell's carries, because this running game has looked amazing since. Powell's generated 4 TD's over the last 4 games, and is averaging over 4 YPC. The result has been over 700 yrds rushing as a team, throughout the last 4 wins.

This season will be filed under: *shame, because if we win that OT game against the Pats, we're 7-6 and completely in the playoff drivers seat. But that's the difference of what 1 game can do to you in the NFL. The Jets will probably finish 9-7, but miss the playoffs due to the head-to-head against Pittsburgh.

And to the surprise of NOBODY, Braylon Edwards is baaack, claimed off waivers. God knows he's an upgrade over the other dreck they have although it's interesting timing, a week after he ranted about the 'idiot's that run the Jets' :lol:

Lost the Pats game because Hill dropped a pass while standing still. If Edwards was on this team from the start of the year, we'd have between 1-2 more wins.

..if he's completely healthy, this move could be BIG.

He's still only 29 years old, and has incredible magnetism with Sanchez. Chemistry doesn't just go away.. go ask Brady & Branch. Sometimes a player works on 1 team, and 1 team only. Will Braylon return to the ProBowl? -no. But if he showcases himself properly these last 3 games, I genuinely believe the Jets protect their investment on Sanchez, and bring Edwards back next season.

EDIT: That being said, the targeted weapons of; Holmes.. Braylon.. Hill.. Kerley.. and Keller, really wouldn't be that bad for Sanchez next year. If the team could bring in a veteran HB to split the load with Greene, the Jets may not really have to do that much tinkering to improve the offense.

Edited by Beezer34

96c6d72d839e5fd46b5f3d57ca5bc6d1-getty-107903331cc088_wild_card_pl.jpg

Memories of some of my favorite moments of Bray'Bray as a Jet.

-October 12th, 2009.. Jets vs. Miami. This was Braylon's debut game as a Jet on MNF, and he makes the most amazing TD catch of his career. Brilliant!

-December 19th, 2010.. Jets vs. Pittsburgh. This was Edwards best season as a Jet. He had nearly 1,000 yrds, and 7 TD's. I remember this game because he was absolutely uncoverable! There was nothing the Steelers could do to stop him. He finished the night with 100 yrds, and 8 first downs!

-January 16th, 2011.. Jets vs. Pats. The image of Edwards dragging 3 Patriots with him into the endzone is not only one of my favorite Braylon Edwards moments.. but one of my favorite Jets moments of all time. You know the rest.. Jets beat the Pats, and advance to their 2nd consecutive Championship game.

-December 11th, 2012.. JETS BRING BACK THE BEARD!!

Yeah Branch worked with BRADY and only Brady as opposed to Hasselbeck/Tavaris Jackson/Whitehurst/etc, gee I wonder what the difference between Brady and those guys are?

Braylon's kinda looked washed up but he also looked like he had the heart cut out of him when he left NY. Maybe this does rejuvanate him, although the injury issues he's had since leaving the Jets don't just go away. Even so, he's still miles better than the dreck currently on the roster.

We've won 4 of our last 6 games, and there's 3 different links to look at over the span that breach coincidence..

LMFAO. Are you kidding me? You want a bigger correlation? You beat 4 teams that are even worse than the Jests. The team you just beat is 2-11, and the team you struggled to beat the previous week lost 58-0 to an NFL caliber team. You got lucky against St. Louis but your grasping at straws in relating these minor wins to epic changes for a mediocre franchise.

Edwards is a upgrade over the garbage you have, but letting him go instead of Holmes was a terrible mistake to begin with.

Yeah Branch worked with BRADY and only Brady as opposed to Hasselbeck/Tavaris Jackson/Whitehurst/etc, gee I wonder what the difference between Brady and those guys are?

Braylon's kinda looked washed up but he also looked like he had the heart cut out of him when he left NY. Maybe this does rejuvanate him, although the injury issues he's had since leaving the Jets don't just go away. Even so, he's still miles better than the dreck currently on the roster.

The thing is though, Edwards looked kind of washed up BEFORE he got to the Jets too. He looked the same at the end of his Cleveland tenure as he does now.

It'll help having a legit receiver across the field from Kerley.

LMFAO. Are you kidding me? You want a bigger correlation? You beat 4 teams that are even worse than the Jests. The team you just beat is 2-11, and the team you struggled to beat the previous week lost 58-0 to an NFL caliber team. You got lucky against St. Louis but your grasping at straws in relating these minor wins to epic changes for a mediocre franchise.

Edwards is a upgrade over the garbage you have, but letting him go instead of Holmes was a terrible mistake to begin with.

how did they fare in New England?

We didn't get lucky in St. Louis. We beat them convincingly. Pretty much ran it down their throats.

Lost the Pats game because Hill dropped a pass while standing still. If Edwards was on this team from the start of the year, we'd have between 1-2 more wins.

..if he's completely healthy, this move could be BIG.

He's still only 29 years old, and has incredible magnetism with Sanchez. Chemistry doesn't just go away.. go ask Brady & Branch. Sometimes a player works on 1 team, and 1 team only. Will Braylon return to the ProBowl? -no. But if he showcases himself properly these last 3 games, I genuinely believe the Jets protect their investment on Sanchez, and bring Edwards back next season.

EDIT: That being said, the targeted weapons of; Holmes.. Braylon.. Hill.. Kerley.. and Keller, really wouldn't be that bad for Sanchez next year. If the team could bring in a veteran HB to split the load with Greene, the Jets may not really have to do that much tinkering to improve the offense.

Greene is a ufa himself, but I don't see any team really going after him.

Powell has proven to be solid though unspectacular.

I can see us bringing in somebody like Steven Jackson and to split time with Greene in an LT type move. We could also start running effective screens with him again.

odd y they ever allowed him to leave in the first place. sanchez hasn't been the same since

I'm convinced that the Jets shake up of the WR corp. from 2010-2011, was due to their obsession in finding their own Victor Cruz.

They wanted somebody that was an unknown, and would catch the division off-guard. An explosive player that the Fish\Pats wouldn't have game tape on to prepare for.

Mike T's. entire legacy as a Jet GM will forever be tarnished by his decision in choosing Holmes over Edwards.. when it was EDWARDS that should've been retained!! Furthermore, I think bringing back Edwards NOW is a desperation move by Tannenbaum to save his job. The funniest thing about that is, if Edwards & Sanchez click again, Mike T. looks even more moronic in the first place.. which is why I feel he waited so long to finally bring him back. He fully knew the ramifications of what Sanchez's success with Braylon would lead to. *ie: "Why was he let go in the first place!?" Yet he defiantly insisted on pushing the round peg into the square hole, even at the expense of a new OC, until it became abundantly clear.. Sanchez is just not the same player he was with Edwards! I said it after the 2010 season, and I'll say it again.. the shift of Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jericho Cotchery, and Brad Smith --to-- Plaxico Burress 2 years removed from football, 37 year old Derrick Mason, Jeremy Kerley, and Patrick Turner, is one of the most ridiculous, stupid, joke, asinine, absurd, retarded, mind boggling, dumbass, decision(s) any sports front office has ever made. That team had success.. they had chemistry.. they won 11 games. They were 1 win shy of a Superbowl appearance. And you follow-up that season by retaining Holmes...... and no one else??! It's really remarkable that THAT transition ALONE didn't destroy Sanchez. So how does Tanny follow-up the screw job of 2011? -with the screw-job of 2012 of course!! He further starves Sanchez with even less weapons. Does nothing to talk Tomlinson into coming back, nor supplement the injury to Holmes. And oh yeah, Tim Tebow!

..enjoy life as a KOHL'S Regional Executive after this season Mike. Trust me.. you've earned it!

The thing is though, Edwards looked kind of washed up BEFORE he got to the Jets too. He looked the same at the end of his Cleveland.

Excellent point.

You want a bigger correlation? You beat 4 teams that are even worse than the Jests. The team you just beat is 2-11, and the team you struggled to beat the previous week lost 58-0 to an NFL caliber team. You got lucky against St. Louis.

Any given Sunday Manta. Didn't the dogsh!t Eagles beat your team this season?

The Jets statistically had the hardest schedule throughout the first 12 games in the NFL. Sorry we didn't get the opportunity to play worldbeaters like the Chiefs, San Diego, Oakland, & Cleveland x2 throughout October & November. But hopefully you guys won't drop your 3rd in-a-row come Sunday. <<hugz>>

The Jets have one of the easiest schedules in the league, half the team they have faced are under .500.

San Diego, Philly and Cleveland would all beat the Jets.

the jets could just as easily beat all those teams. I can't see somebody like Weeden or Foles doing well against the Jets. Even without Revis they have a damn good secondary

Edited by '7'