Roenick Smack Talk

FriesenKris

It wouldn't be JR if he didn't talk smack. I seem to be the only one who likes his personality. Every one else is like gee golly they are a good team over there.

Hockey needs more people with personality, not more office drones so to speak. Not only that, but if JR is so pissed off at the Devils that he talks about them when they haven't even played that day it means the Devils are doing well.

It wouldn't be JR if he didn't talk smack. I seem to be the only one who likes his personality. Every one else is like gee golly they are a good team over there.

Hockey needs more people with personality, not more office drones so to speak. Not only that, but if JR is so pissed off at the Devils that he talks about them when they haven't even played that day it means the Devils are doing well.

You aren't alone. I like his personality too. It's good to have vocal critics.

Oh, and the only reason he talked about the Devils is because he was asked a question about them. Otherwise I doubt he would have brought them up.

Hull for Commissioner! :D

I do wish we had more of a vocal leader here ala. Roenick or Holik, they at least keep things interesting. As long as JR doesn't make anymore Center Ice commercials he can say whatever he likes in the Philly papers because I don't have to read it... but I have no choice on the Center Ice commercials.

Risky, the problem is that with the three major sports, you are allotted a time to be "on defense". The other team has the ball in football and basketball, and in baseball, you have to pitch.

In hockey, what makes it so great is that you can go from a scoring chance at one end to a goal at the other in 10 seconds. Yeah it happens in football, but in basketball who cares, it's 2 more points, and in baseball it can't happen. The problem with this is that you're not allotted a time "on defense". The prevailing thought, then, is at all times you should be on offense, since it's the goal-scoring chances that are entertaining, not good defense.

It's BS.

Oh I kinda like JR's personality too though occasionally he can be a dvck, like when he said the team breathed a sigh of relief when Nieds left a game due to injury. I did like the back-and-forth between him and Heatley at the ASG last year; that was cute. I'm more partial to Hull personality-wise though; now there's a colorful old goat :rofl:

You aren't alone. I like his personality too. It's good to have vocal critics.

Oh, and the only reason he talked about the Devils is because he was asked a question about them. Otherwise I doubt he would have brought them up.

Hull for Commissioner! :D

Hell yeah!!!!!! I think vocal guys like Roenick and Hull are good for a league that is too blah. These guys say what's on their mind. And a lot of what they say has validity. I have always been a fan of both. And yes, I can definitely understand why Roenick got upset at Howie Rose. He mentioned the Devils after JR's team beat the Isles. Rose looked a little red in the face after JR's response :lol: .

JR can do all the talking he wants ... BLAH BLAH BLAH... his team still sucks, they still cant get it done (even when they try to buy it last minute) so let him talk....he is still going to be a loser because he is on a loser team...