Devils-Avalanche Game Thread

NJDevs4978

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

admittedly if only we could go back in time and trade gomez and holik for lecavilier. but alas hindsight is 20/20.

i feel like gomez is too good a player that we would not be able to get equal value for him. and I'd take the two cups the scott gomez era has brought us over mindblowing stats.

edit: trying to improve horrid grammer

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Hey, say what you want about Gomez, someone always will. But he's a guy that has made well under $1M for each of his 4 years in the league, has finished either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd on the team in scoring each of those 4 years, and has won 2 cups in 4 years, made it to the finals another year, and the only year his team hasn't made it to the finals he was out hurt for the entire playoffs. I'd say the Devils have gotten the bang for their buck! Enough said.

Big-time win for the Devils. They always seem to have fits when playing against the Avs... good to see they can hold their own, though it did come without Selanne & Kariya in the lineup.

But hey, a win is a win. Good job, boys.

How about Rafalski and Elias with 2 assists each.

Actually Forsberg and Kariya, but yeah any win over that team is a good win. Especially after giving up the lead in the third period off of one of the dumbest turnovers I've ever seen after it looked like White's goal would give them almost a carbon copy win as the one they had Thursday. But Friesen does pick his moments well doesn't he? :dance:

And yeah Raf and Elias are piling up the assists. It would be nice for Elias to get more goals, but I guess you can't complain about points ;)

Argh! Nobody told me it was an afternoon game! I was out getting groceries. I bought chips and hrmm... *tries to remember the american word* soda so I could settle in to the coach and watch the game tonight.

Ah well, it was for the best. Devils are 0-3-1 at home when I'm either there for the game, or watch it on TV. They are 2-0 when I miss the game. (-:

/me cancels his Centre Ice package. (-:

-----------

Guess I'll be eating chips and drinking root beer watching the Canadiens kick some Ranger ass.....

/me goes to investigate Tivo.

Dunno yet. I may be out of town. I'd like to... there is a deal at my workplace to get 15% off tickets to the game on the 8th.

I already have my tickets for the Dec. 6th game as part of my season ticket package. I wanted to get both games, but the group of friends that I go with (all Sens fans who detest the Devils even moreso than before) didn't want either, ostensibly because "both games are on Hockey Night in Canada. What's Saturday night without Don Cherry?"

yeeahhyeahhh

btw what was the unsportsmanlike conduct call on gomez?

He was yapping at the ref after he got a roughing penalty. The refs were bad this game, however, calling penalties when there shouldn't be any, missing obvious calls right in front of them. Surprising since McCreary usually calls a good game.

Edit: Though they were down 1 linesman for most of the game, it still doesn't excuse the blown calls.

whoop there it is!!! whoop there it is!!

GO NIEDS!!!!!!

and gina is there, she got to see our boy score! lol yay!

Yep!! :clap: I was yelling and cheering so loud, it was great! :D:D Before today, he hadn't scored when I was there for so long!

That was a fun game to watch, although I have to admit the first ten minutes or so of the game were kind of lacking. In our section we seemed to be more entertained with the Carvel shake guy than the actual game itself, it was pretty damn funny.

For the most part, a really great game, had some good excitement going on there. It was insane seeing Gomez freak out like that though, but hey, that's what happens when you DON'T call an obvious penalty to begin with. Ugh, I was not a fan of the officiating today.

Rupp really seems to have the "I'm a big guy so I should throw my body around" mentality finally set in his head, it's nice to see.

Overall good win for the Devils, good game.

Great game! Aebischer (sp) made some very good saves, the Devils did have many good chances early on buy man he is pulling Waaaahhh-like moves and leaving the net wide open, about three times if I recall correctly, cannot play the puck and is making delayed decisions. Some of the Avs are fast though but the Devs' D was good today. Excellent game for White and Niedermayer but Stevens was so-so; he seemed out of it and a bit slow today. nevermind PK! Rupp played well but the guy seems to still be having trouble staying up on his skates. Hale was okay, neither here nor there..... Great hustle by Friesen for the winner and nice effort by Gionta today. Two more points for Elias and Rafalski. There were at least two cross checking penalities that should have been called on the Avs that were, of course, ignored. Gomez must have told him to f off or something, he hasn't been called for that lately but he's gotta control that. Devs were lucky to kill off 4 minutes.

A bit of a nail biter but a fun game!

PK is good luck for the team!