CRASHER

NFL WEEK ONE!!!

97 posts in this topic

This was such a strange game. I have no idea how to really evaluate it.

Tons of penalties...some correct, some absolute horsesh!t and baltimore got the benefit of every single call. Because of this Baltimore had a ton of 2nd chances and you really can't do that in an NFL game

the run D did a nice job on Ray Rice even without Jenkins...who I'm worried about. Got clipped down by his own guy, didn't seem to be in extreme pain but they held him out.

not sure I can grade Sanchez tonight, he just didn't have the ball enough

Green wrecked the game with the fumble in Ravens territory when we were up 6-0. The benching was justified. LT ran well, he still has something left.

Dustin Keller...you have to make more of an effort to get the first. Come on moron don't lazily glide out of bounds...field goal WINS IT. At least try to get to the marker moron!

Rex blitzed too much. As the game progressed with Jenkins gone we werent able to get anywhere near Flacco. Ellis was completely neutralized. Revis was Revis...they didn't dare test him.

Good game on special teams, great job by Weatherford.

Bottom line is when you give up 10 points you have to win. The offense is light years behind the D right now. And this is without Pace and Jenkins for most of the game

Edited by '7'

Greene and Wilson looked like crap. Cromartie was... Cromartie; 1 or 2 really nice defensive plays with a bunch of face-palming moments. Way too many penalties, though some were weak calls. It seemed like the Jets constantly caved in on 3rd down [defensively] and shot themselves in the foot [offensively and defensively] in the 1st half. I know the Ravens' defense is good but the offense was pretty ugly, outside of Tomlinson I suppose.

On the positive side, Weatherford made some nice punts and the Jets' defense was beastly against the run - 2 yds per carry average for Rice on 21 carries.

Edited by nmigliore

21-7 Chiefs!!!

:hah: Chargers :giggle:

Edited by CRASHER

whalesdolphins_wideweb__430x322.jpg

Oh, wait.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st

I thought the Jets deserved nearly every penalty called on them. All the pass interference calls were legit, including Wilson's in the end zone.

Don't want to say that last nights Raven game was "great". But if you love smash mouth Defense like I do, it was somewhat enjoyable.

I like the fact we had 3 turnovers and still won, especially with the early fumble inside our own 10.

Ray-Ray had his chinstrap on last night and led the team to victory. He is one of the greatest leaders in football history.

Really curious play calling with the Jets. Cotchery's TD is negated, and you stop throwing??? Your trying to run on the Raven's D?

We should have thrown more, it was obvious that the Jets D could not cover our wideouts in the spread formation (penalties, penalties, penalties).

I hated our play calling with 4 minutes left when we should have gone for the jugular and ended up punting with 1+ minute left.

Raven D coming up big on third down last night was great to watch.

Now, about that check written by coach Ryan......

whalesdolphins_wideweb__430x322.jpg

Oh, wait.

Hey at least the Jets didn't lose to a pitiful team that will probably finish in last place, ya know, like the Redskins. :lol:

Edited by nmigliore

Now, about that check written by coach Ryan......

It bounced.

Ray Lewis certainly was terrific last night, and the Ravens sure did exploit Cromartie and Kyle Wilson. Those guys were bewildered.

On a good note for the Jets, Steve Weatherford was a punting machine.

On a good note for the Jets, Steve Weatherford was a punting machine.

Very true, he almost got you a safety and really pinned us down.

he makes me wish Herm Edwards was our OC... I swear 6000 rushing attempts a season would be better then THIS

Are you absolutely sure about this? Last night was too Herm-ballish for my liking. How you don't even attempt to take advantage of a secondary depleted by injuries and an officiating crew that is flag-happy is beyond me. Especially after the one time we did throw deep in the game it was a 40-yard completion to Keller but Black Moses' illegal motion canceled out the play.

I think Rex ryan is still talking sh!t...... thought I saw a quote something like, " This isnt who we are"..... whatever dude, time to just get your team to play right... enough talk and newspaper headlines.

Hey at least the Jets didn't lose to a pitiful team that will probably finish in last place, ya know, like the Redskins. :lol:

I was just being fair. I mean, y'all got a kick out of that picture so much last year I figured you might enjoy is just as much now.

I was just being fair. I mean, y'all got a kick out of that picture so much last year I figured you might enjoy is just as much now.

We'll enjoy it Week 3 I'm sure. :P

We'll enjoy it Week 3 I'm sure. :P

Nah, the Jet fans won't enjoy much about week 3 at all.

I believe the Redskins will finish 2nd in the East and get a Wildcard.

Eaglets will be last in the East. I picked them to go 4-12. :evil:

I think Rex ryan is still talking sh!t...... thought I saw a quote something like, " This isnt who we are"..... whatever dude, time to just get your team to play right... enough talk and newspaper headlines.

+1 i agree

I believe the Redskins will finish 2nd in the East and get a Wildcard.

Eaglets will be last in the East. I picked them to go 4-12. :evil:

Michael Vick and Andy Reid makes that a very likely possibility :P

and as much as the Ryan Grant injury sucked... NO TEAM lost more key players to IR then the Eagles did on Sunday... esp. Weaver, he's SO important to their offense

Weaver? Oh, sure sure. A team that relies on the run as much as the Eaglets losing their FB is devastating. :mellow:

Imagine the Cowboys w/o Moose! :o

Weaver? Oh, sure sure. A team that relies on the run as much as the Eaglets losing their FB is devastating. :mellow:

Imagine the Cowboys w/o Moose! :o

he's their short yardage guy and a monster blocker for the run and pass.... I'd come close to calling him a major key player on this team... the most important guys don't all show up on the fantasy football rosters :P

he's their short yardage guy and a monster blocker for the run and pass.... I'd come close to calling him a major key player on this team... the most important guys don't all show up on the fantasy football rosters :P

+1