Preseason Tix for Sale

rdevils128

I mean pricing is definitely all up to you because you're the seller but I will just say that the Devils are selling tickets at 75% off for the preseason right now so people could get lower bowl seats for less than what you are charging. I'm assuming because you have all 3 games in the same seats that you are a season ticket holder and are selling these because you got the vouchers for free lower bowl tickets. All I'm saying is don't expect people to pay a lot for games that don't mean anything. Good luck!

All due respect, all I asked was if anyone was interested. I don't see anything wrong with asking the price I paid, with parking. I understand that they won't be in high demand. Obviously I would accept a reasonable offer. I'm just trying to get my money back. I bought these season tickets and then made the decision to go back to college so I will have plenty of games for sale, after I decide which ones I want to go to. I actually can't make the first 2 preseason games so I figured I'd offer all 3 of them for starters. And obviously I would have no use for the vouchers either...

I apologize for being unclear.. You absolutely have every right to ask for any price.. I was just trying to help you sell the tickets by recommending you ask a lower price and giving reasons why that would make sense.. What you do is totally your call.. I'm a STH so I know where you're coming from :cheers:

No need for an apology. I wasn't trying to sound like a ass. I know what your saying and I agree but its a little tough. I also work full time so now with school, I expect to lose out on a decent amount that I paid on these tickets this year. So I figured I'd start with, at least, trying to get what I paid. I'm at the point where I would probably split the season with someone if they were interested. I need to decide fast though! I've been waiting for the promotional schedule to finally be released to see if there are any games that I would not want to miss..

No need for an apology. I wasn't trying to sound like a ass. I know what your saying and I agree but its a little tough. I also work full time so now with school, I expect to lose out on a decent amount that I paid on these tickets this year. So I figured I'd start with, at least, trying to get what I paid. I'm at the point where I would probably split the season with someone if they were interested. I need to decide fast though! I've been waiting for the promotional schedule to finally be released to see if there are any games that I would not want to miss..

Well I've always found that with the Devils a lot of people buy last minute so for the regular season just list things on TicketExchange, StubHub, and Craigslist (and here although this forum gets saturated with ticket listings during the season) and you should be fine.. Worst I ever did was losing $4 on a Tuesday Islanders game.. I'm in college too so I have a similar situation.. Good luck!

If anyone is interested in any of the preseason games, let me know. Section 110, Row 5. One pair + parking pass for $100

9/25 Rangers

9/28 Flyers

10/1 Islanders

using code "PLUM1" is/was good for $20 lower level end zone tickets to some preseason games :)

Well I've always found that with the Devils a lot of people buy last minute so for the regular season just list things on TicketExchange, StubHub, and Craigslist (and here although this forum gets saturated with ticket listings during the season) and you should be fine.. Worst I ever did was losing $4 on a Tuesday Islanders game.. I'm in college too so I have a similar situation.. Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up. Someone else told me to use TicketExchange too. How has StubHub worked for you?

Thanks for the heads up. Someone else told me to use TicketExchange too. How has StubHub worked for you?

Well the thing about StubHub is they charge the buyer so much! So when you list your tickets you have to look at it from the buyers perspective.. On StubHub they are going to get charged an additional fee + shipping which is like $15-$20.. So let's say your tickets face value is $70 but since you are a STH you get them for $50.. If you don't want to lose money and you charge $60 (because they are also going to take money away from you as a service fee) then the buyer is going to pay about $70 per ticket plus shipping.. That's more than the face value of the ticket.. So when is StubHub good? Either when demand is high (Ranger game, Flyers game, etc) or when you get lucky and someone is willing to pay a lot of money for your tickets.. But it does have the advantage over TicketExchange of being more well known so more people looking for tickets will go there and see your price

That's my own opinion of StubHub.. I've been selling for 2 seasons on there but to be honest I only ever get a buyer for big games.. I have had big successes on there though.. Sold 2 Devils vs. Sharks tickets on there at $35 over face value per ticket.. It was a high demand game

Colin is correct! The fees are 10-15% on the seller, THEN another 10% or so on the buyer, PLUS shipping/e-ticket delivery fees. So what might start out at a low price can climb quickly.

Whenever I use stubhub, I try to look at the electronic tickets first ("shipping is only $4.95), and they try the other tickets. There are two advantages for the buyer with these, less $$$$ for shipping, and they do not have to wait for a package, just login and download the tickets.

Getting the e-tickets does cost the seller more (1.95 per ticket I think?), but I always had better luck selling those on stubhub, and you do not need to get the e-tickets unless you sell them :)

Ticketexchange I always sold the tickets I posted and made at least a few $ from them. You have to find the "right" price that makes the money you would be willing except AND are priced right to sell. I think the min I made was $5 a ticket when I posted them last the night before the game, because no one in my family could make it. Another time a got club seats and posted my tickets at what I thought was a very high price, and they sold in less than a day, sold them for way more than the club seats with VIP parking pass cost me. If those didn't sell off to my friend they went (they had tickets, but whatever).

I would think also that losing a say $5 a ticket, is much better than losing ALL the money you put in. Also do not forget demand for preseason games seems to be rather low, compared to regular season (even if rangers).

Don't be too hard on this guy... he only wants to make his money back. There's nothing wrong with that at all. He'll learn that no one will pay face value for preseason tickets... but that doesn't mean that he should at least try to break even on this thing first...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.