Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlizzardCyclone

Old Devils Mascot "Slapshot"

65 posts in this topic

I know this is random but does anyone have any pictures of the old mascot? Also, anyone have a list/pics of all the mascots the NJ Devils used? Thanks. (PS I tried Googling Slapshot but nothing came up) I think the CAPS mascot is called slapshot or something like that.

Isn't slapshot in jail LOL

There must be a mug shot of a giant puck holding up his prisoner number somewhere.

Isn't slapshot in jail LOL

There must be a mug shot of a giant puck holding up his prisoner number somewhere.

Mascot History

1993: New Jersey Devils mascot Slapshot is retired after the team fires its performer for improperly touching three women while in costume.

Oh, Slapshot. What crazy hijinks will you get yourself into next?

As someone who missed out, what was Slapshot supposed to be? If NJ Devil retires, is Chuck the Duck next in line?

Mike

Slapshot was a puck with Devil horns. Who was fond of playing grabass. There's a black and white picture floating around somewhere.

Was a really awful mascot.

Slapshot was a puck with Devil horns. Who was fond of playing grabass. There's a black and white picture floating around somewhere.

Was a really awful mascot.

To be fair who isn't a fan of grabass. Just what you dress while you do it is different for most of us.

As someone who missed out, what was Slapshot supposed to be? If NJ Devil retires, is Chuck the Duck next in line?

Mike

This guy

satan_jersey.jpg

To be fair who isn't a fan of grabass. Just what you dress while you do it is different for most of us.

it also makes it alot harder to get away with it. :lol: "Who groped you, ladies?" "SOME GUY IN A GIANT PUCK COSTUME!"

it also makes it alot harder to get away with it. :lol: "Who groped you, ladies?" "SOME GUY IN A GIANT PUCK COSTUME!"

even giant slabs of rubber have needs

:rofl:

Pucks are a lot less dangerous without a hockey stick.

I scanned this the last time someone went looking for a picture of the infamous horned puck:

scan0027.jpg

Ahahaa there he is. Did the Devils have anyone prior to him, and besides Baumann?

Also, isnt this the 2nd iteration of NJ Devil? I remember the early days when he drove out on the ice on an ATV with "Bad to the Bone" playing. He looked Mexican back then. I have an autographed photo somewhere, where hes sitting on the said ATV.

EDIT

Here it is lol

nj-devil.jpg

And todays (Woah watch those hands NJ, you dont wanna get canned lol)

061210M.jpg

And on a side note, best Devils Mask, Mike Dunham:

mike-dunham.jpg

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

I feel very dated and I am not even 30 yet. I remember all of these guys!

Wow, after seeing slapshot, I'd be in favor for replacing him with NJ, even if he didn't get all touchy feely. That's a horrible mascot.

Mike

Wow, after seeing slapshot, I'd be in favor for replacing him with NJ, even if he didn't get all touchy feely. That's a horrible mascot.

Mike

Arent mascots usually a choice between a turd sandwich and a giant douche !!!!!!!!!!

NJ 1.0 actually had wings as well:

scan0003-1.jpg

Wow, how very 1990s this picture is. Check out the Starter jacket on NJ's assistant there.

Wow, how very 1990s this picture is. Check out the Starter jacket on NJ's assistant there.

Starter jackets are cool when ever.