Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devils1985

Trenton starts tonight!

13 posts in this topic

Pending the usual lineup shuffles that go with the minors, we could be pretty good this year. They're doing a nice pregame tailgate including a (presumably Royal Purple) junker you can whack at with a hammer. Starts at 4 pm. Can't wait!!!

Pending the usual lineup shuffles that go with the minors, we could be pretty good this year. They're doing a nice pregame tailgate including a (presumably Royal Purple) junker you can whack at with a hammer. Starts at 4 pm. Can't wait!!!

At TCNJ, my fraternity did a car smash a few weeks ago.. Maybe the T-Devs took our idea haha... Good luck to them

Dropped a 6-5 decision. I was rather concerned things would get ugly when it was 4-1 Reading in the 2nd, but Trenton tied it up in the closing seconds of the period before dropping to 2 back at 6-4. Justin Pender closed it to 6-5 from the point but they couldn't get the equalizer.

Try again tomorrow....Albany did win 4-3 in OT after falling behind 3-0 to the Phantoms before 5 minutes had passed in the game. Typically Kowalsky they didn't fold and T Devils alum Pemberton and Mills played key parts in the comeback.

Dropped a 6-5 decision. I was rather concerned things would get ugly when it was 4-1 Reading in the 2nd, but Trenton tied it up in the closing seconds of the period before dropping to 2 back at 6-4. Justin Pender closed it to 6-5 from the point but they couldn't get the equalizer.

Try again tomorrow....Albany did win 4-3 in OT after falling behind 3-0 to the Phantoms before 5 minutes had passed in the game. Typically Kowalsky they didn't fold and T Devils alum Pemberton and Mills played key parts in the comeback.

You seem like a passionate T-Devils fan.. I've been at TCNJ 3 years and never went to a game.. So what do you like about T-Devs games?

Our section - 114 - is pretty cool, so that makes it fun even if the team doesn't do well. We also have a blast with the mascot, Scorch. It helps that we're so close - we're moving in the spring but will still be only about 15 minutes away.

It's also cool getting to meet the players and have such a good view from the seats. We were Titans fans before the Devils got involved so (for me) the Devs were a bonus.

I still think they could do a ton more - the pregame festivities today were nice but would've been better had they been more heavily advertised for example. But it's inexpensive and a ton closer than Newark...

So glad I drove south to Trenton tonight instead. Very entertaining game as always. Haven't missed an opening night there yet, going back to 1999. At least you see these guys give a damn and try. Down 4-1 in the 2nd they storm back and tie it with 0.3 seconds left in the period. When was the last time the NHL Devils scored 3 in the second? For $15 I'm happy with a loss.

Our section - 114 - is pretty cool, so that makes it fun even if the team doesn't do well. We also have a blast with the mascot, Scorch. It helps that we're so close - we're moving in the spring but will still be only about 15 minutes away.

It's also cool getting to meet the players and have such a good view from the seats. We were Titans fans before the Devils got involved so (for me) the Devs were a bonus.

I still think they could do a ton more - the pregame festivities today were nice but would've been better had they been more heavily advertised for example. But it's inexpensive and a ton closer than Newark...

Sounds pretty awesome

Sounds pretty awesome

better today as we're up 5-2 after 2. Reading's starter was brutal (4-0 after 7 minutes) but overall Trenton playing much better than last night. Looks like we may have an offense this year, which is a nice change.

Trenton holds on for a 6-4 win, getting an empty netter to provide some breathing room after nearly blowing the third period.

Not exactly rocket science analysis after 5-6 and 6-4 games but the concern at this point is D and goaltending. Lerg is a quick SOB but at 5'6" there's just a lot of open net available, and he flops around so much he makes Hasek look like a stand up goalie. We'll see how this experiment goes as the season progresses.

Did Dunkin Donuts open back up? They were closed last year when I was around.

I don't even know, we haven't gotten to that part of the concourse! The chicken/fry combo is up to $7.50 though, I know that.

cannot hate on reading, was my only outlet for live hockey when I lived there.

same could be said for the hershey bears.

Edited by Deke

Oh I can totally hate on Reading...they're back to #1 on the #%$^ list with Martinson and Chaz Johnson out of Elmira. Thanks to the E scheduling we'll be seeing a ton of Reading this year too.