Verizon Tower

trailblazer

But the thing caught on fire. That is not their fault and I have seen that screen on during the late hours of the night when nothing is going on at the rock.

My post was an attempt at humor by referencing Ricky Bobby not having a sponsor in "Talladega Nights". But in all seriousness, I'm assuming the Prudential Center and/or Verizon has insurance for this type of thing.

The hell are you talking about? Wow, I guess having a sponsor for the already $275 per seat restaurant that appears to be almost completely empty during the game is totally worth it. Yup, Verizon is not needed who provided sponsorship to a lot of things at the arena including free giveaways to everyone.

I'm talking about you complaining about every single fvcking thing the organization does. how do you know it wasn't a 3 year deal and it just ended?

all that thing did was clutter the concourse. good riddance.

and for the record, the restaurant does far more business than a glorfied phone store does. all that amounted to being was a great place to dump your kids if they got bored. there's nothing purchasable there. it's a waste of space. put the puck back over there and open up the concourse. sh!t, they could probably put 3 beer stands there and make the sponsorship money back

Edited by maxpower

I'm talking about you complaining about every single fvcking thing the organization does. how do you know it wasn't a 3 year deal and it just ended?

all that thing did was clutter the concourse. good riddance.

and for the record, the restaurant does far more business than a glorfied phone store does. all that amounted to being was a great place to dump your kids if they got bored. there's nothing purchasable there. it's a waste of space. put the puck back over there and open up the concourse. sh!t, they could probably put 3 beer stands there and make the sponsorship money back

Yeah because according to you, everything the organization does is great and couldn't be better. You are another of the handful of people who post here who should try out for the Devils Dancers. If you want to live your life with your head up your ass, then be my guest.

Also, like that dumb restaurant brings in that much business. It is overpriced as hell and on an average game I see maybe between 4-12 people sitting on the ledge that could fit a good 200. That is a huge shame and that coule never equal the amount of dollars having a big corporation sponsorship could give them. Yeah that Verizon kiosk didn't sell anything, but you can bet Verizon paid a pretty penny to have it in there to show off their stuff and have their name slapped on there.

That puck was great for the first season, now it serves really no purpose. It has been left in the corner for the last couple of seasons and barely anyone noticed or cared. I saw they brought it out on the concourse this year, and from what I saw most people still did not care. The only ones who did were the people who were there on opening night and wrote on it.

Lastly, I highly doubt 3 beer stand with that watered down swill called Bud will make up the difference of a big-name sponsorship. Less and less people are going to those beer kiosks as yet AGAIN, the price went up. I wanted to get a Landshark there but I am not paying $9 for it. Didn't look like many people were either.

Lastly, I highly doubt 3 beer stand with that watered down swill called Bud will make up the difference of a big-name sponsorship. Less and less people are going to those beer kiosks as yet AGAIN, the price went up. I wanted to get a Landshark there but I am not paying $9 for it. Didn't look like many people were either.

yea I noticed that the premium beers are now $9... :rolleyes:

wow. conspiracy theories abound regarding Verizon leaving.

It's entirely possible that the Verizon sponsorship was for a set term and the term expired. I can tell you this - one of the entrances at the New Meadowlands Stadium is adorned with Verizon logos (perhaps it's a Verizon entrance concourse?) and furthermore, the longtime executive that sold big corporate sponsorships for the Devils left a couple years ago and went to work for the New Meadowlands Stadium selling corporate sponsorships.

Wouldn't surprise me if that executive had a very solid Verizon relationship and persuaded them to move their "entrance concourse" sponsorship to the Meadowlands.

Yeah because according to you, everything the organization does is great and couldn't be better. You are another of the handful of people who post here who should try out for the Devils Dancers. If you want to live your life with your head up your ass, then be my guest.

Also, like that dumb restaurant brings in that much business. It is overpriced as hell and on an average game I see maybe between 4-12 people sitting on the ledge that could fit a good 200. That is a huge shame and that coule never equal the amount of dollars having a big corporation sponsorship could give them. Yeah that Verizon kiosk didn't sell anything, but you can bet Verizon paid a pretty penny to have it in there to show off their stuff and have their name slapped on there.

That puck was great for the first season, now it serves really no purpose. It has been left in the corner for the last couple of seasons and barely anyone noticed or cared. I saw they brought it out on the concourse this year, and from what I saw most people still did not care. The only ones who did were the people who were there on opening night and wrote on it.

Yeah, you got me pegged. Face it, you're so bitter and jaded that other bitter and jaded people (me) think you should hang it up. Every fvcking post you make here is a rambling bashing of the team as a business. It gets old. You think they got a bajillion dollars for that naming right when the other sponsor doesn't even bother to do anything except put up a couple of hanging flags? lol.

Yeah, you got me pegged. Face it, you're so bitter and jaded that other bitter and jaded people (me) think you should hang it up. Every fvcking post you make here is a rambling bashing of the team as a business. It gets old. You think they got a bajillion dollars for that naming right when the other sponsor doesn't even bother to do anything except put up a couple of hanging flags? lol.

Nah, every post I see from you is supporting whatever the team does. From, screwing the fans to screwing the sponsors who help them pay their bills, you just support whatever the team does as a business. That is why they are the most in-debt team in the league and you along with others cannot see that.

Nah, every post I see from you is supporting whatever the team does. From, screwing the fans to screwing the sponsors who help them pay their bills, you just support whatever the team does as a business. That is why they are the most in-debt team in the league and you along with others cannot see that.

um, they're the most in-debt team in the league because they built an arena. do you know who the second most in-debt team is?

how did they screw the fans? how did they screw the sponsors?

did they hurt your feelings? jesus, get over yourself. all you've ever posted here was bitching. bitching bitching bitching. it's been a whole offseason about what an awful business they are and how they don't pay their bills (without looking at any other perspective in any of the situations), and how they don't pay their taxes and how they're crooks and how they're going to go out of business.

fvck, if they're that awful, why do you waste your time even going to the games and giving them your money?

it's like an NHL version of Titan's posts, except his complaints actually stretch out into the hockey realm. seriously, how much do you think that entry sponsorship was worth? lol

um, they're the most in-debt team in the league because they built an arena. do you know who the second most in-debt team is?

how did they screw the fans? how did they screw the sponsors?

did they hurt your feelings? jesus, get over yourself. all you've ever posted here was bitching. bitching bitching bitching. it's been a whole offseason about what an awful business they are and how they don't pay their bills (without looking at any other perspective in any of the situations), and how they don't pay their taxes and how they're crooks and how they're going to go out of business.

fvck, if they're that awful, why do you waste your time even going to the games and giving them your money?

it's like an NHL version of Titan's posts, except his complaints actually stretch out into the hockey realm. seriously, how much do you think that entry sponsorship was worth? lol

Quite a bit most likely. A new building does bring in quite the number of sponsers, and back then it was during a good economy.

Yeah I have to look at not paying their bills in perspective. Just like how a landlord who deals with a tenant in an apartment has to look at not paying their rent for 3 years in perspective. I bet the landlord will def understand why the tenant cannot pay his rent even though he makes more than enough money to pay rent :rolleyes:

I never said the Devils are going out of business. Where do you get that from?

I can get a six-pack for less than that. I was already annoyed at paying 8 or so dollars for a beer, but now I am waiting for $10 beers next year. Thank god Port 44 just opened a couple of blocks away.

Exactly more and more reason to get our fill of beers outside before the game for an average $3 a pint!