Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Rock 07

Nets Dominate Newark Skyline

17 posts in this topic

NetsDaily.com

getinline_aspx.jpg

The Nets began to roll out its latest billboard campaign Wednesday, placing giant figures of Nets players and Avery Johnson on sides of Newark's tallest buildings.

A towering figure (100' x 150') of Brook Lopez is already on side the IDT Building at 520 Broad Street, with the tagline "Experience Something Big". Devin Harris will be showcased on the Robert Treat Hotel. with the tagline, "Experience It" and Johnson, Lopez, Harris, Troy Murphy and Derrick Favors will stand on the 494 Broad Street building along with "Experience Newark's Newest Residents".

"We are in Newark, we are ready to play, and we want fans to experience Nets Basketball," said Brett Yormark.

Pretty cool marketing

it would be nice to see something like that for the Devils come playoff time.

it would be nice to see something like that for the Devils come playoff time.

True but the Devils sell out for the playoffs without the big cost of a huge billboard

Nice marketing you can see this thing all the way from Kearny.

Good work for once Yomark. Now make sure these things are put on the empty buildings straight down Broad St to Raymond Blvd.

By "experience something big" I'm assuming they mean the number in the loss column, right?

By "experience something big" I'm assuming they mean the number in the loss column, right?

:clap: Well played RSC

Would have been nice to see a big banner of Kovalchuk, one of Parise, and one of Marty. Certainly wouldn't hurt. Oh well.

No they mean all the space between you and the other fan in the building... Big open spaces with all the empty seats. My friend has tickets he can NOT give away...

"Experience something sh*tty"...and that's not just towards the Nets, it's the NBA as a whole.

Devils should put one up next to it, "Experience Something Better"

Edited by mmajeski06

"Experience something sh*tty"...and that's not just towards the Nets, it's the NBA as a whole.

In general, we kinda sound like MLB/NFL fans talking about hockey...

Reminds me of the Lebron "witness" billboard. 'cept Brook Lopez ain't no Lebron.

"Experience Newark's Newest* Residents".

*Temporary

Seriously, I would be much more excited about the Nets playing at the Rock if they weren't ditching Jersey in 2 years.

Edited by mmajeski06

id be excited but they arent anything to be proud of. this is a team that cannot wait to leave jersey. 12-70 what a disgrace to New Jersey sports

I'm with Running on this one, I can only see people that will remain die hard fans and people wishing to see the other teams stars coming to watch games. Bottom line is Newark and NJ get shat upon enough and have better things to do than watch a lousy team that has flipped us the bird. If you were at the season oppeners for the devils you could even see the workers at the arena have developed a relationship with the fans, they are having fun at work. You didn't see this at continental because their workers didn't' appreciate having a job, this arena is run well. I am sure the Nets will do better here than in the swamps because it will be the equivent of minor league baseball in the suburbs (no other type of action where you can get cheep tickets {I can assure you there will be tons of what works out to be giveaways} and see stars.

All the same, I love NJ sports, I hope that Newark eventually gets a team that is it's own.

Edited by newarkdev01

This sign has put a throw up feeling in my mouth everytime I drive by it on my way to the Devils games.