Kovy Interview

Found

I commend him for trying to ignore Sean. I am sure he runs his mouth more then what they show on TV. I cant even imagine what he is actually saying. He seems like the type of guy that takes cheap shots about your mom/wife or something. I dont know about you guys, but I am sure I would take my stick and make him into a human Popsicle.

I have been saying that for a long long time. He messes with way to many other players esp when it comes to the Devils. He cant even back up his talk with hockey skills. Get the net Sean, your a toolbag!

I feel Avery wouldn't be such an issue if we still had a Stevens on the ice. He would never let it happen...

if you ignore him you'll get burned like they did on the goal sat night ..

And you are wrong. We got burned precisely because he wasn't ignored. It was cute last year when Kovy was here for a short time and he got into it with Avery. Now he needs to learn to ignore the guy. Kovy for Avery is exactly what the Rangers want. Kovy needs to stop responding to the guy and focus on his game.

And you are wrong. We got burned precisely because he wasn't ignored. It was cute last year when Kovy was here for a short time and he got into it with Avery. Now he needs to learn to ignore the guy. Kovy for Avery is exactly what the Rangers want. Kovy needs to stop responding to the guy and focus on his game.

um .. I was talking about the goal where he was in front of the net and someone 'ignored' him and the puck went in .. we didn't lose the game because kovy was unfocused ... .. but I digress.. I rather have someone else take him out if only to make a statement for the year, that his sh!t has gone unanswered too long and it wont fly -- but Im dreaming since stevens is probably chopping wood somewhere.

um .. I was talking about the goal where he was in front of the net and someone 'ignored' him and the puck went in .. we didn't lose the game because kovy was unfocused ... .. but I digress.. I rather have someone else take him out if only to make a statement for the year, that his sh!t has gone unanswered too long and it wont fly -- but Im dreaming since stevens is probably chopping wood somewhere.

I know what you were referring to but you used the goal to implicate that Avery was ignored and that was the reason the Devils got "burned" and that's just not true. Besides poor D and not so good goaltending, the Avery factor was big in the Devils collapse. Kovy (and others) allowed himself to get angry and unfocused on the game. It's time for Kovy to realize that he is going to be dealing with Avery a lot and that he needs to get him out of his head.

Hanrahan! Suzanne sucks pansy! Hey Hanrahan she's a dyke!

lines like that are the reason I refuse to watch slap shot unless it is uncut.

it's that time of year watch it again. there are tons of HBO's nowadays, I wonder if it will be on anywhere over the next wek or two.

back to the topic of this thread.

My feeling is that pre-season is exactly when you do let Avery get to you. Get allt he cheap shots out of the way now, jump him, get tossed from the game. The refs know the deal.

Avery is just like pepe and Holik. No matter how much you agitate, you will only get called for some of the penalties. You get away with alot, but not everything that happens to you wil get called. If you are going to take coincidental minors(or majors), make sure the person you are going off of the ice is more skilled then yourself(or at least, more important to their team then you are to your team). Avery won't drop the gloves with Clarckson becasue he is a better player then clarkson. He will drop the gloves in an instant to get Kovy off the ice. It has nothing to do with being scared of loosing a fight, or what kind of reputation he has with the league(with the way the Stars reacted to his sloppy seconds comment, it looks like he doesn't even care about his reputation within his own locker room.

Kovy does have to learn to keep his emotions in check and not be goaded into stupid penatlies(and injuries)(when the games count, and when the game is still in doubt). I still think that will come with time. Stevens learned with time, and I think he wil make that adjustment. And there will be an adjustment going from a franschise where he was the team to a franchise where team comes first. Best way to stop Avery is by scoring PP goals

On the other hand, Clarkson and PL3 need to learn when the energy is needed. It's never about if you win or lose the fight(hence, if it's time to go, and Boogard is your only option, you gotta go or else there will be someone in your roster sport next season). It's about we are down a couple of goals and the team needs some spark, or, player X is hitting our guys a bit too much, I better start hitting a few of there guys. Try not to go when the other team needs the spark, although sometimes you have to or else you wont find the dance partners when you need it.

I don't think the Devils have had a 'energy' player that had a good feel for the game since Peluso and McKay

Avery is still no Claude. Then again, I can't think of anyone else that is either.

Joe

going after is avery is pointless. he has no desire at all tdrop the gloves and he won't. especially since he knows it doesn't take much to get kovy/clarky to drop theirs.

what we need to do is ignore avery and send someone to harass gaborik. not injure him, but let the rags know every time kovy gets f***ed with gabby will pay the price.

ignoring avery is the best thing this team can do. i just don't think they can do it.

Edited by xxchaznjxx