Hedberg to make start Saturday against Buffalo

msweet

I'm glad Brodeur decided to take a day off.

My guess is wants to listen to the yanks game 7. If the team still played at the medowlands, he would have had a jets/giants rig his mask like the qb helmets. If the yanks don't force game 7, he goes back in net.

Joe

See now, coming off the win it will only be more difficult for Lou to correct the current state of affairs vis a vis Brodeur.

Hedberg should get quite a few games this season, but once again it remains to be seen if this will actually happen.

Wow Johny Mac does have some balls left. Good for him.

From my observations of the past several coaches, I don't believe MacLean has the authority not to play Brodeur. In fact, I believe Lou puts other conditions on the Head Coach(s).

I recall Brent Mutter saying after being knocked out early in the Playoff, that he believed Brodeur was tired. In retrospect, it seems he wanted to rest Brodeur but was prevented from doing so by Lou.

Either Lou called this start, or Martin told MacLean he wanted to sit the next game out.

Edited by ungar

From my observations of the past several coaches, I don't believe MacLean has the authority not to play Brodeur. In fact, I believe Lou puts other conditions on the Head Coach(s).

I recall Brent Mutter saying after being knocked out early in the Playoff, that he believed Brodeur was tired. In retrospect, it seems he wanted to rest Brodeur but was prevented from doing so by Lou.

Either Lou called this start, or Martin told MacLean he wanted to sit the next game out.

unless I am misremebering, basically every coach has said it's been the goalie coach that has mostly called the shots of when to rest Marty.

unless I am misremebering, basically every coach has said it's been the goalie coach that has mostly called the shots of when to rest Marty.

If that was true, then every Goaltending Coach has the power to override the wishes of the Head Coach.

It was said by Jacques Lemaire last season, that Martin Brodeur would let him know when he wanted to rest.

Edited by ungar

rofl.gifThe 9/11 conspiracy theorist thinks there's a conspiracy within the Devils to take power over Marty away from the head coach.

You also believe in the 9/11 conspiracy

I'm not sure what "the 9/11 conspiracy" is that you are referring to.

According to government, the attacks were masterminded and implemented by a conspiracy of 19 extremist Muslims. So, in order to believe the official government story, you must believe in a conspiracy.

I don't promote any theories, just that the facts indicate that the official story cannot be the truth, and that there is a need for another investigation.

I'm not sure what your problem is.

rofl.gifThe 9/11 conspiracy theorist thinks there's a conspiracy within the Devils to take power over Marty away from the head coach.

No, the Head Coach never had the power to sit Brodeur under Lou Lamoriello.

I just told you of two former head coaches who confirm this.

Edited by ungar

If you believe the Head Coach has the authority to sit Brodeur, then why did Brent Mutter say at the post-game conference that he felt one of the reasons the Devils were defeated in the early round, was that Brodeur was tired?

If Brent Mutter had the power to sit Brodeur, then it would have been his own fault for not resting him, no?

Edited by ungar

I think it came down to "we have two games back to back which one do you want Marty" Marty says both and he was told to pick one and he picked the Rangers in NYC. Case closed. Marty figures that Hedberg will be going up against Miller and if the Devils lose that game well then Hedberg plays 8 games this season. Marty also figures if Hedberg plays well and the Devils win all he Marty has to do is play well in NYC and win then that will over shadow Hedberg's play and win.

It's a win win for Marty either way.